The end as we know it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean literally or is this some reference to something? :lol:
Rock and roll has too broad a scope to say its going to end soon, imo.

:D

:scratch:

ok... on two levels of discussion here:

1.) AS AN ARTISTIC FORM: Has rocknroll exhausted all its artistic forms of expression in sound and in songwriting?... Is "classic rock" the only idealized form of rock which can never be surpassed? E.g. can there be an original, fresh next-in-line-of-evolution a la the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin? Has old school punk, like Sex Pistols and Ramones, run out of steam... such that all we will get in the near future is Blink182wannabes? Has My Bloody Valentine perfected shoeglazing w/ their Loveless LP... that no one else can venture into shoegaze rock w/ a new slant of originality? Has grunge over-exhausted itself? The yet-defunct Pearl Jam and STP can't seem to put out decent music while restricting themselves within a genre.... Is nu-metal the last frontier of rock?... and inevitably everything will meld w/ hiphop and teeniepop... BOTTOMLINE: Can we still make rocknroll w/ 4 ingredients: vocals, guitars, bass, and drums... rather than approaching rock and roll with more foriegn implementations, like turntables and other electronic computer devices to make sounds more artificial than electric guitars.

2.) AS A CULTURE: Have we as a world culture run out of things to rebel against?... Are we too copacetic w/ our creature comforts?... Are we "comfortably numb" or indifferent? Do we have nothing just to rant against the ways of the world?... The only rock you hear on MTV these days are a bunch of whiny poseurs going off on the ever-marketable teenage angst... Even then, they still can't articulate their anger very intelligibly... Has rocknroll gone mainstream? BOTTOMLINE: Can rocknroll really change the world?

Last edited:
if you are looking for rock&roll on mtv you are missing alot my friend.

2004 is going to be a great year for rock&roll trust me , trust me i know.

rock&roll has alot of faces, some hard rock(which i love,ex guns n roses,), some pure rock(i love,ex led zeppelin) some rock&roll(i love, ex u2) some pop rock(cant say much about this one ex cold play, travis etc) some pussey rock(i hate ex .......... )

heavy metal is not rock&roll.same goes for grung and all you punks out there.
i hate it when all these metal,grung and punk bands say when asked what do you cal your self and their answer will be ROCK&ROLL. NO DUDE YOU ARE NOT ROCK&ROLL.

what you need to be a rock&roll band?

a singer (who can sing not just screem or make some oooowow)
guitarist(who can solo)

I think in the history of rock there's only been one band that has played purely rock music

The Clash

No boring guitar solos (not the twenty-five minute November Rain type anyway), brilliant lyrics, and music that made you, for better or for worse, to overthrow the government.

i know what ya mean with the boring solos.
but to say that about november rain(oh the video also rocks)
slash puts alot of love and soul in his solos, its no trash heavy metal guitar solos which can get dull in thime.

if you talk to alot of people they will tell ya that punk is all just power cords no real singing no real guitar playing and is just a way to rebel thats all . not rock&roll.
i like the clash. the ramones. all of CBGB,S.
any kid can play punk on their guitar(and think they are cool) but not all can play the november rain solo like me,when you say guitar what comes to mind, jimmy page, slash, edge and so on.

dont get me wrong i do like punk rock but it does not stand a chance against rock&roll.
alot of people will say hey are ya a punker(i say no bitch im a rocker :).

oh WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, your gonna dieeeeeeeee.
:tongue:

i don't like long solos at all. more than 30 seconds is long.

heee i sound like a rock star .

ROCK & ROLL will live for ever and is the single most power full force out there.

i usuall just skip to the november rain solo(if im in a rush) oh and how can a living life not like the end solo of november rain(you know what i mean) who knew guitar could sound like that. art pure art. oh and it rocks it has to rock.

Back
Top Bottom