The "Desert Island Album" Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LJT said:
What you can't wait til I kick your ass?:wink:

Oh, that's cold man.

pretty cold coming from a future loser :wink:

Loo-hoo-ser-her.

aceventura3ni.jpg

VertigoGal said:
am I the only one who thinks that having participants set the brackets is a bit dodgy? :shifty:

Let the music speak for itself. :rockon:

Some people will go with what they like, some will go with what they think people will vote for

and some will just go all-out obscure, lol.

to put everything into generalizations. :lol:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh, that's cold man.

pretty cold coming from a future loser :wink:

Loo-hoo-ser-her.

you're runnin scared man, scared I tell ya!

skeletor.jpg

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
oh, i'm sure mine's nowhere near obscure enough to get votes :wink:

I think the "going obscure" strategy is a poor one. :ohmy:

Something with a great range, spanning black, white, male, female, rock, country, blues, soul, hitting all decades, will win.

Indie hits 2005-2006 is a waste of an entry.

My song selections are 90% set. Playing with order for the next few days.

Last edited:
What's with all the bad blood? :tongue:

I'm going to vote based on flow of songs... song selection (which shouldn't be a problem if I don't know something because we're uploading)... and who I like more :lol: just kidding.

It's all about the music, and it was damn fun to make these mixes and share this music :)

You know what I was also thinking of... what if we could share a little bit (like a paragraph -- 3 sentences or so) about why we chose this music. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'd do that too.

Oh, some good old-fashion trashtalking won't do any harm right? :wink:

I think it will be more trash whimpering than talking from you:p

hippy said:
You know what I was also thinking of... what if we could share a little bit (like a paragraph -- 3 sentences or so) about why we chose this music. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I like this idea. I was thinking about writing something about my mix. So if anyone wants to write a bit about their compilation, they can go ahead.

hippy said:

Coolness.

So should we send this to you and Liam or should we just wait and post it when our bracket comes up?

It would probably be best to either send it with your tracklisting, or to wait until we've received all the mixes. Once I have all sixteen, I'll post them in a thread and we'll get as many of them uploaded at a time, and then would be a good time to add anything you'd like to say and I'll include it in the posts with the polls.

By the way, I should say that for the next two weeks, I'm going to be busy as hell with university and may not be around so much. Will keep up with the competition, though.

Remember, folks, send your tracklisting to Liam or I BY MAY THE 9TH AT THE LATEST. If you do not do so, I will first ask you to confirm you are providing a tracklisting. If you don't make that confirmation within a few days of the request, I'll throw your position open to anyone else who wants it.

I'm providing... but, my pc has no sound card, and hte only place I can hear the songs are in my college.... anyway, on monday I should be able to send SOMETHING... but I don't think the actual songs...

that could be by next friday

for U2... does the iTunes box set counts as a release?...

if so, I can use the New Year's Eve songs... :drool:

pepokiss said:
for U2... does the iTunes box set counts as a release?...

if so, I can use the New Year's Eve songs... :drool:

Yes, it counts. It's an official release.

I may extend the deadline as I'm busy as hell with uni right now. We'll see ...

Axver, Liam:

If you're not going to extend the deadline I'm afraid I have to pull out. I've got massive commitments from my theatre course and I doubt I can meet tomorrow's deadline; I'd be quite willing to give my spot up if necessary.

Sorry.

damn... this has gotten to the point where I can't stand any song :laugh:

except Mr Brightside... and Kurenai

(yes... a whole mixture of things... even a song in spanish)

I'm not sure about Liam, but I'd like to extend the deadline at least to the end of this week. I've a truckload of work to do and I can't guarantee I can organise anything/make polls on time.

:up:

I'd be okay with the end of the week deadline... though I'm eager to get started seeing people's mixes!

And Axver & Liam... please let me know if there is anything I can help. I don't have loads of time, but I'll do what I can :)

Deadline's definitely Friday now. I'll need to consult with Liam before extending it further, but I'd like it to be the 19th of May. I'll be busy as hell for the next nine days, but after then, I should be fine to organise stuff.

Back
Top Bottom