The Djibouti Chat Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:

I'm pretty shy too.....but after a while its all good.

I reckon perhaps we can do both, since the Chaser is a few months away.....and the Australian U2 show is only on like every week!

Plus you're tall, so you could just intimidate everyone if you felt like it. :wink:

:lol: Let's just hope they're playing a conveniently located venue ...

Axver said:
Oh, I just remembered something. I suggested this to Ali a couple of days ago, and since Jen and Daniel are around, I'll suggest it again. Are any of you interested in going to The Chaser's stage show that's currently touring the country? It's in Melbourne from 4-7 June and I'd really like to go, but I'd also like company! Tickets are about $50, I forget precisely but it's close to that.

So if any of you or any other Melburnian Interferencers want to go, please say so. :)
I saw an ad for that in the Comedy Festival programme... what's it called Age of Terror or something?

mysterious_jen said:

australian u2 show, when do they play next?

ST.Paddys day might be the next one actually.

But that would be a bit packed up for a meet up for us lot.

What about April 18th at the Clifton Hill Hotel?

Axver said:
... oh shit. In all the postwhoring, I forgot all about that thread! I've barely even looked in EYKIW. The new album could've leaked and I wouldn't know.

:reject:
That reminds me.... is the new round of Pop Survivor up? :lol:

bono_man2002 said:

looks liek a greta pub , as for a meetup , i dunnoes till i digs up me diary .

Alisaura said:

I saw an ad for that in the Comedy Festival programme... what's it called Age of Terror or something?

Yeah, The Chaser's Age Of Terror Variety Hour. That was actually a proposed title for the War On Everything (another was Thank Allah It's Friday).

Alisaura said:

That reminds me.... is the new round of Pop Survivor up? :lol:

Yes, and it's agonising to choose!

DYFL, Mofo, LNOE, Velvet Dress, Please, and WUDM are all winners in my book.

welll thread and brilliant peoples within, i really need to depart, very tired :crack:

will catch you again tomorrow,

Ax hang in there dude ok and email anytime, i will be checking when i am at work (got the hotmail though gen_e@hotmail.com)

and the rest of you ledgends :rockon:

Alisaura said:

It wasn't the ISP... just all the web pages suddenly didn't want to load. MSN stayed working though! :uhoh:

Actually, that is your ISP. I forget the exact problem, I just remember a friend on aaNet/EFTel having that very problem last year. There's a fix for it, I think involving proxies.

I can't even remember who we're with for net at the moment. Probably Optus. They and Telstra both suck, but the cable thing is nice. Housemate wants to change that and/or the phone, though... do you tech savvy folks know if VOIP is worth having?

http://www.austu2show.com/gig.htm

They seem to be making Cliffton Hill a regular thing... I can't remember if I've been there or where it is. I wonder why they stopped playing the Irish Times....

bono_man2002 said:

Where the hell is the Clifton Hill Hotel though? If it's readily accessible by tram or someone can pick me up, sure. I don't have any pressing demands on my time, just three Porcupine Tree gigs 25-27/04. :drool:

Alisaura said:
I can't even remember who we're with for net at the moment. Probably Optus. They and Telstra both suck, but the cable thing is nice. Housemate wants to change that and/or the phone, though... do you tech savvy folks know if VOIP is worth having?

http://www.austu2show.com/gig.htm

They seem to be making Cliffton Hill a regular thing... I can't remember if I've been there or where it is. I wonder why they stopped playing the Irish Times....

Dunno about the VOIP. We had ISDN, which was just crap. Its a totally diffrent Thing I Suppose.

:shrug: I saw them at the Irish Times, maybe they're earning more money at the Clifton Hill place?......

Axver said:
Where the hell is the Clifton Hill Hotel though? If it's readily accessible by tram or someone can pick me up, sure. I don't have any pressing demands on my time, just three Porcupine Tree gigs 25-27/04. :drool:
Which one is Melissa joining you for? I'm 70% sold....

Alisaura said:

Ah, you're on cable? Then yeah, Optus or Telstra it'd almost certainly be. I know that if I had cable, I'd ditch the phone and just use Skype for everything. As it stands, I'm on broadband so I have to keep my landline. And there's no way I'm going cable unless Internode are offering it.

Alisaura said:

Which one is Melissa joining you for? I'm 70% sold....

The Melbourne gig is on 25/04. Need me to send you more tracks? :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Dunno about the VOIP. We had ISDN, which was just crap. Its a totally diffrent Thing I Suppose.

:lol: I remember when you were on ISDN! And I was on fuckin' dialup! :lol:

Fuckin' dark ages, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom