The "Desert Island Album" Game - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #151
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:57 PM
There really is no problem with having obscure music; as a matter of fact, I am fairly confident that the average person here will only know three of the bands on my compilation, and one of those is U2. This is why I'm so supportive of uploading tracks: people may actually make an educated decision on my obscure tracklisting now!

In any case, BonoIsMyMuse is ready to go with the contest, so tuwie, it's your decision. Just give me a definite yes or no on whether you'll participate - we can give you a few days to get everything uploaded if that suits you - and we'll go from there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #152
Vocal parasite

We have competition brackets!

Please see below the brackets for uploading procedure.

We drew names and this is the order of the competitors. In the first round, #1's tracklisting will face off against #2, #3 against #4, etc. In the next round, Winner of #1-vs-#2 will meet Winner of #3-vs-#4, etc. Once we know if there will be a BonoIsMyMuse/tuwie playoff or if the place goes straight to BonoIsMyMuse, I will make a diagram to illustrate more effectively how the competition will advance.

THE BRACKET.

1. inmyplace13
VS
2. namkcuR

3. LJT
VS
4. MrBrau1

5. pepokiss
VS
6. VertigoGal

7. Axver
VS
8. yertle-the-turtle

9. Liamcool
VS
10. Souly

11. Bono's shades
VS
12. Eliv8

13. hippy
VS
14. LemonMacPhisto

15. BonoIsMyMuse/tuwie playoff
VS
16. MacPhistoPT

UPLOADING INFORMATION

Please note that uploading is NOT necessary; it will likely help your chances of winning, though! Only upload if you'd like. If you do upload, please upload to http://www.save file.com (REMOVE THE SPACE between 'save' and 'file' for the URL to work) - you can either upload each song as an individual MP3, or you can ZIP the MP3s together to make one quicker upload. I would recommend uploading individual MP3s, however, just so people can grab only the songs they don't have (or have time to download). A 5MB song is much easier to download than a 60MB ZIP file for someone on dialup.

Once you have finished uploading your files, please send the "save file" link to ME (NOT Liam) at amakaxver[at]gmail.com or via Interference PM. You may also send any extra information about your tracklisting that you want me to post with your poll, such as an explanation of why you chose the songs you chose.

I would like everyone to use "save file" as the URLs won't expire during the competition, which is particularly important if you progress to the finals.

I think that's all for now. Thanks for participating, folks! Liam and I shall go through the tracklistings and make sure the formats are correct before we post them all together. If your tracklisting has some kind of error (likely a lack of data), one of us will e-mail you with a request to fix it.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:57 AM
wow sounds exciting already!
i also would like to formally declare that i'd like to give BonoIsMyMuse my full consent to go on and rock the competition ;]
have fun! <3
Old 05-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #154
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:57 AM
I got drawn against the worst possible person

I'm dead man, dead........

(feigning weakness before a deadly strike)

Old 05-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #155
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by tuwie
wow sounds exciting already!
i also would like to formally declare that i'd like to give BonoIsMyMuse my full consent to go on and rock the competition ;]
have fun! <3
That's very generous of you! I'll get the brackets diagram drawn soon then.

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT
I got drawn against the worst possible person

I'm dead man, dead........

(feigning weakness before a deadly strike)

As soon as that match-up was drawn, I thought "this one's going to be good!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:57 AM
VertigoGal.... your ass is MINE!!!

(in a good sense, though)

I really think that everyone that votes should listen to the music. I mean, Axver's obscure songs and some of my wierd choices NEED to be heard, and so we can't lose just because to Where The Streets Have No Name and 20 more hits....

that's what I think... HEAR AND VOTE OR DIE
Old 05-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:57 AM
My mix is so good, I'm scaring competitors away!

Thanks tuwie
Old 05-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:57 AM
^^ You'll win for sure. My list sucks
Old 05-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #159
Vocal parasite

We have a fancy diagram of the competition brackets!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #160
ONE
love, blood, life

So, after nearly a month of planning, rule defining, entry sending/recieving, and time delays, is the opening of the polls finally imminent?
Old 05-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #161
ONE&lt;br&gt;love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
So, after nearly a month of planning, rule defining, entry sending/recieving, and time delays, is the opening of the polls finally imminent?

I hope so!

And I second the motion that everyone should take a thorough listen to each mix before making a choice...

BRING ON THE MUSIC!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #162
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yep.

I would appreciate it if those people intending on uploading material or sending me any paragraphs to post with their poll would express their intent to do so on this thread. I don't want to go ahead and make a poll without those details if someone was planning on submitting them.

namkcuR, I particularly need to know if you and inmyplace13 are doing so, as you're the first two and if either of you are doing uploads, we won't start until that's all ready.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yep.

I would appreciate it if those people intending on uploading material or sending me any paragraphs to post with their poll would express their intent to do so on this thread. I don't want to go ahead and make a poll without those details if someone was planning on submitting them.

namkcuR, I particularly need to know if you and inmyplace13 are doing so, as you're the first two and if either of you are doing uploads, we won't start until that's all ready.
I'm going to upload my stuff. Can I assume that we've all heard any U2 stuff, and omit those from my uploads?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #164
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I'm going to upload my stuff. Can I assume that we've all heard any U2 stuff, and omit those from my uploads?
OK, cool. Use your own discretion with U2 uploads. I'm not uploading the U2 in my tracklisting as my selections are all album tracks, but if I had used a quite obscure track such as J. Swallow, I would upload it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #165
Vocal parasite

Oh, and A CLARIFICATION TO THE UPLOADING INFORMATION.

You don't have to use "save file" - just somewhere that won't expire (and if you're uploading individual songs separately, somewhere that allows me to have just one link to the collection to post rather than 20+). For example, if you have your own webspace and would like to host the songs there and make a little page for them, that's fine too.

Gig pictures | Blog