The Diminishing Divas Thread - First Diet Coke & Bacardi Is On The House! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2005, 06:40 AM   #31
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Maybe I'll go for a nice bracing walk later. I do have 3 brand-spanking-new CDs to absorb.

Join Amnesty.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:45 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:02 AM
New cd's, what did you get, Pax?

I might go and do that workout dvd my sister has later

Old 02-26-2005, 06:48 AM   #33
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

I got the new (well, not really new anymore, but new to me) Frames CD, Burn the Maps (and Set List as well, because it was on sale at the music store and I didn't have it yet), plus Tori Amos's new one.

Haven't listened to any of them yet, except Burn the Maps, and I fell asleep on it anyway.

Join Amnesty.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:52 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

I just got the arcade fires album, it hasn't come out here yet though and I've been wanting to own a copy for ages. Good choices, I really like Tori Amos.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #35
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

Do you eat Quinoa? It's full of protein and apparently it's very popular with vegetarians, I have it maybe once a week with a plate of veg. It's a nice change, it's quite fluffy like rice and really easy to prepare. I also like seeds like sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I would take a handful every couple of days. I could only find them at a quite expensive price in health food shops but our shop in the Students Union sells them so I brought a few packs home for us, they sell really well actually, there is a real market for those health conscious students. Sorry, I'm rambling

I've never heard of that but then again I don't usually go to the health food stores. There's a few organic places right by where I live. I wonder if they would have that.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 AM   #36
I Serve Larry's Stick

I just had toast with peanut butter and honey for breakfast. I don't deserve to be in the club, do i?

Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead
I don't want to have a target pounds-wise as such because when I work out I do a lot of strength training and muscle weighs more than fat so the scale would be deceiving
I am the same!!! I mostly want to tone up the midsection a bit more I think.

Bowl of granola for breakfast; but that is what I eat every day for breakfast so nothing new....
Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #38
Refugee

By the way, great idea to make this thread April and Iris and everyone else
Old 02-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

Kris, you're the one who told me not to be afraid of peanut butter!

I just bought a jar of the reduced fat stuff, it's SO not the same. *sniffs*

My stomach was growling during the writer's circle, so I'm scarfing down some yogurt before going to lunch with my mom.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I've never heard of that but then again I don't usually go to the health food stores. There's a few organic places right by where I live. I wonder if they would have that.
It's pronounced Keen-wah, I can get the organic kind in the large supermarket here and if you can find it in Northern Ireland I'm sure a large supermarket would probably stock it near where you live, if not the health food shops definately will

Here's a litle blurb about it:

Nutritionally, quinoa might be considered a supergrain--although it is not really a grain, but the seed of a leafy plant that's distantly related to spinach. Quinoa has excellent reserves of protein, and unlike other grains, is not missing the amino aicd lysine, so the protein is more complete (a trait it shares with other "non-true" grains such as buckwheat and amaranth). The World Health Organization has rated the quality of protein in quinoa at least equivalent to that in milk. Quinoa offers more iron than other grains and contains high levels of potassium and riboflavin, as well as other B vitamins: B6, niacin, and thiamin. It is also a good source of magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese, and has some folate (folic acid).

An ancient grainlike product that has recently been "rediscovered" in this country, quinoa has a light, delicate taste, and can be substituted for almost any other grain.

Though quinoa is a recent addition to the North American larder, this crop, native to the Andes, sustained the ancient Incas, and has been cultivated continuously for more than 5,000 years. Quinoa thrives in poor soil, arid climates, and mountainous altitudes. Today, most quinoa is imported from South America, although it is being cultivated on the high slopes of the Colorado Rockies.

Quinoa grains are about the same size as millet, but flattened, with a pointed, oval shape. The color ranges from pale yellow through red and brown to black. Quinoa cooks quickly to a light, fluffy texture. As it cooks, the external germ, which forms a band around each grain, spirals out, forming a tiny crescent-shaped "tail," similar to a bean sprout. Although the grain itself is soft and creamy, the tail is crunchy, providing a unique texture to complement quinoa's delicate flavor.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I suck. I slept in again this morning.

I had breakfast though. 2 Eggs, one mug of Green Hot Tea, one slice of multi-grain toast with a little bit of strawberry jelly.

I also took a vitamin. I will do my walk later on today. That I do promise.

Laura, I will have to look for Quinoa it looks interesting.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

It's a bit tasteless but I eat it with onions, brocoli and carrots on top and I like it.

Sometimes I feel like the food rep or something, I think I introduced Sicy to milky bars and April to Jaffa Cakes
Old 02-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #43
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Kris, you're the one who told me not to be afraid of peanut butter!

I just bought a jar of the reduced fat stuff, it's SO not the same. *sniffs*

My stomach was growling during the writer's circle, so I'm scarfing down some yogurt before going to lunch with my mom.
Yes, it's true--you should not be afraid of peanut butter!!! But I just had two big pieces with lots of honey. PB's better in small quantities (like a tablespoon--I love to throw it in smoothies). I need to learn how to reduce my portion sizes, that's all.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Peanut Butter .
Old 02-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #45
Refugee

Rice and chicken with vegetables

but with white creamy sauce

I think I am eating out of sheer boredom for not wanting to do this paper. I almost ate the whole thing but luckily have just gained control, stopped myself, and am putting the rest away