The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first song flows perfectly into Viva La Vida.

VLV is a song that I love but, admittedly, I've kinda worn it out since the album came out and I'm starting to get sick of it. I can sing every word in my sleep.

Yeah, I listened to that Jeremy Enigk song by accident like a week ago, and said to myself, I said, "Fuck me if that wouldn't segue right into Viva la Vida!" and so I put it at the front of my playlist I'd been working on (which was led of by our very own VLV) and it fucking worked, dinnit?

Glancing at your list, I think that around 14 or 15 of your 32 artists are artists I've never heard of. So this should be interesting. One of those artists is Gosling, and I'm on that track now.

They were my favourite band until they broke up when V2 (the record company The White Stripes and Stereophonics were on) dissolved.

Cool. Keep me posted; I'll be around. I have some album downloading to do. :shifty:
Well you certainly weren't lying when you said it was noisy! I'm glad my downstairs neighbours moved out, or else I'd be worrying about disturbing them.

But I like it. I don't think there are enough heavy rock fans on this site :drool:

Currently on The Drowners and liking it :up:

Well you certainly weren't lying when you said it was noisy! I'm glad my downstairs neighbours moved out, or else I'd be worrying about disturbing them.

But I like it. I don't think there are enough heavy rock fans on this site :drool:

Currently on The Drowners and liking it :up:

As Tourist pointed out earlier, it does calm down a bit towards the halfway mark, but you have a ways to go yet. :wink:

Oh man, I love Suede, and basically anyone who claims Bowie as a main influence.

As Tourist pointed out earlier, it does calm down a bit towards the halfway mark, but you have a ways to go yet. :wink:

Oh man, I love Suede, and basically anyone who claims Bowie as a main influence.

The Suede track was fucking brilliant, btw. I'd never heard them before.

The Suede track was fucking brilliant, btw. I'd never heard them before.

The debut album that song is from is much heavier than its sequel Dog Man Star, which is more like depressing, strung-out prog compared to the glammy metal of the other, but they're both really strong.

I like Albert Hammond Jr.'s solo work but I wish he'd stop fucking around so the Strokes can get back together and make that 4th album.

Actually, you can blame the lack of 4th Strokes albums on Julian. Hammond just does this in the downtime.

Yeah, when she gets into a phase where she goes around singing it a lot, I usually tell her she's grounded :giggle: My family is backwards.

Also :up: for Elastica. I always forget that that song exists, but I really like it. Rock needs more awesome female vocalists.

Haha...screaming SABOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE is quite therapeutic.

Yeah, that Elastica record is really good. Too bad they only made two.

That's really hard for me to say. They all have their things. George and John were better songwriters. Paul was a better musician. So fucking hard.

I like Paul's solo work most of all, but compared to John and George, I think his work with the Beatles is lacking a bit, and that's what matters most to me.

Ram is the shit though. I can't deny this.

Thanks to Julian being generally rich and unmotivated.

Well, yeah but they were always rich.

I know Julian got married a little bit before the last album came out. Maybe he's just settling down. Tryin to start a family maybe?

By the way, Julian is one of my favorite frontmen of all-time. The Strokes don't get talked about nearly enough on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom