The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 3 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nittany Lions will give his vase of ashes a contract extension.

ESPN prays the same happens with Favre.
I have a buddy fully convinced that the Madden Curse is going to kill Brett Favre.
greatest hits - they're hits for a reason. I think if a list is entirely greatest hits that's unimaginative, but I don't see a problem with putting some on there, as long as they're songs YOU like.

as for experiences...I'm experiencing your concept :wink:
Well, Frank ... looks like these greatest hits ... just got greater.

So does CBS now that he's in the AFC. Jets ratings just became interesting.

Until now, it was a wonder to me how the Jets even had fans. The Giants have been consistently better since Namath in the late 60's.

I still don't think this will be a great year for Favre. He had little in the way of an offseason, his practice time was minimal compared to last year, his receivers are worse than in Green Bay, and his team in general is worse than Green Bay.

He's still undisputed for me, but I've definitely begun to be able to pick out more directors, and clearly be able to say why I like them and such. For a long time he was the only one I could do that with because I didn't branch out as much as I'd have liked.

That's cool. I really need to re-watch a lot of his films and see how I feel about them now and stuff.

He's still undisputed for me, but I've definitely begun to be able to pick out more directors, and clearly be able to say why I like them and such. For a long time he was the only one I could do that with because I didn't branch out as much as I'd have liked.

Despite all the crap Lancarus gives Spielberg, he's still top ten for me. Scorcese is my favorite, with Mallick, Kubrick and Allen floating in the top 10 as well....Mann, too, methinks....Nolan is climbing......

I'd join the beer pong game.

I have buddies playing beer pong tonight, but I was out all night last night and will be tomorrow for the MOTHERFUCKING SPRINGSTEEN CONCERT, so I took the night off.

I've actually never played beer pong, because I'm not a big fan of beer. Now, if there was a such thing as, Scotch pong, or Jack Daniels Pong, Vodka with Mountain Dew pong... :lol:

Until now, it was a wonder to me how the Jets even had fans. The Giants have been consistently better since Namath in the late 60's.

I still don't think this will be a great year for Favre. He had little in the way of an offseason, his practice time was minimal compared to last year, his receivers are worse than in Green Bay, and his team in general is worse than Green Bay.

Honestly, I don't think that he's going to be all that great, either, but, it still gives people a reason to watch the Jets until at least the 1/2 way point.

And, people stay loyal in NYC to their teams, and it gets passed down...Mets really really sucked for ages, but there will still lots of Met fans....etc. 2 team towns are always interesting, just rare for a city to have two in every sport.

Despite all the crap Lancarus gives Spielberg, he's still top ten for me. Scorcese is my favorite, with Mallick, Kubrick and Allen floating in the top 10 as well....Mann, too, methinks....Nolan is climbing......

Lance loves Spielberg, although it's great that you refer to them as one entity.

My 10:

Spielberg
Scorsese
Woody
Kubrick
PT Anderson
Wes Anderson
Hitchcock
Tarantino
Coens
Fincher or Nolan... can't decide.

I could see Robert Altman sneaking in there after I see more of his films. The Player and Short Cuts were so fucking good.

I've actually never played beer pong, because I'm not a big fan of beer. Now, if there was a such thing as, Scotch pong, or Jack Daniels Pong, Vodka with Mountain Dew pong... :lol:

I'm not a big beer fan, either, the taste doesn't appeal to me, for the most part.

Coke is the greatest drink ever invented, in my opinion. Aside from Bailey's, of course.

Lance loves Spielberg though, although it's great that you refer to them as one entity.

My 10:

Spielberg
Scorsese
Woody
Kubrick
PT Anderson
Wes Anderson
Hitchcock
Tarantino
Coens
Fincher

I could see Robert Altman sneaking in there after I see more of his films. The Player and Short Cuts were so fucking good.

That pretty much is impossible for me to argue with. I like them all. Fincher is rising, cannot wait for Benjamin Button.......

I thought that Lance was anti-Spielberg......maybe I just lumped him with his Dad cos his Dad is very vocal about it....

Nolan is climbing for sure. I absolutely loved The Prestige and over time the Batmans have grown on me. I still haven't seen Memento or Insomnia but they are high on my list of films to see (even though my Aesthetics professor HATES Memento, honestly that just made me want to see it more, since i hated all of his favorite films he showed in class)

I'm not a big beer fan, either, the taste doesn't appeal to me, for the most part.

Coke is the greatest drink ever invented, in my opinion. Aside from Bailey's, of course.

Creamy... nice creamy beige.

Did I tell you that I have named my car The Funk?

Nolan is climbing for sure. I absolutely loved The Prestige and over time the Batmans have grown on me. I still haven't seen Memento or Insomnia but they are high on my list of films to see (even though my Aesthetics professor HATES Memento, honestly that just made me want to see it more, since i hated all of his favorite films he showed in class)

I liked Memento but really liked Insomnia. The man just has not taken a misstep yet, and it's impressive. And he's my age.

That pretty much is impossible for me to argue with. I like them all. Fincher is rising, cannot wait for Benjamin Button.......

I thought that Lance was anti-Spielberg......maybe I just lumped him with his Dad cos his Dad is very vocal about it....

Benjamin Button is going to own everything; I cannot see that disappointing me in any way. Zodiac may have very well been his best work to date. I really need to give The Game and Panic Room some re-watches before Button comes out.

The Father's rancorous comments came out of the Son's Spielberg appreciation thread. I need to go into Mini-HISTORIAN mode and dig that shit up.

I was so hoping he'd go to the Vikings. that would have been EPIC

I was rooting against that, because then the Redskins would have another great team to contend with in the NFC. As it is, the Vikes are OK, but limited.

However, the picture of literally everyone in Green Bay crying themselves to sleep over that almost made me reconsider.

never had bailey's!

coke and JD is a good combination

as for my favourite drink ever? hmm. perhaps mountain dew code red. and I've been a big Pepsi fan lately. used to be more into Coke. alcohol wise, amaretto is delish

re: Nolan. I need to see Memento. The Prestige was awesome, and of course the Batmans are amazing.

Benjamin Button is going to own everything; I cannot see that disappointing me in any way. Zodiac may have very well been his best work to date. I really need to give The Game and Panic Room some re-watches before Button comes out.

The Father's rancorous comments came out of the Son's Spielberg appreciation thread. I need to go into Mini-HISTORIAN mode and dig that shit up.

I think I made mention to you once that my first interactions with Laz were in that thread, and were not at all....friendly. :) He grew on me.

"Tell me what is good about Lazarus".

I think I made mention to you once that my first interactions with Laz were in that thread, and were not at all....friendly. :) He grew on me.

"Tell me what is good about Lazarus".

I think this is time to quote the Theme from Shaft again.

In a billion years, the Pack would not have let that shit go down. Can't blame them, really.

oh, I know. but the Vikes need a good QB, so badly. and Jackson just got an injured knee :doh:

i'm a Colts fan first and foremost but my family are Vikings fans, so they're second on my list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom