The End of "Friends"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Come on, ya'll. You know you have something to say about this! The media bonanza! The crappy seasons! The really really inconsistent $$ of the characters on the show and their ages!

I'm not ashamed to admit that a) I have enjoyed the show in the past and that b) I am very happy to see it end.

HelloAngel said:
I'm not ashamed to admit that a) I have enjoyed the show in the past and that b) I am very happy to see it end.

I agree on both counts.

I have not watched for the last few seasons....

I'm with you on both counts, Carrie. :up:

I admit, in a rush of nostalgia last month I went and purchased Seasons 1-3 on dvd, but it's good to see it finally end. Over the last 4 or 5 years it really hasn't been all that good, but back in the day it was a really great, generation defining television show.

I'll be watching Thursday night (even though we all know Ross and Rachel will end up together *gag* ). :sexywink:

I can't wait for this show to end. The series was funny at times, but they should have ended the show 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Yep. I definitely think they should have wrapped around the time Mondler got married. It's ending how everyone would expect.

I'm so sick of hearing about this damn show...I haven't watched in regularly in five years. It was good, then a few of the characters really started to get on my last nerve. I enjoy catching the older ones (aka the good ones) on syndication every so often.

Friends is ending? I hadn't heard, they should advertise an event like this. ;)

Friend of friends?

Is this an untimely trap!!!

I was seduced by the greatest thread title ever... although the quotes were put in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Oooooo!!! I'm glad friends will finally come to the end. I've been excited just thinking about that lately.

This is good news.

sindaddy said:
Friends is ending? I hadn't heard, they should advertise an event like this. ;)

LOL.

I've never been a regular "Friends" watcher. I've caught a couple episodes here and there while flipping around, but I never really got into the show.

I still love what Bill Maher said about all the talk about this show ending: "The end of 'Friends' is not a national tragedy." I definitely agree that the attention over this is crazy-"Frasier" is ending this season, too, and that's not getting anywhere near the attention "Friends" is getting (and I liked "Frasier"-I hadn't caught these last few seasons of it, but I've seen most of the seasons-'tis a good, funny show). I understand that this show was quite popular, and it's had a very long run, and I totally understand people will be a little bummed to have their favorite show go, and that the cast was sad to end it. But seriously...life will go on without the show. It did when "Seinfeld" left, right? :p.

I am curious as to what NBC will do next year, though, seeing as they won't have "Friends" and "Frasier" around anymore to attract people.

Angela

Hopefully it's a delightful drama about a working woman trying to make it at a pressure-filled fashion magazine. That witty David Spade is just irking to carry another series. Too bad Brooke Shields has that other gig though.

Originality!!!

:up:

Last edited:
I will say that last week's episode was probably the worst I've ever seen of this show. They're trying to set up the whole finale, but dammit its supposed to be a comedy, why was there nothing to laugh at? Was that scene with Rachel and Monica saying goodbye in cry-speak supposed to be funny?

I agree, last week's episode was terrible. This whole season has been bad.. If anyone read The Smoking Gun about that woman's sexual harassment suit against the Friends writers- I think that might explain some of the subpar writing :eyebrow:

I'm just glad to be rid of Ross :hyper: :wink:

I totally agree with you about last week's episode. A couple points:

1) If you were saying goodbye to your best friends for possibly forever, wouldn't there be more genuine emotion than that?

2) Are you going with your baby alone to Paris, Rachel?

3) Rachel says to Ross "It's been ten years...!" Has it? Maybe for the show, but in Season 1 you were 26. Does that make you 36, Rachel? Because 3 seasons ago (or so) you turned 30. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:
3) Rachel says to Ross "It's been ten years...!" Has it? Maybe for the show, but in Season 1 you were 26. Does that make you 36, Rachel? Because 3 seasons ago (or so) you turned 30. :rolleyes:

Such inconsistencies in scriptwriting have always bugged me. You'd think they could at least get their facts straight, or make a list of the basic history of their fictional characters and stick to it. It's not only this show, I've seen this a lot!

BTW Jennifer Anniston is really 35.

Never liked it, glad it's going, dread the endless syndicated reruns :grumpy:

its a good show for a laugh.

i didnt find this season bad, until last week, except for the rarity with which any new content was shown. in hindsight, since september or october, it feels as though there have been 10 new episodes.

the second to last episode was really, in no way, appealing.

I'm gonna miss it. There are no other sitcoms out there that are as good as this one.

Anyway I always had this idea for the ending of Friends where Bruce Springsteen would do a big participation. I mean the thing happens in NY, Bruce is famous for writing about that place and everybody knows it! So in the final episode everybody will probably have their doubts about doing this and doing that and they don?t know what to do and that's when Bruce could show up and give his piece of advice in a very Bruce Springsteen kind of way. He's well known to write about relationships and about characters stuck in a difficult moments who have to make difficult decisions and all of his advices would be like extra smart and a little funny!!!! I mean he?s kinda like the conscience of America, he is The Boss (lots of funny jokes with that could happen too) and Friends is one of the best American sitcoms ever!! I like it a lot!!!! It should totally happen!!!! :hyper:

And he?s also not known for appearing on sitcoms, he never does that so it would feel like something special for this special moment!!! And it would be so damn funny!!!

:lmao:

The Bruce and NY idea for Friends wouldn't be off base had Friends actually acted like it was in NYC instead of just referring to it with chatter or exterior shots. I was always irritated that it was filmed in LA rather than fabulous NYC.

HelloAngel said:
The Bruce and NY idea for Friends wouldn't be off base had Friends actually acted like it was in NYC instead of just referring to it with chatter or exterior shots. I was always irritated that it was filmed in LA rather than fabulous NYC.

Oh come on the people know it happens on NYC, the cafe place is called Central Perk. Oh, when I was in LA I visited the Friends set, it was really cool but I wish I could have touched in something or sited on a chair!! But the people in the funny clothes don't let that happen!! :madspit:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Oh come on the people know it happens on NYC, the cafe place is called Central Perk.

I wasn't saying people don't know it happens in NYC. I was alluding to the fact that other than banter and exterior shots, there is very little love shown to NYC on the show. I really don't know anyone in NYC who loves the show for myriad reasons, and alot of it has to do with the way NYC is not realistically portrayed.

Pinball Wizard said:
Hopefully it's a delightful drama about a working woman trying to make it at a pressure-filled fashion magazine. That witty David Spade is just irking to carry another series. Too bad Brooke Shields has that other gig though.

Originality!!!

:up:

:lol:...I used to love "Just Shoot Me"...:p.

Heh, speaking of sitcoms, though, David Spade is on one now-he's on that "8 Simple Rules" show (which, imho, should've ended when John Ritter died).

Angela

TheBrazilianFly said:
Anyway I always had this idea for the ending of Friends where Bruce Springsteen would do a big participation.

When I read this, I thought you were going to say that Bruce should be performing, and Courtney Cox is in the front row, and she gets pulled on stage to dance again like in the Dancing in the Dark video.

I remember reading in a magazine after the first season, that Ross and rachel would end up together.
Still dont care now though, all this time later.

Back
Top Bottom