The "Desert Island Album" Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miricale_Drug said:
i'm in - i just haven't had time to send you a list of songs yet

Alright, that's cool. You've got until the 9th of May, but the sooner, the better. :)

And this means there is ONE PLACE LEFT. First come, first served.

Thus far, Liam and I have received tracklistings from:

- LJT
- MacPhistoPT
- hippy
- LemonMacPhisto
- inmyplace13

If you have submitted a tracklisting to Liam and you aren't one of the aforementioned five, it's because he hasn't told me he got a tracklisting from you. If you have submitted a tracklisting to me and you aren't one of the aforementioned five, then, uh ... tell me and I'll check my e-mails/PMs again to make sure I haven't overlooked it. Or you can just resend it.

3 question essential to this contest:

This island we're stuck on, is there beer, or rum, or giant cannabis plants? Are we having island parties with these 2 cds?

Is there sex on this island? Are we all naked, sweating, glistening in the sun, following our animal instincts and having sex with Ginger or Mary Anne by the lagoon?

Or are we trapped, no food, no weapons, no hope of rescue, chased by cannibals, looking forward only to death?

I need to know this.

Alright!

THE CONTESTANTS!

1). Liamcool
2). Axver
3). LJT
4). Miricale_Drug
5). MacPhistoPT
6). hippy
7). Bono's shades
8). MrBrau1
9). LemonMacPhisto
10). Eliv8
11). namkcuR
12). VertigoGal
13). inmyplace13
14). Souly
15). yertle-the-turtle
16). pepokiss

If anyone wishes to withdraw, please say so on this thread so that the position can be opened up again.

MrBrau1 said:

This island we're stuck on, is there beer, or rum, or giant cannabis plants? Are we having island parties with these 2 cds?

Is there sex on this island? Are we all naked, sweating, glistening in the sun, following our animal instincts and having sex with Ginger or Mary Anne by the lagoon?

Or are we trapped, no food, no weapons, no hope of rescue, chased by cannibals, looking forward only to death?

I need to know this.

I got dibs on Brooke Shields from Blue Lagoon.

Hopefully there will be no Others or Wilson on this island.

MrBrau1 said:

I need to know this.

The island is bland, dull, and lifeless. The only way to tell apart the sand and the rocks is by standing on them and noting the texture, as they are both the same dismal shade of grey. In fact, the sand is pretty hard and can be easily mistaken for rock. The surrounding water is always calm. Never a ripple. Clouds blot out the sun all day and their reflection gives the water a featureless dull surface. It's like England without the rain.

All of Interference had the misfortune to be marooned on the island. We were flying to the ultimate U2 concert (to feature something for everyone, even GibsonGirl :wink: ) when our plane disintegrated in midair. Luckily, we were all wearing parachutes and floated safely down to this island. Liam had the good sense to have a CD player in his possession, but most other belongings were lost. The CD player is thus our sole source of pleasure. Food comes from the fish and whales that regularly beach themselves on the island, as they are so depressed to be swimming near such a bland island that they feel the need to commit suicide. Water comes from a spring located in the least depressing corner of the island.

I suppose you could find pleasure with your fellow Interferencers if you fancy them and have no qualms about the stark lack of privacy caused by so many people being packed onto such a small island. There's a total lack of alcohol, though. Thankfully no cannibals. As I said, the CD player is really the only source of pleasure besides what you may be doing with your fellow Interferencers. You can't even go for a swim, because the ocean is infested with man-eating pirahnas. We do happen to have 2 CDs to play in the CD player. This poll shall determine the contents. We need the 160 minutes to be packed with the best musical goodness possible, just so that we all don't go mad. The most amazing, awesome music ever, something to keep us sane until we get off the island. God has chosen to exist for the purposes of divinely transferring the selected 160 minutes of musical bliss and salvation to the 2 CDs.

I really want to see your lists guys... :drool:
My list sucks but at least I was honest, at the moment, those would be the songs I'd like to hear for the rest of my life :p

Axver said:

The island is bland, dull, and lifeless. The only way to tell apart the sand and the rocks is by standing on them and noting the texture, as they are both the same dismal shade of grey. In fact, the sand is pretty hard and can be easily mistaken for rock. The surrounding water is always calm. Never a ripple. Clouds blot out the sun all day and their reflection gives the water a featureless dull surface. It's like England without the rain.

All of Interference had the misfortune to be marooned on the island. We were flying to the ultimate U2 concert (to feature something for everyone, even GibsonGirl :wink: ) when our plane disintegrated in midair. Luckily, we were all wearing parachutes and floated safely down to this island. Liam had the good sense to have a CD player in his possession, but most other belongings were lost. The CD player is thus our sole source of pleasure. Food comes from the fish and whales that regularly beach themselves on the island, as they are so depressed to be swimming near such a bland island that they feel the need to commit suicide. Water comes from a spring located in the least depressing corner of the island.

I suppose you could find pleasure with your fellow Interferencers if you fancy them and have no qualms about the stark lack of privacy caused by so many people being packed onto such a small island. There's a total lack of alcohol, though. Thankfully no cannibals. As I said, the CD player is really the only source of pleasure besides what you may be doing with your fellow Interferencers. You can't even go for a swim, because the ocean is infested with man-eating pirahnas. We do happen to have 2 CDs to play in the CD player. This poll shall determine the contents. We need the 160 minutes to be packed with the best musical goodness possible, just so that we all don't go mad. The most amazing, awesome music ever, something to keep us sane until we get off the island. God has chosen to exist for the purposes of divinely transferring the selected 160 minutes of musical bliss and salvation to the 2 CDs.

:sad:

Axver, I think you need a hug. :lol:

MacPhistoPT said:
I really want to see your lists guys... :drool:
My list sucks but at least I was honest, at the moment, those would be the songs I'd like to hear for the rest of my life :p

Once Liam and I have received everyone's lists, we will organise the seeding and post both the tournament schedule and the sixteen tracklists. :)

How strict are you guys going to be about the total running time of each disc? I mean, if I submit an 81 minute disc and an 84 minute disc, will they be disqualified?

if there is a second part of this thread I'll take part, I just wanna see how is going this one

Originally posted by namkcuR
How strict are you guys going to be about the total running time of each disc? I mean, if I submit an 81 minute disc and an 84 minute disc, will they be disqualified?

Yeah, that's gonna be disqualified. We're going to be very strict. Of course, if you go under 80 minutes, that's fine, but 80:00 for each disc is the absolute limit. Even a second over is going to be disqualified. Sorry, but rules are rules.

Originally posted by MrBrau1
What are the capabilities of the CD player on this island?

Play and stop. That's it. No shuffle or repeat one or even a button to go through tracks. It's not like I'm Bill Gates.

The CD player does project an awesome amount of volume, though.

Axver, I sent my submissions to you. I think I might have accidentally sent it to you twice though...if so, sorry.

Anyway, I had to some really painful decisions with regards to 'cutting' certain songs to make both discs fit the time allotment, but I think it turned out well...each disc has a very different vibe to it. I hope everyone likes it.

namkcuR said:
Axver, I sent my submissions to you. I think I might have accidentally sent it to you twice though...if so, sorry.

I got it! :) Twice, but that's no bother at all.

Anyway, I had to some really painful decisions with regards to 'cutting' certain songs to make both discs fit the time allotment, but I think it turned out well...each disc has a very different vibe to it. I hope everyone likes it.

I know the pain of cutting songs. At one point, I had exactly 5:00 left on my second disc and a fantastic song I wanted to include that's 5:22. It was painful removing it, but I filled up that 5:00 with two fantastic songs, so it wasn't too much of a loss.

VertigoGal said:
I sent my tracklisting in...haven't uploaded any files though. Has everyone been sending zip files so far or are you still planning on using save-file, or what?

Don't worry, no-one has uploaded anything yet. :)

I personally like the idea of save-file.

Axver said:

can I be John Locke? :hyper:

newcastaway9yh.jpg

that was a picture of me.

I'm torn... who should I be?...

200px-Lost-locke.jpg

or

060111_lost_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

PS: as the caption from the Mr Eko photo said... "Mr Eko would kick Jack Bauer ass"... do you believe it? :ohmy:

pepokiss said:
PS: as the caption from the Mr Eko photo said... "Mr Eko would kick Jack Bauer ass"... do you believe it? :ohmy:

Nope.

Eko is awesome, but Jack...too awesome to comprehend.

is it too late for me? =) i just sent you an email, but if it's too late, you can just forget it, i won't be sad.
hahaha ok

Back
Top Bottom