The "Desert Island Album" Game - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2006, 12:52 AM   #76
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hippy

That was the point of the mix... I was honest as well. It's music that means the most to me
same here.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:17 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
How strict are you guys going to be about the total running time of each disc? I mean, if I submit an 81 minute disc and an 84 minute disc, will they be disqualified?
Yeah, that's gonna be disqualified. We're going to be very strict. Of course, if you go under 80 minutes, that's fine, but 80:00 for each disc is the absolute limit. Even a second over is going to be disqualified. Sorry, but rules are rules.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
What are the capabilities of the CD player on this island?
Play and stop. That's it. No shuffle or repeat one or even a button to go through tracks. It's not like I'm Bill Gates.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 AM   #78
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:55 AM
The CD player does project an awesome amount of volume, though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2006, 04:07 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Axver, I sent my submissions to you. I think I might have accidentally sent it to you twice though...if so, sorry.

Anyway, I had to some really painful decisions with regards to 'cutting' certain songs to make both discs fit the time allotment, but I think it turned out well...each disc has a very different vibe to it. I hope everyone likes it.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:27 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Axver, I sent my submissions to you. I think I might have accidentally sent it to you twice though...if so, sorry.
I got it! Twice, but that's no bother at all.

Quote:
Anyway, I had to some really painful decisions with regards to 'cutting' certain songs to make both discs fit the time allotment, but I think it turned out well...each disc has a very different vibe to it. I hope everyone likes it.
I know the pain of cutting songs. At one point, I had exactly 5:00 left on my second disc and a fantastic song I wanted to include that's 5:22. It was painful removing it, but I filled up that 5:00 with two fantastic songs, so it wasn't too much of a loss.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:55 AM
I sent my tracklisting in...haven't uploaded any files though. Has everyone been sending zip files so far or are you still planning on using save-file, or what?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #82
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

how many more tracklistings do you need?
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #83
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
I sent my tracklisting in...haven't uploaded any files though. Has everyone been sending zip files so far or are you still planning on using save-file, or what?
Don't worry, no-one has uploaded anything yet.

I personally like the idea of save-file.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

The island is bland, dull, and lifeless. The only way to tell apart the sand and the rocks is by standing on them and noting the texture, as they are both the same dismal shade of grey. In fact, the sand is pretty hard and can be easily mistaken for rock. The surrounding water is always calm. Never a ripple. Clouds blot out the sun all day and their reflection gives the water a featureless dull surface. It's like England without the rain.

All of Interference had the misfortune to be marooned on the island. We were flying to the ultimate U2 concert (to feature something for everyone, even GibsonGirl ) when our plane disintegrated in midair. Luckily, we were all wearing parachutes and floated safely down to this island. Liam had the good sense to have a CD player in his possession, but most other belongings were lost. The CD player is thus our sole source of pleasure. Food comes from the fish and whales that regularly beach themselves on the island, as they are so depressed to be swimming near such a bland island that they feel the need to commit suicide. Water comes from a spring located in the least depressing corner of the island.

I suppose you could find pleasure with your fellow Interferencers if you fancy them and have no qualms about the stark lack of privacy caused by so many people being packed onto such a small island. There's a total lack of alcohol, though. Thankfully no cannibals. As I said, the CD player is really the only source of pleasure besides what you may be doing with your fellow Interferencers. You can't even go for a swim, because the ocean is infested with man-eating pirahnas. We do happen to have 2 CDs to play in the CD player. This poll shall determine the contents. We need the 160 minutes to be packed with the best musical goodness possible, just so that we all don't go mad. The most amazing, awesome music ever, something to keep us sane until we get off the island. God has chosen to exist for the purposes of divinely transferring the selected 160 minutes of musical bliss and salvation to the 2 CDs.

can I be John Locke?
Old 04-30-2006, 11:58 PM   #85
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

that was a picture of me.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm torn... who should I be?...

or

PS: as the caption from the Mr Eko photo said... "Mr Eko would kick Jack Bauer ass"... do you believe it?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #87
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
PS: as the caption from the Mr Eko photo said... "Mr Eko would kick Jack Bauer ass"... do you believe it?
Nope.

Eko is awesome, but Jack...too awesome to comprehend.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:55 AM
is it too late for me? =) i just sent you an email, but if it's too late, you can just forget it, i won't be sad.
hahaha ok
Old 05-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

don't let this go to 2nd page...
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #90
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I can't wait 'til this starts