The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
impy's current list is admittedly not as great as his other lists, but I still had a great time listening to it and it was well-constructed, per usual. I wish broke a little more from the indietastic mold, but what we got was good stuff, so I'm not complaining there.

I'd give it a solid B+/A- in terms of song enjoyment, list construction, and having the best title and cover ever.

YLB, I'm curious to see what you think of Lance's list. It looks kickass on paper.

I have a feeling that I'll get a big kick out of it. His DI2 list was probably one of my favorite lists out of any competition. It looks to be a good mix of that sort of style mixed in with some of his newer tastes, which is always cool. Plus, he ends it all with motherfucking PAPER PLANES. AB gets so much credit for using that song, too, oh my God.

I almost put that on my list, too.

I've got every list uploaded to iTunes, I just need to organize them into lists or wait to download unprotected files.

I may go into Screw's tonight for kicks and giggles. Don't know whether or not I'll do a running diary for it though... the embers are still burning from last night.

Screw's list is an easy listen. The Murmurs Of Earth tracks are hilarious, and most of the other tracks are listenable. It's just a mess is all.

Alright, so the Disco Star Trek tune is awesome because I love Star Trek and laughing.

So the Voyager concept was used in the films Starman and Star Trek: The Motion Picture so far.

Alright, I absolutely love "Zooropa," so it's good to see it on here. So the alien rapist is escaping his overloaded planet for Earth?

Alright, so "Zooropa" to "On the Run" sounded pretty nice.

The alien rapist is actually leaving on his spaceship, outrunning Chris Hansen by about 0.5 parsecs.

Now the alien rapist is laughing, for he has blown up Hansen's captured Klingon vessel.

"Square One" is one of the only tracks I like off of X&Y and it was cool after "On the Run." So song/flow-wise, we're in really good shape so far.

Alright, so now the alien rapist has crash-landed straight to Earth, enchanted by the sounds of the derivative British pop band, Coldplay. In an effort to fit in, the alien rapist has taken the form of its lead singer, Chris Martin:

_41338232_chris_martin416ap.jpg

(Pictured: Alien Rapist)

After seeing Alien Rapist Chris Martin trying to alienrape fans at a Coldplay concert in the Midwest, the UN has decided to take action. They are discussing in different languages, all of them being the most vulgar insults in their native tongues. The only animal that can speak to the Alien Rapist, is that of the humpback whale, virtually extinct in the 21st century, so thank God Canada has a few up by Greenland.

Also, humpback whales/whale song was a key plot point to Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

2612776024_342657346c.jpg

"Captain, there be whales here!"

(Pictured left to right: Scotty, Alien Rapist's best buddy Steve, Dr. McCoy)

Oh, and the whale song/UN thing was ridiculous.

"Soon" is actually a cool track though.

The people of Canada have embraced the Alien Rapist as one of their own, since 67% of their population is apparently comprised of actual rapists, so there's a natural kinship there. Why, you ask? It's all apart of Canada's plot to use the Alien Rapist to re-direct the Sun to hit Canada more, and not make it cold as shit 365 days of the year.

The Alien Rapist, now having conquered Canada, sets his sights on Japan. Like a pied piper of rapists, he plays his Japanese fiddle to his heart's content, leading the rapists of Japan onto the backs of his companions, the Humpback whales, to further control the other rape-friendly areas of the world.

Now on the Hollies track... kind of cool.

While in Japan, The Alien Rapist does something he's never done before. No, it's not stopping his raping ways, he still does that quite often. But while he's raping a Geisha girl, he falls in love with her. Obviously, she is hesitant to reciprocate those feelings to the Alien Rapist, but it doesn't matter. She is his Geisha in disguise... with wings.

I'd just like to point out that Men’s House Song is about alien rapist building a brother/chapel in order to house his disciples in the religion of international rapists that he creates. Alien rapist is an atheist, however, which is conflicting. So, to remedy this, the god they worship is a great golden whale statue, long washed away with the great city of Atlantis, which he sets out to recover around track 15 or so.

Or at least that's my interpretation.

The Alien Rapist and his loyal raping followers voyage to Zaire, where they meet a group of Pygmy girls undergoing their tribal initiation. Now with a firm grasp of the English language, The Alien Rapist only knows those Pygmies by one name, Fresh Meat.

I'd just like to point out that Men’s House Song is about alien rapist building a brother/chapel in order to house his disciples in the religion of international rapists that he creates. Alien rapist is an atheist, however, so the god they worship is a great golden whale statue, long washed away with the great city of Atlantis, which he sets out to recover around track 15 or so.

Or at least that's my interpretation.

The International Thespian Society of Rapists, actually. His protege, Donovan, knows all there is to know about the lost city of Atlantis.

Alright, while The Alien Rapist was in Africa, he ran into a strong black private detective who sees past his raping ways... this man goes by the name of John Shaft. Shaft, in control of Parliament's mothership, begins battling The Alien Rapist in the air, who know goes in and out of Chakras. I have no idea what this means, but if there's anything Alien Rapists hate, it's black men.

Sadly, the Alien Rapist's Chakra proved to be too much for Shaft and the Mothership, forcing them to crash down on the shores of Papua New Guinea, right on top of the Rapist Worshipping Center that El-Mel alluded to earlier.

The Alien Rapist returns to America, enlisting the help of Scientologists to conquer our great nation from West to East. In his travels, he meets Chief Bromden, who immediately fucks his shit up with a vicious backhand to his rapist-smirking face.

will_cuckoo2opt.jpg

Sadly, the Alien Rapist's Chakra proved to be too much for Shaft and the Mothership, forcing them to crash down on the shores of Papua New Guinea, right on top of the Rapist Worshipping Center that El-Mel alluded to earlier.

The Scientologists that the International Thespian Society of Rapists have been rivals with for so long went out of their way to help them rebuild the center, but managed to force a mindmeld upon Alien Rapist's followers using Navajo chants. Many were lost, and Alien Rapist had to fend for himself that cold, dreary night.

EDIT: Shit, too slow.

If I haven't commented on a song, it's because they're not that good, at least to me.

"Birdy's Flight," however, documents the vicious beating The Alien Rapist has at the hands of Chief Bromden. Whacking him east, whacking him west, whacking him right over the cuckoo's nest, which leads him on the run towards the Midwest again. His one safe haven.

Meanwhile, across the Pacific, the stirring sound of The Devil Bird has awakened THE CONDUCTOR, Australia's own train-based superhero. In his native Australian tongue, he gathers his forces to do battle against The Alien Rapist, including his black mutant friends and other various low-level superheroes.

And everyone falls asleep during the Sigur Ros song. I actually really like this band, but this is one of the reasons why I think Von is their weakest effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom