The End of "Friends" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2004, 09:41 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:58 PM
I'm honestly going to miss it...although not too much cos i'll be able to watch the reruns forever lol

Old 05-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
3) Rachel says to Ross "It's been ten years...!" Has it? Maybe for the show, but in Season 1 you were 26. Does that make you 36, Rachel? Because 3 seasons ago (or so) you turned 30.
Such inconsistencies in scriptwriting have always bugged me. You'd think they could at least get their facts straight, or make a list of the basic history of their fictional characters and stick to it. It's not only this show, I've seen this a lot!

BTW Jennifer Anniston is really 35.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:47 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:58 AM
never really got into Friends....i watch it occaisionaly
Old 05-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

i'll be watching CSI... i'm sure my mom will tape, so if the reviews turn out to be good, i'll just swipe it from her... never was a big friends fan... once seinfeld went off the air, i sorta stopped paying attention to friends
Old 05-04-2004, 12:20 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Never liked it, glad it's going, dread the endless syndicated reruns
Old 05-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:58 PM
its a good show for a laugh.

i didnt find this season bad, until last week, except for the rarity with which any new content was shown. in hindsight, since september or october, it feels as though there have been 10 new episodes.

the second to last episode was really, in no way, appealing.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Just like with Seinfeld, another show I never watched, the endless death throes are, well... endless.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'll be watching CSI...

Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:58 PM
I'm gonna miss it. There are no other sitcoms out there that are as good as this one.

Anyway I always had this idea for the ending of Friends where Bruce Springsteen would do a big participation. I mean the thing happens in NY, Bruce is famous for writing about that place and everybody knows it! So in the final episode everybody will probably have their doubts about doing this and doing that and they donít know what to do and that's when Bruce could show up and give his piece of advice in a very Bruce Springsteen kind of way. He's well known to write about relationships and about characters stuck in a difficult moments who have to make difficult decisions and all of his advices would be like extra smart and a little funny!!!! I mean heís kinda like the conscience of America, he is The Boss (lots of funny jokes with that could happen too) and Friends is one of the best American sitcoms ever!! I like it a lot!!!! It should totally happen!!!!

And heís also not known for appearing on sitcoms, he never does that so it would feel like something special for this special moment!!! And it would be so damn funny!!!

Old 05-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

The Bruce and NY idea for Friends wouldn't be off base had Friends actually acted like it was in NYC instead of just referring to it with chatter or exterior shots. I was always irritated that it was filmed in LA rather than fabulous NYC.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
The Bruce and NY idea for Friends wouldn't be off base had Friends actually acted like it was in NYC instead of just referring to it with chatter or exterior shots. I was always irritated that it was filmed in LA rather than fabulous NYC.
Oh come on the people know it happens on NYC, the cafe place is called Central Perk. Oh, when I was in LA I visited the Friends set, it was really cool but I wish I could have touched in something or sited on a chair!! But the people in the funny clothes don't let that happen!!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

Oh come on the people know it happens on NYC, the cafe place is called Central Perk.
I wasn't saying people don't know it happens in NYC. I was alluding to the fact that other than banter and exterior shots, there is very little love shown to NYC on the show. I really don't know anyone in NYC who loves the show for myriad reasons, and alot of it has to do with the way NYC is not realistically portrayed.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:17 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
Hopefully it's a delightful drama about a working woman trying to make it at a pressure-filled fashion magazine. That witty David Spade is just irking to carry another series. Too bad Brooke Shields has that other gig though.

Originality!!!

...I used to love "Just Shoot Me"....

Heh, speaking of sitcoms, though, David Spade is on one now-he's on that "8 Simple Rules" show (which, imho, should've ended when John Ritter died).

Angela
Old 05-05-2004, 06:36 AM   #29
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
Anyway I always had this idea for the ending of Friends where Bruce Springsteen would do a big participation.

When I read this, I thought you were going to say that Bruce should be performing, and Courtney Cox is in the front row, and she gets pulled on stage to dance again like in the Dancing in the Dark video.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:51 AM   #30
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:58 AM
I remember reading in a magazine after the first season, that Ross and rachel would end up together.
Still dont care now though, all this time later.