The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To everything...turn, turn, turn, turn.

Quiet Storm is one of the few instances of soul on the entire set.

Maybe that's why I love it so much?

"Melissa" -> "Quiet Storm" was ace, hopefully this OutKast transition delivers like you've been hyping like a fad movie-lover.

Maybe that's why I love it so much?

"Melissa" -> "Quiet Storm" was ace, hopefully this OutKast transition delivers like you've been hyping like a fad movie-lover.

Fuck Outkast.

cmTRAIN_wideweb__470x316,0.jpg

Seriously, Da Art Of Storytellin' (in spite of the conspicuous presence of black people) is the shit. Top 5 for Outkast as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I'm pretty sure you've never heard the Eels track, so I'm curious to hear your take on it. I had to use it for the clock segue alone.

I got introduced to Eels through the Shrek soundtrack, too, Ash. Don't worry in your box too much.

Like other Eels tracks, I dug the hell out of this one and the clock was using to great effect.

I won't say that the 2nd and 3rd were any good, but I saw them none the less. The first one ownd based on that score/soundtrack alone.

The first one is a children's classic as far as I'm concerned. It's hard for a movie like that to be entertaining to kids, teens, and adults, and that movies does just that. That being said, the sequels create a new level of suck.

I got introduced to Eels through the Shrek soundtrack, too, Ash. Don't worry in your box too much.

Like other Eels tracks, I dug the hell out of this one and the clock was using to great effect.

Glad you liked that one. Blinking Lights And Other Revelations is a very good album, though not quite as focused and awesome as Electro-Shock Blues.

OK, following the Spoon track (which is arguably my favorite by them), the list gets inexplicably electronic. I discussed a few of the segues with you before.

Glad you liked that one. Blinking Lights And Other Revelations is a very good album, though not quite as focused and awesome as Electro Shock Blues.

OK, following the Spoon track (which is arguably my favorite by them), the list gets inexplicably electronic. I discussed a few of the segues with you before.

Electronically's really hard to come in and out of, I think. It'll keep with the theme of this list being eclectic as shit, so that's good.

I'm liking this more than your last one, for sure. Maybe even as much as your DI3.

Electronically's really hard to come in and out of, I think. It'll keep with the theme of this list being eclectic as shit, so that's good.

I'm liking this more than your last one, for sure. Maybe even as much as your DI3.

You're right, but Bowie saves my ass. At the very least, you'll like the track.

Awesome. Liking it more than/as much as my DI3 is about the highest praise you can give out, since that one got an A+. :ohmy:

You're right, but Bowie saves my ass. At the very least, you'll like the track.

Awesome. Liking it more than/as much as my DI3 is about the highest praise you can give out, since that one got an A+. :ohmy:

I like pretty much every track from here on out, haven't heard the Fiona Apple track though. Lupe Fiasco was pretty kickin'.

This is in A-/A territory right now from me, so that's good. If this keeps peaking as its been doing, then you'll be in good shape.

You'll dig the entire electronic section, and that flows like a dream. Gets a little shakier after that, but Bowie, Floyd, Wilco, U2, Franz Ferdinand, and The Clash should make you feel right at home.

So Devils and Dust is making me want to punch something. It just sorta cuts off right in the middle of a sustained note. Making it practically impossible to place it near any song.

So Devils and Dust is making me want to punch something. It just sorta cuts off right in the middle of a sustained note. Making it practically impossible to place it near any song.

Toss it out, unless you can find a similar song with no intro to pair it with. I did that at least once on this list.

You'll dig the entire electronic section, and that flows like a dream. Gets a little shakier after that, but Bowie, Floyd, Wilco, U2, Franz Ferdinand, and The Clash should make you feel right at home.

I subconsciously do that with most of my lists... grouping the well-established acts together toward the end or something. I don't know why.

I'm with the Mel on this one.

I subconsciously do that with most of my lists... grouping the well-established acts together toward the end or something. I don't know why.

I like to have strong, comfortably well-known closers as well. Purple Rain, California Dreamin', Porcelain, and now Train In Vain.

I like to have strong, comfortably well-known closers as well. Purple Rain, California Dreamin', Porcelain, and now Train In Vain.

I ended a list with fucking Stairway. Top that. Oh wait, you can't... that's an objective and subjective fact.

Don't forget Knights Of Cydonia.

Purple Rain is the closest I've come to a shamelessly epic closing song.

This is true.

You closed out your symphonic list with "Layla," and I'm doing the same with the soon to be unveiled list I told you about.

Epic closers or openers really get me, not afraid to admit that.

This is true.

You closed out your symphonic list with "Layla," and I'm doing the same with the soon to be unveiled list I told you about.

Epic closers or openers really get me, not afraid to admit that.

I will admit that Layla had zero to do with the concept, BTW. It just sounded awesome. I hope you can use it to better effect than you did.

Since you haven't mentioned the list in a while, I assume you're enjoying it. Aladdin Sane is so fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom