The Djibouti Chat Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alligatorframedwe3.jpg

Dikhil has some cheap gasoline.

Hopefully I will be able to fill up at the Kum & Go sometime. It will be great for my mileage.

:lmao:

That's classic.

I feel sorry for anybody from Dikhil who goes online. I doubt anybody believes that is genuinely your location. "Oh haha, he thinks he's funny."

coolian2 said:
Hey Ax, completely off topic, but the performance of Sweet Jane from http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show502.html sounds to me like a snippet fest. I think there's a little I Can't Get No Satisfaction and All Along The Watchtower

Ah, cheers for that. I should probably get my bootleg out sometime.

I also need to add the snippets for that longest Bad ever from East Rutherford ... but I don't actually have the boot. Just never got around to getting it, it's one of the few absent from my collection.

I'd like to do the South Sandwich Islands.

And, come on, Te Urewera "the burnt penis" National Park has got to be on the list.

Axver said:

I also need to add the snippets for that longest Bad ever from East Rutherford ... but I don't actually have the boot. Just never got around to getting it, it's one of the few absent from my collection.

I haven't listened to it in a while, but i think the site largely has right.

As an aside, that show has the Maybe the time is right/Maybe tonight lines sung in New Year's Day - how many other examples are there of this? It kicks the shit out of just repeating the chorus again.

coolian2 said:

I haven't listened to it in a while, but i think the site largely has right.

As an aside, that show has the Maybe the time is right/Maybe tonight lines sung in New Year's Day - how many other examples are there of this? It kicks the shit out of just repeating the chorus again.

Vazza reckons it also has Candle In The Wind.

Huh, generally it's said that verse hasn't been done. Honestly though, I've never paid attention so I couldn't tell you if Bono used to do it on occasion or not. I'll have to pay closer attention.

coolian2 said:

Painful and should stimulate some good discussion

And it's in New Zealand, so it's an inherent winner.

I remember once reading that the name of some river down in Westland translates to "dogshit waters" in English or something like that, but I can't remember which one now.

Axver said:

Vazza reckons it also has Candle In The Wind.

Huh, generally it's said that verse hasn't been done. Honestly though, I've never paid attention so I couldn't tell you if Bono used to do it on occasion or not. I'll have to pay closer attention.

The same show as epic Bad simply has those two lines done but not the whole verse.

I might give that Bad a listen for Candle In The Wind

Breathless Bono Speech (snippet) so far

9. Hookersville, West Virginia
Undoubtedly named before "hooker" meant "prostitute who picks men up on street corners," Hookersville combines two crimes of place-naming. One, a dirty sounding adjective (they couldn't have chosen "Pleasant"? "Sunny"? "Happy"?) And two, they added "ville" to the end of the town's name. Affixing "ville" to the end of a town's name is like dressing your silly little dog in a cardigan and letting him carry his leash around in his mouth. It just makes the poor animal look fucking stupid.

FTW :lmao:

Axver said:

Do you want me to send you just Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom