The Emmy nominations are IN.......... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:20 AM
The Emmy nominations are IN..........

I can't believe that Barry Manilow got TWO nominations!
I'm a huge fan and I'm so frigging proud!!

++++++++

From the CNN website:

Drama Series: "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Miniseries: "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; "Elizabeth I," HBO; "Into the West," TNT; "Sleeper Cell," Showtime.

Made-for-TV Movie: "Flight 93," A&E; "The Flight That Fought Back," Discovery Channel; "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; "Mrs. Harris," HBO; "Yesterday," HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Real Time With Bill Maher," HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Special: "78th Annual Academy Awards," ABC; "Bill Maher: I'm Swiss," HBO; "George Carlin: Life Is Worth Losing," HBO; "McCartney in St. Petersburg," A&E; "The XX Olympic Winter Games -- Opening Ceremony," NBC.

Actor, Drama Series: Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX Network; Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC.

Actress, Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer," TNT; Geena Davis, "Commander in Chief," ABC; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Oliver Platt, "Huff," Showtime; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox; Alan Alda, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Candice Bergen, "Boston Legal," ABC; Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Blythe Danner, "Huff," Showtime; Jean Smart, "24," Fox.

Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Kevin James, "The King of Queens," CBS; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

Actress, Comedy Series: Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback," HBO; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Stockard Channing, "Out of Practice," CBS; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development," Fox; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Bryan Cranston, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Cheryl Hines, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime; Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Charles Dance, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Donald Sutherland, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Ben Kingsley, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Jon Voight, "Pope John Paul II," CBS; Andre Braugher, "Thief," FX Network.

Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Kathy Bates, "Ambulance Girl," Lifetime; Gillian Anderson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Helen Mirren, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Judy Davis, "A Little Thing Called Murder," Lifetime; Annette Bening, "Mrs. Harris," HBO.

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Denis Lawson, "Bleak House (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Hugh Dancy, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Jeremy Irons, "Elizabeth I," HBO; Robert Carlyle, "Human Trafficking," Lifetime; Clifton Collins Jr., "Thief," FX Network.

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Kelly Macdonald, "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO; Shirley Jones, "Hidden Places," Hallmark; Ellen Burstyn, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Cloris Leachman, "Mrs. Harris," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "The Water Is Wide (Hallmark Hall of Fame Presentation)," CBS.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM

Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:20 AM
No Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) for Best Actress Comedy Series AND no Hugh Laurie (House) Best Actor Drama Series???
Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Real Time With Bill Maher," HBO

Love this group! And no Leno nomination
Old 07-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
No Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) for Best Actress Comedy Series

There are no words to express how entirely wrong this is.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:33 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:20 PM
Definitely have to pull for The Office in any category it's nominated in.

Also pulling for Colbert.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:34 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Charlie Sheen? Does anyone even watch that show?

I guess Spader wasn't even nominated and Henry Gale from Lost should have been nominated.

(AP)NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif. One of the Emmy nominees for best animated program is the episode of "South Park" that's said to have angered Tom Cruise and Isaac Hayes.
The episode called "Trapped in the Closet" implies that Cruise is gay and makes fun of Scientology.

Cruise's fellow Scientologist Isaac Hayes reportedly quit because he was upset with the episode. And when it came time to rerun it, Cruise allegedly called Comedy Central and demanded that it be pulled. It was, even though Cruise's people denied he asked for it.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Does Julia Louis-Dreyfus deserve her nomination? Love her in Seinfeld but have yet to watch her new show.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:20 AM
Re: The Emmy nominations are IN..........

Quote:
Drama Series: "24," Fox
Where's LOST? ...

anyway... GO JACK BAUER no one can beat him

Quote:

"Two and a Half Men," CBS.
... AMAZING sitcom

Quote:

Actor, Drama Series: Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox

ass kicking, Bauer style

Quote:
Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox
DENNY CRANE!!!!!!

plus, President Logan... he's superb this season (I'm still watching it here, we're like at 1 am)

Quote:
Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Jean Smart, "24," Fox.
Is she Chloe?... pleese tell me she is...

Quote:
Actor, Comedy Series: Kevin James, "The King of Queens," Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.
wow... Kevin James?... maybe I'll start watching this season... or is he Ray Romano's replacement?

CHARLIE SHEEN... that guy can't make me laugh any harder...

Quote:
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS
... he's amazing... and the kid should be her too... another superb

And yes... LAUREN GRAHAM DESERVES an Emmy nomination... she's amazing... no other woman can make that role
Old 07-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

No House, no interest.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Re: Re: The Emmy nominations are IN..........

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
Is she Chloe?... pleese tell me she is...
Jean Smart plays "Martha Logan"
Old 07-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

:O...

still

she was great too
Old 07-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote: