The "Desert Island Album" Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There really is no problem with having obscure music; as a matter of fact, I am fairly confident that the average person here will only know three of the bands on my compilation, and one of those is U2. This is why I'm so supportive of uploading tracks: people may actually make an educated decision on my obscure tracklisting now!

In any case, BonoIsMyMuse is ready to go with the contest, so tuwie, it's your decision. Just give me a definite yes or no on whether you'll participate - we can give you a few days to get everything uploaded if that suits you - and we'll go from there.

We have competition brackets!

Please see below the brackets for uploading procedure.

We drew names and this is the order of the competitors. In the first round, #1's tracklisting will face off against #2, #3 against #4, etc. In the next round, Winner of #1-vs-#2 will meet Winner of #3-vs-#4, etc. Once we know if there will be a BonoIsMyMuse/tuwie playoff or if the place goes straight to BonoIsMyMuse, I will make a diagram to illustrate more effectively how the competition will advance.

THE BRACKET.

1. inmyplace13
VS
2. namkcuR

3. LJT
VS
4. MrBrau1

5. pepokiss
VS
6. VertigoGal

7. Axver
VS
8. yertle-the-turtle

9. Liamcool
VS
10. Souly

11. Bono's shades
VS
12. Eliv8

13. hippy
VS
14. LemonMacPhisto

15. BonoIsMyMuse/tuwie playoff
VS
16. MacPhistoPT

UPLOADING INFORMATION

Please note that uploading is NOT necessary; it will likely help your chances of winning, though! Only upload if you'd like. If you do upload, please upload to http://www.save file.com (REMOVE THE SPACE between 'save' and 'file' for the URL to work) - you can either upload each song as an individual MP3, or you can ZIP the MP3s together to make one quicker upload. I would recommend uploading individual MP3s, however, just so people can grab only the songs they don't have (or have time to download). A 5MB song is much easier to download than a 60MB ZIP file for someone on dialup.

Once you have finished uploading your files, please send the "save file" link to ME (NOT Liam) at amakaxver[at]gmail.com or via Interference PM. You may also send any extra information about your tracklisting that you want me to post with your poll, such as an explanation of why you chose the songs you chose.

I would like everyone to use "save file" as the URLs won't expire during the competition, which is particularly important if you progress to the finals.

I think that's all for now. Thanks for participating, folks! Liam and I shall go through the tracklistings and make sure the formats are correct before we post them all together. If your tracklisting has some kind of error (likely a lack of data), one of us will e-mail you with a request to fix it.

wow sounds exciting already!
i also would like to formally declare that i'd like to give BonoIsMyMuse my full consent to go on and rock the competition ;]
have fun! <3

I got drawn against the worst possible person:|

I'm dead man, dead........

(feigning weakness before a deadly strike)

:wink:

tuwie said:
wow sounds exciting already!
i also would like to formally declare that i'd like to give BonoIsMyMuse my full consent to go on and rock the competition ;]
have fun! <3

That's very generous of you! I'll get the brackets diagram drawn soon then. :)

LJT said:
I got drawn against the worst possible person:|

I'm dead man, dead........

(feigning weakness before a deadly strike)

:wink:

:lol:

As soon as that match-up was drawn, I thought "this one's going to be good!"

VertigoGal.... your ass is MINE!!! :evil:

(in a good sense, though) :reject:

I really think that everyone that votes should listen to the music. I mean, Axver's obscure songs and some of my wierd choices NEED to be heard, and so we can't lose just because to Where The Streets Have No Name and 20 more hits....

that's what I think... HEAR AND VOTE OR DIE :madwife:

Last edited:
We have a fancy diagram of the competition brackets!

Brackets.png

So, after nearly a month of planning, rule defining, entry sending/recieving, and time delays, is the opening of the polls finally imminent?

namkcuR said:
So, after nearly a month of planning, rule defining, entry sending/recieving, and time delays, is the opening of the polls finally imminent?

Yep.

I would appreciate it if those people intending on uploading material or sending me any paragraphs to post with their poll would express their intent to do so on this thread. I don't want to go ahead and make a poll without those details if someone was planning on submitting them.

namkcuR, I particularly need to know if you and inmyplace13 are doing so, as you're the first two and if either of you are doing uploads, we won't start until that's all ready.

Axver said:

Yep.

I would appreciate it if those people intending on uploading material or sending me any paragraphs to post with their poll would express their intent to do so on this thread. I don't want to go ahead and make a poll without those details if someone was planning on submitting them.

namkcuR, I particularly need to know if you and inmyplace13 are doing so, as you're the first two and if either of you are doing uploads, we won't start until that's all ready.

I'm going to upload my stuff. Can I assume that we've all heard any U2 stuff, and omit those from my uploads?

namkcuR said:

I'm going to upload my stuff. Can I assume that we've all heard any U2 stuff, and omit those from my uploads?

OK, cool. Use your own discretion with U2 uploads. I'm not uploading the U2 in my tracklisting as my selections are all album tracks, but if I had used a quite obscure track such as J. Swallow, I would upload it.

Oh, and A CLARIFICATION TO THE UPLOADING INFORMATION.

You don't have to use "save file" - just somewhere that won't expire (and if you're uploading individual songs separately, somewhere that allows me to have just one link to the collection to post rather than 20+). For example, if you have your own webspace and would like to host the songs there and make a little page for them, that's fine too.

I'll email my uploads soon Ax, isn't acknowledging my membership to make a project right now.

savfile's usernames are case sensitive...that could be why it's not working for you guys - you might be typing lowercase where uppercase is needed or vice versa.

namkcuR said:

Is your email aol? savfile has problems with aol.

yes it is, I'll use my yahoo account and see what happens.

edit: that did it, thanks namkcuR

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
your avatar RULES :bow:

but it's just a photo... you can't make an onion cry like he does :angry:

I can still roundhouse kick things.

Now I can roundhouse kick things without over-exerting my groin :D

YEAHHH!
4acx12188bk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom