The Drunk Man's Smiley (and you thought we were smiley-crazed!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/01/21/offbeat.france.smiley.reut/index.html/

Cops not amused at drunk driver's smiley
Tuesday, January 21, 2003 Posted: 10:47 AM EST (1547 GMT)

story.smile.gif

BESANCON, France (Reuters) -- A man who erased his drunk-driving record from a police computer and replaced it with a winking "smiley face" graphic ended up with a suspended license and a fine when police failed to see the funny side.

The 19-year-old computer whiz had been arrested for drunk driving and summoned to appear in court in Besancon, in eastern France, the French daily Liberation reported Tuesday. Finding an unmanned computer as he arrived at the police station for his hearing, the man decided to test the good humor of the court by sneaking into the database.

Happy talk

He deleted his file from the computer's hard drive and inserted ";)" -- the text message shorthand for a winking smiley face -- in its place.

But rather than smiling at the prank, the judge handed the man a three-month suspended prison sentence, a $425 fine and suspended his driving license for three months.

btw, I wonder where I can contact him? I think I got done today for speeding. The first time behind the wheel since mid Dec last year, and I get caught. :mad: Going to where I was heading I saw the radar sitting on the side of the road and was under the limit, but on the way back, oblivious to everything around me and paying not one scrap of attention, I was about 8kms/hr over and he flashed me. I think he flashed me anyway. I am so stupid!!!!!!
Argh!!!!!!!!

Almost 10 years with NO traffic infringements and ALL my licence points, and I lose one on a moment of rampant stupidity.

*throws more crap and smacks self again*

Sorry for sidetracking HA.

Damn. The man is trying to keep us all down. So what - now it's illegal to hack police computers? Fascists.

Day #2 of driving after this long break and I backed into someone today and dented the number plate.
:censored:
I am not leaving the house tomorrow. :mad:

You sound like Rik on the Young Ones, notiti :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom