The Diminishing Divas Thread - First Diet Coke & Bacardi Is On The House! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Can you lose weight by being a vegetarian? I am looking to lose at least 15 lbs by the time May comes. I need ideas!

Old 02-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
It's a bit tasteless but I eat it with onions, brocoli and carrots on top and I like it.

Sometimes I feel like the food rep or something, I think I introduced Sicy to milky bars and April to Jaffa Cakes

Right you are, Laura!

PB in smoothies... I'ma gonna hafta try that, Kris.

I took my mom out to lunch this afternoon and got a grilled chicken with portabella mushrooms and swiss cheese. I cut the sandwich in half when I got it and put the other half in the box *pats self on back* but then my mom and I split a plate of fries.

Old 02-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:30 AM
You still have to try Cadbury's, April!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

You're right!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I love the title of this thread

I don't think you necessarily need to eliminate meat to lose weight. I do think it's very helpful to incorporate more veggies in your diet, though. We eat so much meat - and the portions are wayyy too big. I think the rule is the portion should never be larger than 3oz, which is approximately the size of a deck of cards.

I started going to Curves about 1 year and 3 months ago, and I have lost 10 pounds and 7% of body fat. I actually lost 10 pounds in one year just by exercising 2 or 3 times a week, and have stayed the same for the last 5 months, just recently hitting the median body fat for my age/height. I'm thinking of switching to the gym at work, which is cheaper and has more intensity that I think I now need. But I loved Curves b/c it was only 30 minutes workouts, and I want to go into the gym knowing I will be out asap!!!

Exercise = (usually) best way to lose weight.

They say that after the first three weeks of doing something it has become a habit and you will have no problem continuing it.

Also, someone told me recently exercising is like brushing your teeth, "it's not an option."

Finally, I recently read Oprah and this awesome tidbit: you know how when someone gets addicted to drugs, they need more and more of it for them to reach the same high? It's the exact opposite with exercise. You get more and more out of the same amount of exercise the further you continue it. And it flows over into other areas of your life, releaving stress and (certain types of) depression. Never mind how damn good it makes you feel!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I have heard positive things about Curves. That is great you lost 10 lbs.

I just finished a 1.72 mile walk on the treadmill and burned 279 calories.

Here is to weight lost at a healthy pace! *raises water bottle up to toast you all*
Old 02-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #52
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Can you lose weight by being a vegetarian? I am looking to lose at least 15 lbs by the time May comes. I need ideas!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!

I became a vegetarian at 14 (I'm 30 now). I was an average size then. Within a few years I was a lot bigger and have been on the heavier side since then. Most of the foods I replaced meat with were carbs. I eat tons of fruits and vegetables. There's only a small number of each that I really won't eat. But you can't just eat that. It gets old and you're always hungry if you just eat that. I used to eat pasta just about everyday. I do eat cheese and peanut butter for protein but even that's not enough to keep me from being hungry all the time.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:02 PM   #53
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

PB in smoothies... I'ma gonna hafta try that, Kris.

I like plain nonfat yogurt, half a banana, some sugar free instant coffee (like international cafe french vanilla) and a tablespoon of PB. Also my latest favorite is yogurt and/or milk (soy milk works beautifully as well), a tablespoon of chocolate protein powder, then the PB and banana.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:10 PM   #54
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

I took a very nice walk this afternoon--almost an hour. Maybe 3 or 4 miles. And I got in MOST of The Beekeeper, too!

Join Amnesty.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

If you want to lose weight, you really need to get into power training. A steady regimen of weight lifting will do wonders for you combined with cardio and proper eating habits.

And actually, if you do a lot of lifting, you probably already have a six pack. The problem with a six pack is that even if you have a tiny bit of fat, it will be covered up. And to maintain one like Janet Jackson's is pretty much a full time job. I gave up on that fantasy long ago.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

I'm the same spot you are...I lost 25 pounds so easily a year ago and now I can't seem to lose an ounce.

I lost 25 pounds two years ago on weight watchers, it's a slow process, but it does work.

Unfortunately, that was two years ago. I got bored with weight watchers, stopped going, and have gained all the weight back and then some .

And that is fing depressing

Pass that diet coke with lime!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
I don't know about vegetarianism, but I lost alot of weight during my vegan period, mainly because it eliminates alot of high cal foods.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
If you want to lose weight, you really need to get into power training. A steady regimen of weight lifting will do wonders for you combined with cardio and proper eating habits.

And actually, if you do a lot of lifting, you probably already have a six pack. The problem with a six pack is that even if you have a tiny bit of fat, it will be covered up. And to maintain one like Janet Jackson's is pretty much a full time job. I gave up on that fantasy long ago.
That's very true. I had tried everything in the book but it was only when I started working out at home on a regular basis, doing videos which incorporate strength training that I noticed major visible changes in my body (that I lost when I got sick last summer and I'm trying to get back!). The bonus with muscles is that you lose more calories at rest than you do without - i.e. you burn calories even when you're inactive.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe I should do weight watchers or maybe I shouldn't eat anything anymore.. I used to be such a skinny minny.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
10 years ago I was a size 4. 5 years ago, I was a size 8. 1 year ago I was a size 12. Now, I am a 14.

This is the biggest I have ever been.