The Djibouti Chat Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a question for anybody here with a copy of The Cure's Doubt. Especially at the end, do you think it sounds more like Bobert Schmidt is singing "knowing I'll murder you again" or "knowing you're a mod and you are gay"?

I always hear it as the latter. I have to really focus to notice what the correct lyrics are.

Axver said:
Hey Andrew! :wave:

Got to go quote a few posts for you ...

Sounds good to me. I can't go through and read it all right now. Just got in from an 8 hour band practice. My whole body is sore.

the tourist said:

Sounds good to me. I can't go through and read it all right now. Just got in from an 8 hour band practice. My whole body is sore.

I do hope that with all that effort, you brought your guitar to orgasm at least.

OK, there was this:

coolian2 said:

posts0sf.jpg

And various penis comments. I wonder how you feel about having a chat thread in Te Urewera National Park?

Te Urewera = "the burnt penis".

Axver said:

I do hope that with all that effort, you brought your guitar to orgasm at least.

Hahaha. I changed two of the other guitarist's strings for him. That's the closest I got. But I have now learned 6 songs by the new band I'm in.

Axver said:
OK, there was this:

And various penis comments. I wonder how you feel about having a chat thread in Te Urewera National Park?

Te Urewera = "the burnt penis".

That's fine with me. As long as the poster creating the chat thread adds "Superthread" to the end of the title. And in the first post makes a list of each place we've been to thusfar.

the tourist said:

Hahaha. I changed two of the other guitarist's strings for him. That's the closest I got. But I have now learned 6 songs by the new band I'm in.

Oh, you're in a new band now? Sweet. Though don't leave us!

the tourist said:

That's fine with me. As long as the poster creating the chat thread adds "Superthread" to the end of the title. And in the first post makes a list of each place we've been to thusfar.

Yeah, we need to do that. I think our current list of potential places for the next thread is:

- Inaccessible Island
- Kyrgyzstan
- Ouagadougou
- Te Urewera National Park

Axver said:

Oh, you're in a new band now? Sweet. Though don't leave us!

At the moment I'm the busiest I will be. School in the morning, 3 days of work a week, and 1-2 band practices a week. Currently our bassist is our drummer and we're auditioning a drummer on Thursday. I will be working during the audition, though, so I'll just hear about it later. I haven't formally been inducted into the band, but the two other members both say I'm playing better than the former lead guitarist. Whereas he was good, he's a sloppy player. And doesn't have a car. And lives 45 miles away from the practice space.

Axver said:

Yeah, we need to do that. I think our current list of potential places for the next thread is:

- Inaccessible Island
- Kyrgyzstan
- Ouagadougou
- Te Urewera National Park

The most annoying girl in the world that I know went to Kyrgystan. She called it Kurgy. I hated that bitch.

mysterious_jen said:
i m baaack and in a much better mood. amazing what a good dance can do for your mood.

Hi again! :wave:

I'm trying to improve my mood by listening to The Cure, Wolves In The Throne Room, Jesu, etc. I think music that reflects how I feel helps, while happy stuff is just obnoxious and annoyingly unwelcome.

the tourist said:
At the moment I'm the busiest I will be. School in the morning, 3 days of work a week, and 1-2 band practices a week. Currently our bassist is our drummer and we're auditioning a drummer on Thursday. I will be working during the audition, though, so I'll just hear about it later. I haven't formally been inducted into the band, but the two other members both say I'm playing better than the former lead guitarist. Whereas he was good, he's a sloppy player. And doesn't have a car. And lives 45 miles away from the practice space.

Ahh, right, sounds good. Now just hurry up and get famous so we can all have had our brush with fame. :wink:

I do hope it's a prog band too. What, it's not? Boo!

Axver said:

Hi again! :wave:

I'm trying to improve my mood by listening to The Cure, Wolves In The Throne Room, Jesu, etc. I think music that reflects how I feel helps, while happy stuff is just obnoxious and annoyingly unwelcome.

You in a bad mood? Did you burn your biscuits?

the tourist said:
The most annoying girl in the world that I know went to Kyrgystan. She called it Kurgy. I hated that bitch.

Don't let her spoil the country with the coolest name though.

Incidentally, I officially fucking hate people.

Axver said:

Ahh, right, sounds good. Now just hurry up and get famous so we can all have had our brush with fame. :wink:

I do hope it's a prog band too. What, it's not? Boo!

I actually don't know what to classify it as. But it's definitely not prog. It's very indie. Heard of Pedro the Lion? The singer would kick my ass for saying it, but it's like that. Only more rocking.

Axver said:

Don't let her spoil the country with the coolest name though.

Incidentally, I officially fucking hate people.

Me too! Including myself. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom