The Diminishing Divas Thread - First Diet Coke & Bacardi Is On The House!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)

good deal. :up:

*throws away bad foods and bad habits in order to look like this*

oxyabs_lrg.jpg

I'm in!!

I made it to the gym twice this week! :D

I'll just pretend I didn't have pizza and wine for dinner tonight :reject:

This is from this months Oxygen magazine:

[q] The Ideal Waist

With health and fashion experts screaming about the girth-growth epidemic and models artifically altering their proporations with anything from breast implants to tummy tucks, it can be difficult to know exactly what's health and what's not. Were the lashed-in middles of the 1950s pants better than the excess spilling over low-rise jeans today? Should your daughter strive for the tiny, hourglass figure of her Barbie?

Advertising is filled with unrealistic notions of the ideal female waist size and dimensions. Take Barbie for instance. Her waist is so wispy, it's debated whether she'd have room for her internal organs. Were she real Barbie would be an impossible proportioned size four, with a 19-inch waist, 39 bust and 33 hips. Compare those numbers to those of the average woman in 2004 - 34 inch waist, 40 bust and 43 hips.

* Think critically about the images you see in advertisements, films and even toys every day, and work toward realistic goals.
*Ignore the cut of clothing in the stores, ignore the models you see on television and pay attention to your unique body.
*When you're at your physical best, with a weight you can sustain in everyday life, with a healthy body fat percentage, your waist will naturally be at its best.
*Measurements vary as much as women do. Some women are genetically predisposed for narrow waists and some for wide.[/q]

ok, so never mind that photo I posted earlier. :wink:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:lol:

I bought this tonight. And I have already rolled off and hurt my elbow.

:lmao: :der:
16928Feb2005_024.jpg

:eek: Those things scare me!

My cousin, who is very skinny, was sitting on one of these and it popped. :| She fell straight to the floor and had a huge cut on her arm from hitting the table that she was sitting next too.

If that were me I would have laughed my ass off but she didn't think it was too funny :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:
My goal is 10 pounds by San Diego, which gives me just about a month.

It can be done :up:

:scream: How!?!?!!?

I don't even know what the hell I did last year to lose 20 pounds. It seemed so easy then but now it seems like the impossible to continue. :mad:

This how much of a loser I am...I have a workout room at my apartment and a gym at my work and I've only been to each of them once :mad:

:shifty:

Buy Weight Watchers magazine. :up:

I love it.

By the way:

[q]On Wednesday March 2nd, Weight Watchers centers across the country will open their doors all day long so that people can stop in to learn their weight, dsicover their BMI, and receive an education brochure that contains an action plan to losing weight in a healthy way - All For FREE! [/q] - I am so on this!

*marks date on calendar*

Last edited:
I'm going back on the low carb diet. It's a hard diet to be on as a vegetarian since there's little variety but it works.

I also think I'll go to the gym at work on Tuesday. I can't on Monday but Tuesday I'll go. Pretty soon it'll be warm enough to walk around the lake :drool:

arw9797 said:

:scream: How!?!?!!?

I don't even know what the hell I did last year to lose 20 pounds. It seemed so easy then but now it seems like the impossible to continue. :mad:

This how much of a loser I am...I have a workout room at my apartment and a gym at my work and I've only been to each of them once :mad:

I'm the same spot you are...I lost 25 pounds so easily a year ago and now I can't seem to lose an ounce.

What I hope will work for me this time is portion control and cardio 4 x per week. I just can't do the low carb thing again but I'm going to stay away from white flour and sugar.

I have a gym membership that I never use so getting myself there on a regular basis will be my top priority.

And you are NOT a loser :shame:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:shifty:

Buy Weight Watchers magazine. :up:

I love it.

By the way:

[q]On Wednesday March 2nd, Weight Watchers centers across the country will open their doors all day long so that people can stop in to learn their weight, dsicover their BMI, and receive an education brochure that contains an action plan to losing weight in a healthy way - All For FREE! [/q] - I am so on this!

*marks date on calendar*

I gained weight when I was on Weight Watchers. They also told me that I needed to eat meat in order to lose weight and wouldn't help me come up with a vegetarian alternative to their diet. I've been a vegetarian since I was 14. You couldn't pay me all the money in the world to eat meat again :tsk: So no WW for ARW ever again :tsk:

I am going to workout like a maniac, cut out the night eating, and cut out soda and sweets (which will be the most difficult, as I am a sweet freak :drool: ).

I did it 6 years ago, I sure as hell can do it again!

Progress reports are a good idea. We should have a weekly progress report - no weigh-ins, of course. :wink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:lol:

I bought this tonight. And I have already rolled off and hurt my elbow.

:lmao: :der:
16928Feb2005_024.jpg

:laugh:

In the summer I lost 14lbs and I've actually managed to keep most of it off considering how much gorbing I do while I'm at class, I'm really good at not eating bad things except when I have work to do and then the more work I have the more sweet things I stuff my face with. I have been good for the past, 2 days :lmao: I'm drinking lots of water and filling myself with fruit and veg. I don't believe in following a certain diet though, I still eat some carbs but the good ones like wholemeal bread and wholegrain rice and don't eat lots of it. I also go walking everyday (and try to take the stairs rather than the lift or walk to the top floor in the lib) and I'll start back at swimming again soon. I believe in the diet of abundance i.e. stuffing yourself with the healthy things :D Really though, in the summer I ate little meals and plates of salad for lunch with homemade fruit juices and bowls of fruit. I never felt better or more full in my life. I miss those days, I feel like a little pig now the way my eating habits are :uhoh:

arw9797 said:
I'm going back on the low carb diet. It's a hard diet to be on as a vegetarian since there's little variety but it works.

I also think I'll go to the gym at work on Tuesday. I can't on Monday but Tuesday I'll go. Pretty soon it'll be warm enough to walk around the lake :drool:

Do you eat Quinoa? It's full of protein and apparently it's very popular with vegetarians, I have it maybe once a week with a plate of veg. It's a nice change, it's quite fluffy like rice and really easy to prepare. I also like seeds like sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I would take a handful every couple of days. I could only find them at a quite expensive price in health food shops but our shop in the Students Union sells them so I brought a few packs home for us, they sell really well actually, there is a real market for those health conscious students. Sorry, I'm rambling :slant:

I'm going to have lunch which will be carrot and lentil soup followed by a bowl of grapes, peaches and apples I think :hmm:

You ladies are better than I. In true Hobbit fashion, I'm having Second Breakfast. :crack:

But I argue that this is all right, because I've read your body can burn up to 400 extra calories a day when you're...well...you know.

Count me in! I have been able to hide under layers all winter but since I will be in San Diego (4 weeks today) I guess I'll have to pull out my summer clothes. San Diego is my marker too - I don't want to have a target pounds-wise as such because when I work out I do a lot of strength training and muscle weighs more than fat so the scale would be deceiving :shrug:

I ate 2 bowls of cereal this morning (no low-carb for me!) - it fills me right up so I'll probably be good til mid-afternoon.

April (and others who have a sweet tooth) - if you cut out refined sugar completely for 3 days straight (and it's hard!), you'll find that your sugar cravings are practically gone after this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom