The 'Desert Island Game Running Diary' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to it with no gap in between (I have no idea what program could perform that offhand, other than a CD), and it's fucking perfect. That's the best I could do.

Good call on the location.

The best I can do is put them on one album and make them "gapless" on iTunes. I tried doing something like that with my list, but I figured it wouldn't work with any non-iTunes users.

The move to "She Bangs the Drums" was sublime, as is the song.

Thanks, it's the first Bateman quote I think of. I showed The Lady Friend the Huey Lewis clip and she really wants to see the movie now. It's the Bale Factor, mostly.

crossfade :p.

I'm jk

Is this that second list you made ElMel?

Crossfade's a bitch. I hate doing any special type of adjustment for a list because it may not work for everyone, and anal people, such as myself, would lose some of the enjoyment of listening, you know?

I hate crossfade. :angry: I think LMP made his DI3 with that, if I recall correctly. :wink:

Yes, it's the second one.

Yep. Don't you dare wink at me.

Fuck yes, The White Stripes.

The best I can do is put them on one album and make them "gapless" on iTunes. I tried doing something like that with my list, but I figured it wouldn't work with any non-iTunes users.

The move to "She Bangs the Drums" was sublime, as is the song.

Thanks, it's the first Bateman quote I think of. I showed The Lady Friend the Huey Lewis clip and she really wants to see the movie now. It's the Bale Factor, mostly.

That sounds awesome. Better than burning a CD over a list you're not entirely confident in. :hmm:

American Psycho = best date movie evar. Especially if she's into being chased around with a chainsaw.

Crossfade's been a bitch on my playlist, since I just immediately had it on and made the list, THEN remembered to turn it off. It screwed everything up. But now my list is practically done :dance:

I hate crossfade. :angry: I think LMP made his DI3 with that, if I recall correctly. :wink:

Yes, it's the second one.

That sounds awesome. Better than burning a CD over a list you're not entirely confident in. :hmm:

American Psycho = best date movie evar. Especially if she's into being chased around with a chainsaw.

For my last list, I burned it to CD, re-imported with the "new album" data, did the gapless stuff, moved it to another folder, zipped it up, and uploaded. I had about 5 protected tracks on the list that I needed to make into s.

I'll bring my videocamera.

Crossfade's been a bitch on my playlist, since I just immediately had it on and made the list, THEN remembered to turn it off. It screwed everything up. But now my list is practically done :dance:

Nice. You feel like sending it out early or waiting for the general competition to start?

Stripes -> "Carry the Zero" went over well. I remember the latter track from the collab list.

I fucking love Carry The Zero. The rest of Keep It Like A Secret isn't quite that great, but I still highly recommend it.

I'm scared to send it out lol. I have no anticipation of doing any better than I did last time, but I feel 100% better about my list. So the problem now is that you guys lists are SOO much better than mine, but at the same time I'm curious what you'd think.

So I wasn't big on the Suede and Liz Phair tracks, they didn't really present any cool transitional stuff either.

"America" makes up for the relative meh of those two songs though.

I'm scared to send it out lol. I have no anticipation of doing any better than I did last time, but I feel 100% better about my list. So the problem now is that you guys lists are SOO much better than mine, but at the same time I'm curious what you'd think.

In the minute it took you to post that, I just made 3 more lists. I'm kidding.

It's cool if you wanna wait, but if you'd like to have a diary done or do one yourself, just drop me a PM and I'll send you links to my new list... which may be renamed the Axver Fucking Gave This a B list.

Wild Ones--->Johnny Sunshine is just OK, but Johnny Sunshine--->America is a perfect segue. Perfect. The fuzz from the amp of the former leads directly into the humming at the beginning of the latter.

In the minute it took you to post that, I just made 3 more lists. I'm kidding.

It's cool if you wanna wait, but if you'd like to have a diary done or do one yourself, just drop me a PM and I'll send you links to my new list... which may be renamed the Axver Fucking Gave This a B list.

I gotta go get my mom something from McDonalds, but when I get back, I'll upload my list...why not :shrug: You're gonna hear it eventually :lol:

And I think of the "3 Musketeers" Yours is the only list I haven't heard...well that and ElMel's new list, so I'd love to hear yours.

I gotta go get my mom something from McDonalds, but when I get back, I'll upload my list...why not :shrug: You're gonna hear it eventually :lol:

And I think of the "3 Musketeers" Yours is the only list I haven't heard...well that and ElMel's new list, so I'd love to hear yours.

You should go to Quiznos instead. Sure, whatever you'd like.

I'll send you the PM. True fact: I wasn't too keen on the musketeers title when it first started, but I've warmed up to it. It has a better ring to it than the "3 Smartass, Suburban White Teenagers on the U2 Forum."

Also, they follow me.

Oh, and forgive the pause at the end of the Dodos track. It just cuts off there for no particular reason. It goes well with the Fleet Foxes track musically, even if the immediate segue is rough (one of the few that probably could have worked out better, as there are many other tracks that could have fit in its place).

Wild Ones--->Johnny Sunshine is just OK, but Johnny Sunshine--->America is a perfect segue. Perfect. The fuzz from the amp of the former leads directly into the humming at the beginning of the latter.

That was nice, actually.

"Walking" was a fun track and it moved to "Blue Ridge" pretty well.

You should go to Quiznos instead. Sure, whatever you'd like.

I'll send you the PM. True fact: I wasn't too keen on the musketeers title when it first started, but I've warmed up to it. It has a better ring to it than the "3 Smartass, Suburban White Teenagers on the U2 Forum."

Also, they follow me.

I'd go to Quiznos if it wasn't 1) So Expensive, 2) Untrustworthy in this city, 3) Closed.

I didn't like referring to you guys as that at all, but after a while it seemed like you liked the name. I think that was actually the first time I ever actually used it.

and I'm off.

True fact: I wasn't too keen on the musketeers title when it first started, but I've warmed up to it. It has a better ring to it than the "3 Smartass, Suburban White Teenagers on the U2 Forum."

Amen.

The Dwight Schrute connection makes the Three Musketeers title work out.

I'd go to Quiznos if it wasn't 1) So Expensive, 2) Untrustworthy in this city, 3) Closed.

I didn't like referring to you guys as that at all, but after a while it seemed like you liked the name. I think that was actually the first time I ever actually used it.

and I'm off.

I like that you have a possibly dangerous Quiznos in your area, for some reason.

Later.

Amen.

The Dwight Schrute connection makes the Three Musketeers title work out.

This is true.

And also, the first issue of the Watchmen comic is pretty nifty.

Blue Ridge--->Phases & Stages--->I Think It's Going To Rain Today = best set of segues in the whole list. Fact.

And the My Morning Jacket track kicks anyone with a pulse back into alertness.

Blue Ridge--->Phases & Stages--->I Think It's Going To Rain Today = best set of segues in the whole list. Fact.

And the My Morning Jacket track kicks anyone with a pulse back into alertness.

You are right so far. I couldn't even tell that the last 2 changed tracks... they both have that semi-scratchy vinyl feel to them. Nice.

You are right so far. I couldn't even tell that the last 2 changed tracks... they both have that semi-scratchy vinyl feel to them. Nice.

From here, I have no issue with any of the segues up until track 34. It's pretty clean.

You seem to be quite fond of a large number of the artists coming up, so you should be digging this for a while.

From here, I have no issue with any of the segues up until track 34. It's pretty clean.

You seem to be quite fond of a large number of the artists coming up, so you should be digging this for a while.

I already had most of the tracks from the second half, actually, so that's a good sign.

"Apple Scruffs" was a winner, and I love Doves. Ryan Adams... I can take or leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom