The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread Pt 2 (NO LINKS!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the second list. Overall it has a really nice flow, and certainly fits the concept, although I think that personally, I liked the first list better. I'm certainly gonna have to give this second list another listen though, as I'd like to catch more of the lyrics.

I was gonna listen to the tourist's yesterday, but then I discovered Beach Clips :wink: I might start listening to it today at work, though I won't be able to do it all in one sitting.

the tourist
ElMel
bono_212
GAF

is my queue.

it will happen.

Actually, I agree. Or, have an "American League" and a "National League" like baseball. And the top 4 from each league advance to the playoffs. That way we could expand without having to cut the times, and without having to listen to too many lists. In fact, if there were 24 contestants and 6 advanced, we'd actually be listening to less than we currently do, though with the option to listen to more if we wanted to.

That's a terrific idea. I'd like to be fair for everyone without abandoning the tournament format outright, you know? I still liked the single-elimination format, but the new one's okay, too.

It was huge back in the day, as far as I remember, though I don't remember anything it's specifically been on, other than the radio.

It was on the Batman Forever soundtrack, if I remember correctly.

Finished the second list. Overall it has a really nice flow, and certainly fits the concept, although I think that personally, I liked the first list better. I'm certainly gonna have to give this second list another listen though, as I'd like to catch more of the lyrics.

Cool. I'm not sure how many people will like both equally, probably no one. :lol: But yeah, I encourage a second listen to that disc so you can pick out the little details. I hope I did my best with the paragraph so that it was somewhat detailed, but not pretentious.

Tourist, gonna give your list a listen to night, as soon as I can pry myself away from the PSP for more than 5 minutes

That's a terrific idea. I'd like to be fair for everyone without abandoning the tournament format outright, you know? I still liked the single-elimination format, but the new one's okay, too.

It was on the Batman Forever soundtrack, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the props to the idea. We should relay it to Phanan. And the Mazzy Star song from Batman Forever was called "Tell Me Now." It was the first I'd heard by them.

Thanks for the props to the idea. We should relay it to Phanan. And the Mazzy Star song from Batman Forever was called "Tell Me Now." It was the first I'd heard by them.

Yeah, go for it. If anything could be done to quell shit for the length change or make it a more fun experience, I'm all for it.

Oh, okay. There's 2 songs I know by them now.

Listening to Minus the Bear now :drool: I love this song (though it does get all crown for awhile.) So glad I sneaked into a 21+ venue to see them :wink:

So far I'd say the list has nearly perfect flow and a very clear mood. Unfortunately this makes it all kinda sound the same, but there are enough stand out tracks that it mostly works. I love the Harrison one, My Colours, and this one.

Hey, I'm here GAF....damn, I fell asleep because of an awful headache I was having, and now I am just now waking up :crack:. Glad I'm off tomorrow.

I'm definitely liking the second part of this list more :up: (on track 22). the stuff after Albert Hammond Jr kinda blurred together for me, until Airbag. Then U2 and everything onward has been awesome

I'm definitely liking the second part of this list more :up: (on track 22). the stuff after Albert Hammond Jr kinda blurred together for me, until Airbag. Then U2 and everything onward has been awesome

Cool--I'm glad you liked it. Part of it is really supposed to blur together as it's dreams. :wink: So I guess I did it right. Hahaha.

So the Meatloaf song was a WTF moment.

The Meat Loaf song is on there for a reason. I wanted to put songs I love on the list, and not try to do something that I'm not, like I did last time. So I picked what I hoped would be the most extreme song by him, but what also happened to be one of my favorite songs by him, as sort of a part of all that. I almost didn't do it, as I realized how much people would hate the song, but at the same time, it felt wrong to myself to leave it off.

:lmao: Damn you Meat Loaf

The Meat Loaf song is on there for a reason. I wanted to put songs I love on the list, and not try to do something that I'm not, like I did last time. So I picked what I hoped would be the most extreme song by him, but what also happened to be one of my favorite songs by him, as sort of a part of all that. I almost didn't do it, as I realized how much people would hate the song, but at the same time, it felt wrong to myself to leave it off.

:lmao: Damn you Meat Loaf

:lmao: Him and the original Celine Dion.

Anyway, for the most part, I've liked the songs. Some of the flow is good, some is a bit dodgy. In fact, I've probably liked the songs that I've liked on this list better than any of the ones on other lists I've listened to.

:lmao: Him and the original Celine Dion.

Anyway, for the most part, I've liked the songs. Some of the flow is good, some is a bit dodgy. In fact, I've probably liked the songs that I've liked on this list better than any of the ones on other lists I've listened to.

Hey, that song was WRITTEN for him. He just didn't have time to perform it atm, so he ALLOWED Celine to use it. He got back to it when he was DAMN WELL ready to.

I've never claimed to be good with the flow, so when I can get it even a little right I'm proud, but glad to hear you enjoy the songs

Hey, that song was WRITTEN for him. He just didn't have time to perform it atm, so he ALLOWED Celine to use it. He got back to it when he was DAMN WELL ready to.

I've never claimed to be good with the flow, so when I can get it even a little right I'm proud, but glad to hear you enjoy the songs

You'd hate to hear this I'm sure, but Dresden Dolls remind me quite a bit of My Chemical Romance.

hmm...acoustic while my guitar gently weeps is an interesting choice :hmm: I think I prefer the original, but in the context of your playlist, this one works better, so good call

You'd hate to hear this I'm sure, but Dresden Dolls remind me quite a bit of My Chemical Romance.

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

hmm...acoustic while my guitar gently weeps is an interesting choice :hmm: I think I prefer the original, but in the context of your playlist, this one works better, so good call

Thanks. You're getting close to my favourite part (the last 6).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom