The Diminishing Divas Thread - First Diet Coke & Bacardi Is On The House! - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #196
War Child

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

I don't think any of us here are aspiriting anorexics....we just desire to be motivated to exercise, something anyone should do regardless of size, and eat in a way that is healthy and nourishing. Even plus-size models need to be toned....
I just want to be healthy and active. It's hard to do that if you're carrying too much extra weight around.

I do think Ewen has a point, though. We don't need to be a size 6 to be happy.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Hey, if your're healthy at a size 12 then rock it....I just know for myself personally I'm not totally healthy because of the patterns that I've fallen into.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #198
Blue Crack Distributor

I think a lot of it goes deeper than just wanting to lose a few dress sizes. I blame 1/2 - ok, all - of my horrible self-esteem on my weight, and it's something I'd love to get rid of. I say I feel huge, but I know that I'm not, not by any stretches of the imagination, but it's what I see in my head that's the problem. I do have health issues in my family that are motivating me to lose, so there is something more in it for me than liking what I see when I look in the mirror.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

I know you aren't huge or even big but at the same time you personally see room for some improvement...not a whole new person, just you but better. You healthier and stronger. (I've seen a pic of you and you are very beautiful though--don't forget that!!)

Personally for me... I have been in excellent shape previously. I was a national competitor in sport karate. I can remember how it felt to be energetic instead of sluggish and having your body feel strong rather than tired and weak. So I know where I am at now needs to be improved and I feel good about myself by doing this...I'm doing it for the right reasons--myself.

And on that note, I want to say thank you girls. Because I have 'accountability partners' of sorts....Last night I totally did not want to work out, I was all about vegging....but I got off my duff and did work out and I felt alot better mentally and physically afterwards because of it.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #200
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I think that's the best thing about this thread, really. The fact that we're all helping to keep eyes on each other means we can keep each other positive and healthy, and start yelling at each other if we're not actually eating enough or something.

That said, I hope you all know that your beauty goes WAY beyond your pants size. And I think that's what Ewen was trying to remind us of in the other thread.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I will say it again. I am 30 and do not have the body as I was in my early 20s. I have more curves and from several of my male friends off of this board I have been told nice things about my current body. I personally want to lose weight because I do not like my clothes fitting tight around me anymore and I also want to develop better eating habits.

I do have to admit. I do not want my breast size to go down any. I love my breast size! I am not kidding.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:07 AM   #202
Refugee

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Wow, clearly I should've wandered in here sooner!

I am going through my weight thing too...I've lost 5 pounds on the Weight Watchers point system and I feel good about myself. However, something tells me that my positive feelings are more to do with the fact that I'm working out--I have done something about my unhappiness and admitted that I have a problem.

I am an emotional eater and I have to stop equating feelings with food. So far, it seems to be working out fine. I have replaced my junk food with fruits and veggies and I have learned to say "No" to people who offer me food and I'm not hungry. But it is on a day to day basis and I'm happy that I'm not starving myself to achieve my weight loss goal.

A big to all my beautiful ladies. I don't know why as women we impose impossible standards of beauty on ourselves. Our mothers were and are beautiful without the Maybelline. Why do we feel like we need it?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:29 AM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

Well said, angel.

I just cracked open my first sugar free red bull in almost a week. I plan on having more nuts later for a snack.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Sugar Free Red Bull
Old 03-04-2005, 04:21 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

(shuffles off to do some weight lifting)

Old 03-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Well I went to the mall today. I tried on clothing at Lane Bryant to see what I can wear there. I can wear the size 14 pants and skirts with ease but the tops are too big for me.

My pants that I am wearing now are baggy as hell but the waist (where the excess fat is) is tight and making it hard for me to feel comfortable. And because of that I want to lose the weight.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

Yesterday I walked to the store right down the block from me, because it was such a nice day out. Today when i go over to my mom's I'm taking Nikki for a walk.

I just had a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #208
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 AM
I went to my weight watchers meeting yesterday and I had gained .6 pounds
Old 03-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

I just made some chicken stir fry for dinner.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #210
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I ate like a pig today

I'm going to the store after work tomorrow and I'm going to make a huge stir fry for the week.