The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so fucking immature....posting the Shaft lyrics in that thread cracked my shit up.....I make me laugh. :shrug:
That whole thread needs to be revisited one of these times. It was just an explosion of everything we'd been muttering to ourselves all at once.
Don't you wish your QB had the chance to have a horrible playoff game.
Oh, but he did:

sb39-p.jpg

He hasn't been good in four years.

The Spielberg thread reminded me, I think it'd be cool to do the Interference's Favorite Movies/Actors/Actresses/Directors again and see how it stacks up to last year's lists. That'd be interesting to see.

I would love for you to do that again, because, try as I might, I can NOT find the results from last time.

And, PFan, the man has been sacked 439 times in his career. You want to say you think he's overrated, well, I disagree but you're not alone with that....but let's not get crazy and start coming up with excuses for his longevity...the man has taken his share of hits, trust me.

Even his sacks, like all his other stats, are going to be high. He's a volume guy, that's just the nature of someone who's played so long. Like I said, he's a tough guy and, yes, he has taken plenty of hits, but, I personally think, especially in more recent years, he's been willing to make ill-advised throws when heavily rushed.

The problem with that contest is the same problem with IMDB's lists....too many fucking idiots wander in and vote.

Indeed... or they don't post enough movies, count any film series as one film or something. Basement Jesus did that multiple times.

Even his sacks, like all his other stats, are going to be high. He's a volume guy, that's just the nature of someone who's played so long. Like I said, he's a tough guy and, yes, he has taken plenty of hits, but, I personally think, especially in more recent years, he's been willing to make ill-advised throws when heavily rushed.

Yes, but he could not be a volume guy unless he was one tough bastard. I do not disagree with the ill-advised passes, but you called his longevity into question, and that's just off-base.

Leon made the top 50 films list?! I finally saw that movie about a month ago...can't say I would rank it that high

Yes, but he could not be a volume guy unless he was one tough bastard. I do not disagree with the ill-advised passes, but you called his longevity into question, and that's just off-base.

He's absolutely a tough bastard, and, until this summer, I really hadn't seen him do anything worthy of scorn. He's a very likable guy. I respect the hell out of him.

I don't think it made much difference in his longevity. His toughness is what made the difference, in the end.

The Giants and Browns racked up 71 points in a fucking preseason game tonight. Giants were up 30-3 in the second quarter, but the Browns ended up losing 37-34 after a huge comeback. It was insane.

Oh, and David Carr wasn't sacked 16 times. It's a miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom