The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ween need to stop thinking they're clever. Though this is a bit less obnoxious than some of their other material.

But at least the track didn't feel out of place or anything.

I think everybody has so far.

But maybe I spoke to soon.

Nah, it's not bad. I've found Suede are hit and miss, and this is hitting more than it's missing.

All four songs so far work together quite well.

Nah, it's not bad. I've found Suede are hit and miss, and this is hitting more than it's missing.

All four songs so far work together quite well.

Good to hear. You can hear the Bowie-isms in this song, so it's pretty obvious why I'm crazy about it.

yeah, everything's working well together. though i do not like kool thing :yuck:

It'd be much better without the shitty lyrics. The music isn't bad. But then again, it is Sonic Youth, another one of those over-rated hipster bands.

You've done a great job sequencing this so far, LM. Everything fits together very strongly.

Elastica's bringing the feminine mystique.

Not a bad track either.

You've done a great job sequencing this so far, LM. Everything fits together very strongly.

Thank you. When the variety gets more noticeable later on, things start to get a little weaker on the sequencing front. However, the most creative segue evar is in the middle. I'll point it out when we get there. LMP even commented on it out of context to Screw a week or so ago.

Ugh. Worst. Muse song. Ever.

Also the only BHAR song that continues to suck live. Invincible, for example, is pretty shit on the album but was a highlight of the concert I saw.

Ugh. Worst. Muse song. Ever.

Also the only BHAR song that continues to suck live. Invincible, for example, is pretty shit on the album but was a highlight of the concert I saw.

Ha, I love the slick funkiness of this track. The lyrics aren't embarrassingly pretentious like they usually are and the vocal harmonies are strong.

Invincible is so terrible I couldn't imagine myself liking it in any context.

Preparing you all: the segue into Blackest Eyes isn't fantastic. However, Blackest Eyes does a great job of leading into the darker middle portion, so it's worth it.

Ha, I love the slick funkiness of this track. The lyrics aren't embarrassingly pretentious like they usually are and the vocal harmonies are strong.

Invincible is so terrible I couldn't imagine myself liking it in any context.

I can't stand the vocals or the slickness. It is a genuinely catchy song, I won't deny that, but that doesn't make it any good.

And the transition to Blackest Eyes was easily the weakest of the lot thus far. But it's MOTHERFUCKIN' BLACKEST EYES.

I've got wiring loose inside my head
I've got books that I've never ever read
I've got secrets in my garden shed
I've got a scar where all my urges bled
I've got people underneath my bed
I've got a place where all my dreams are dead
SWIM WITH ME INTO YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN' BLACKEST EYES, BITCH.

Oh god, this rules so much live. Especially when the audience drowns out SW during the chorus.

I love Suture Up Your Future so very, very much.

And the segue is perfect, if I do say so myself.

Interesting transition to the QOTSA track, and it feels like the tone of the tracklist is now starting to change.

Interesting transition to the QOTSA track, and it feels like the tone of the tracklist is now starting to change.

It does. Things go nearly acoustic over the following two tracks, only to kick right back in at a more catchy, less rocking clip.

It does. Things go nearly acoustic over the following two tracks, only to kick right back in at a more catchy, less rocking clip.

Good work on cohesively changing the tone. Blur's not bad, but I've never been that taken by the songs I've heard.

I've never heard Tom Waits before, just seen people praise him to the heavens.

And it's official: anybody who listens to this is in no position to criticise death vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom