The Dukes of Hazzard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
It could be educational
for those of us that don't understand the nuisances of Southern culture.

Here let me help all of y'all. I strut around in my daisy dukes daily and wear candie high heel shoes with a rebel flag t-shirt tight around my chest. I also drive my Jeep and for those special nights I drive around in my car waving my rebel flag on the dirt roads that surround my house for a night of mud bogging!! YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D

Im from the south. Ive lived in the south for decades. Therefore, I am an authority on southern culture and I say...

There is no such thing as southern culture. The south is the armpit of the Republic. With the exception of flannery o connor and william faulkner, the south is basically good for moonshine and evangelism and thats about it..although the florida coastline is nice.

Also..I heard Dukes of Hazzard sucked and I didnt have that much interest in seeing it anyway. Its a shame that a pair noble spirits such as willie nelson and johhny knoxville should have to soil their pristine names by slumming with jessica simpson in a grade d remake of crappy southern camp show that appealed mostly to frat boy pseudo rednecks and drunks.

Last edited:
well ok I guess we are all wrong:

[q]'Dukes of Hazzard' wreak havoc at U.S. box office
Sunday August 7 2:29 PM ET

The South rose again at the box office in North America as "The Dukes of Hazzard" raced to the top in its first weekend of release.

The big-screen adaptation of the 1980s TV show about two good' ol boys, their Dodge Charger and a buxom cousin, sold an estimated $30.6 million worth of tickets in its first three days, distributor Warner Bros. Pictures said on Sunday.

The film, which cost $53 million to make, opened at the upper end of forecasts. The studio's distribution president, Dan Fellman, said he would have been happy with a $25 million opening.

Last weekend's champion, "Wedding Crashers," slipped to No. 2 with $16.5 million, followed by "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with $10.6 million, both in their third weekends. Their respective totals rose to $144.1 million and $169 million.

All three films came from Time Warner Inc., whose Warner Bros. unit handled "Dukes" and "Charlie," while "Wedding Crashers" came from its New Line Cinema arm.

The media giant also shone at No. 5 with "Must Love Dogs" (Warner Bros., $7.4 million) and at No. 6 with the French-made documentary "March of the Penguins" (Warner Independent Pictures, $7.1 million).

The latter film, one of the most acclaimed releases in a generally woeful year at the box office, jumped four places in its first weekend of wide release. Released seven weeks ago, the film tracks the valiant courtship, mating and child-rearing rituals of Antarctic penguins. It has earned $26.4 million to date.

"Dukes of Hazzard" stars Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville -- hardly marquee names -- alongside tabloid staple Jessica Simpson, a middling pop singer noted for conveying a ditzy image in a reality TV show. Willie Nelson and Burt Reynolds co-star. The studio said about two-thirds of the audience was aged under 25, indicating that older moviegoers who grew up with the show were not strongly inclined to revisit Hazzard County.

Before Warner Bros. could release "Dukes of Hazzard," it agreed to pay $17.5 million in an out-of-court settlement to a group of people who held rights to the TV show, and whose litigation threatened to hold up the film's release. A delay would have been harmful to the studio since it was already committed to a major advertising campaign.

Filling out the top five, the Walt Disney Co. superhero saga "Sky High," starring Disney stalwart Kurt Russell, slipped one place to No. 4 with $9.1 million in its second weekend.

Two recent bombs tumbled down the charts. The military thriller "Stealth" slid three places to No. 7 with $5.8 million, taking the 10-day haul for the picture to $24.5 million. The cloning thriller "The Island" was also down three places, to No. 10, with $3.1 million, and a three-week haul of $30.9 million. Each cost about $120 million to make.

"Stealth" was released by Columbia Pictures, a unit of Sony Corp. , "The Island" was a co-production between closely held domestic distributor DreamWorks SKG Inc. and Warner Bros., which is handling the foreign release.[/q]

I'm not a fan of vanilla-ish women. Way too bland and not enough original character. Aesthetically pleasing, sure, but no personality whatsoever. Just way too...white and suburban for me.

deep said:
It could be educational
for those of us that don't understand the nuisances of Southern culture.

I beg you, I beseech you, I PLEAD with you - PLLLEEEEAAASSSSE!
:yell: For love of all that is deep-fried & served with biscuits and gravy - DO.NOT. take this piece of crap as indicitive of Southern culture!!!!!!!!!! :yuck:

And deep - :shame:. You're waaay to intelligent to even suggest such a thing, really. Surely you don't think that the South is still all rednecks & inbreeding??? :no: I'm going to assume that just as my reply is a bit tongue-in-cheek, so was your original comment. :wink:

ROGER EBERT said:

"The Dukes of Hazzard" is a comedy about two cousins who are closer'n brothers, and their car, which is smarter'n they are.

this doesn't look good... :ohmy:

ROGER EBERT said:

...and Jessica Simpson, from Mars. Judging by her recent conversation on TV with Dean Richards, Simpson is so remarkably uninformed that she should sue the public schools of Abilene, Texas, or maybe they should sue her.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHH... :lmao:

ROGER EBERT said:

As it happens, I also drove a 1969 Dodge Charger. You could have told them apart because mine did not have a Confederate flag painted on the roof.

:lol:

ROGER EBERT said:

Scott and Knoxville play Bo Duke and Luke Duke; the absence of a Puke Duke is a sadly missed opportunity.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHHAH :laugh:

ROGER EBERT said:

I learn from the Internet that Simpson has a dog named Daisy, but have been unable to learn if she named it before or after being signed for the role, and whether the dog is named after the character, the shorts, the flower, or perhaps (a long shot) Daisy Duck.

... :|

Back
Top Bottom