The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone awakens to the sound of Peruvian battle pipes, a sure sign of the carnage to come.

And the Battle for the Midwest has begun. On one side, you have THE CONDUCTOR, Bromden, Shaft, and various black mutants vs. The Alien Rapist and his vile rapist companions.

Amanda Palmer tries to sing over the events, but one of the black mutants thankfully rips out her vocal chords.

The heroes and rapists battle for hours, reaching a virtual stalemate. As it turns out, The Alien Rapist's Geisha concubine was actually an Asian Goddess... in disguise! She then turns to the Alien Rapist, tells him he creeps the fuck out, and wishes him to return to the vile raping place from whence he came. With THE CONDUCTOR's Amtrak Sword, she plunges it into the Heart/Penis of the Alien Rapist, leaving him bloodied in rapist goo in the small town of Omaha, Nebraska.

On his dying breath, the Alien Rapist comes to the basement of a young boy playing in the rain, crying... leaving TEARS IN THE RAIN. He tells him the story of his raping travels, hoping one day that he will live to tell the tale of his deeds to the people of Earth. A message. A murmur of hope.

While this happens, the producers of Blade Runner sue the boy and Alien Rapist for copyright infringement.

When he grows up, learning all he needs to know in the world, The young boy becomes the pastor of the Alien Rapist's old place of worship, teaching the remnants of the Alien Rapist's disciples how to live, love, and see the good in everyone and everything. He also rebuilds The Alien Rapist's old spaceship, hoping to depart for The Alien Rapist's homeworld of Lynchtopia.

After years of work, The Young Boy, along with his female companion, Kate Bush, launched the repaired spaceship on a mission to find The Alien Rapist's homeworld. To find love. To find justice. To find understanding. And most importantly, chill with some pretty goofy-looking alien rapists.

It's like they say, in space, no one can hear a rapist scream.

THE END.

So final thoughts:

Most of the songs were wanky as shit after the first 4-5 tracks, and even though different genres of music were being represented, I never felt like they felt right together. Again, it's personal opinion... I actually liked the songs more than I thought I would, so that's good, but when you have low expectations, you tend to get surprised.

Overall, I would say:

Song Enjoyment: C/C+
Flow n' Shit: B/B+
Diversity: B/B+
Concept: A++++++++

But since concepts don't matter, I won't count that.

It's about a C+/B- for me, but I had a good time listening to it, and if Screw's proud of it, then that's cool, too.

Okay, just started Atomic Bono's list...

Dropkick Murphys, what an awesome opening! :dance: I love these Irish drinking/dancing songs!

Rage Testify was pretty fucking kick ass!!! UNNNNGGGHHHHH!!!!!! :rockon:

Last Night On Earth... that intro = :combust:

Excellent rocking trio!

Dungeon Family... rap here... pretty danceable :dance:

I only know like 5% of this list :lol: so I'm looking forward to rocking the fuck out to it.. cos I know how AB likes to rock the fuck out! :wink:

This Brazilian Girls song is cool. Love that bass in the background!

And now Paper Planes... I've never heard this before but people seem to rave about it.

ETA: Oh wait I've heard this before!!

That Paper Planes song was really cool! bang bang bang bang (not to be confused with warm gun bang bang shoot shoot)

This Thrice song is okay... it definitely rocks!

Ahh Arcade Fire Tunnels... love it! I really need to give this album another chance! I keep saying this because I prefer Neon Bible by a lot but most people seem to prefer Funeral. :hmm:

Explosions... always so mellow and calming to listen to!

These arms are snakes... didn't really do anything for me. :slant:

Perfect Kiss... starts good.

And it ended well. I didn't like the middle part much. :lol: :reject:

The Stills was really cool... reminded me a bit of Snow Patrol or something.. somewhat U2 influenced?

Lupe Fiasco.. I liked it. :up:

Decemberists... not bad

Honorary title was actually pretty cool too.

Yeah overall I'm liking it so far!

Coheed & Cambria didn't do much for me though. Musically it was okay but I didn't like the vocals.

Foo's My Hero is awesome! :love:

Norma Jean :yikes: This hardcore metal is not for me! I go as far as Metallica or Megadeth or Maiden or Priest but even something like Slayer is too much for me! :lol: And this album cover is... interesting. lol.

i love that coheed song musically. the vocals aren't my style but the guitar is so awesome I don't really care...it fits the song

yeah there's a couple more screaming heavy stuff you probably won't like, but if you've liked most of the list so far you'll probably like a lot of the rest

Alright, I think it's time for me to finish Pfan's list.

Sonic Youth didn't really stick in my mind. :reject:

We are Scientists was better! :up:

Okay I need to go to bed early tonight so I'm gonna have to listen to the rest tomorrow! Looks like I'm about halfway done.

man i need to get crackin on these

i was way into it but then it kinda died down and school started and I got all busy suddenly

but I'll be in the car for like 20+ hours this weekend so I'll have time to listen to a few :wink:

I left off at Gorillaz - El Mañana. Which I thought I fixed, but still doesn't want to work. I hate my iPod. Son of a bitch. Plays just fine from my iPod in iTunes. And it's a great song, follows Edge well. I'm just gonna stop fretting about it and move onto Always Forever Now.

Passengers - very nice. I love Passnegers and I love this song and from what I remember of Saturday night, it goes well after Gorillaz.

Sorry about this hiccup, Pfan. Doesn't seem fair or right.

Willing - Ours: Picks up where Passengers left off. I could get into these guys. Foot-tapping's back.

Rejoice! - U2: Nowai. I mean, I knew it was on here. I dunno, I'm just happy it is. Like moment of brilliance, best song ever to follow Willing.

...OK, I'll stop babbling now.

So Divided - Trail of Dead: Foot-tapper. transition from Rejoice made me go :huh: a bit. Good song though.

Pigs (Three Different Ones) - Pink Floyd: Well, it's The Floyd. No band I'd rather spend 11 minutes with.

That sounds so wrong.

But anyway, i like how it followed So Divided and kept up the same kind of vibe. Same sort of sound without being redundant.

Last edited:
Death On Two Legs - Queen: Started out sounding like the soundtrack to a silent movie.

:laugh: OK, two things. And it has nothing to do with the song selection, it's just the song itself. 1. I've never heard Freddie curse before, and it's fucking hilarious. 2. The harmonious "Feel Good" reminded me of "Feel Good, Inc." by Gorillaz.

I like Queen following Pink Floyd. They just seem to go together.

Even Flow - Pearl Jam: I have this one on my DI list. Awesome. Great minds, eh? I like how it follows Queen. You are like, Flowmaster Pfan. Love this song.

And now I get David Caruso on the cover. Who Are You? - The Who

All I have to say: :rockon:

Same goes for The Bravery.

Never - Moving Pictures. First off, I'm glad I'm not the only Interlander with the Footloose soundtrack. Second, Bravery has that kinf of Neo-New Wave sound and this is actual new wave.

I'm starting to doubt some of my transitions now. :uhoh: Are you going to be a record producer when you grow up, Pfan? Will you, please? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom