the dropkick murphys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yertle-the-turtle said:
skinhead on the mbta
addicting!

Now let me tell you a story of a big ole' skinhead On a tragic and fateful day He put 10 cents in his pocket kicked his wife and family And went to ride on the M.B.T.A. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. Skinhead goes down to the Kendall Sq. Station and he changes For Jamaica Plain, the conductor says skinhead I need a nickel, skinhead (punches him in the brain) or (throws him right off the train. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. Now all night long skinhead drives through the station Wondering who can I go and see Can't afford to buy crack in Chelsea or a bundle in Roxbury. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. Skinhead's wife goes to the Scully Square Station Everyday at quarter past two, and through the open window She hands skinhead a grenade as the train comes a rumbling through. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. Now you citizens of Boston don't you think its a scandal How the skinhead stole the train What's the big fuckin' deal, he'll work for beer Let the skinhead drive the train. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. Did he ever return, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown he may ride forever neath the Streets of Boston he's a skinhead who never returned. He's the skinhead who never returns. He's the skinhead who never returns.
This is actually a cover/update of a fairly old song (I remember my mother playing when I was but a wee lad) called "Charlie on the MBTA". (Don't ask me the artist, though I bet my mother knows).The "10 cents in his pocket" is a dead give away as to the song's age, as you certainly can't get on the subway here for a dime these days. As is "Scully Square Station", which has been known as Government Center since the 70's I believe.
A couple of the original lyrics:
Instead of kicking, Charlie kissed his wife and family.
Instead of a grenade, Charlie's wife hands him a sandwich every day.
Instead of a skinhead who never returned it was just "the man who never returned"

Last edited:
yeah hewson, i know, they credit the author of the original in the album, but i can't remember who it is either. i should probably go look it up...

i dug up this thread rather than starting a new one because i didn't think that just my mammoth journal entry was enough.

YEEAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i think i have a favourite band. wow.

u2popmofo said:

'new'

I think they've been your favorite for a while now.

:mac:

before they had only been one of many.

in a few weeks i'll change my mind again, but right now, i have a #1 top favourite band.

:yes:

the street dogs album came out today. that's mike mccolgan's current band, if i haven't already said this a million times, he was dkm's singer on the do or die album. kick ass cd. more than worth the ten bucks...on a side note, i can't for the life of me find my andrew wk cd...

hehe

right now some very loud awk music is the only thing preserving my sanity and preventing me from hearing the linkin park that some dumbass is blasting :crack: they woke me up blasting AFI. that was cool. then they started playing linkin park.

this is a DKM thread though.

i will admit to not thinking too clearly when i bumped your dkm thread with a post about my missing awk cd.

Back
Top Bottom