THE DARKNESS Singer Receives Death Threats, Security Stepped Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
THE DARKNESS singer Justin Hawkins has had to call in police after receiving chilling death threats, according to the U.K.'s Sun. The singer said he got the first letter as the group celebrated winning three Brit Awards last week. Justin revealed: "It was a handwritten letter, it's very weird. It's quite flattering that somebody wants to kill me but at the same time it's very scary. I'm more concerned about my own safety really, you can't go on being nice to everybody because sometimes people take the p*** and they start to take liberties. I don't know who it is but we've got the police involved and CID are checking the letter with fingerprints and all that stuff."

According to the Sun, THE DARKNESS' management have now stepped up security around the band, whose debut album, "Permission To Land", has sold a staggering 1.3 million copies.

I'm no fan of the band but death threats= no win :| :no:
Not cool!

Bunbury said:
It's quite flattering that somebody wants to kill me but at the same time it's very scary.

So true. I received a death threat once. My friend's response?

"Wow, only cool people get death threats!"

:lol:

In all seriousness though, that is freaky. You can't take any of that shit lightly.

Re: Re: THE DARKNESS Singer Receives Death Threats, Security Stepped Up

Bonochick said:

I received a death threat once. My friend's response?

"Wow, only cool people get death threats!"

:lmao:

But seriously, why would anyone take the time to do stuff like that? I am a *big* fan of a lot of things(U2, Idlewild, The X Files) but, I have no inclination to stalk or threaten the people I admire or the people who wrong them. I just don't get it.

I hope Justin's not too freaked out.

Yeah, I know their show in Cleveland sold out very fast too. I was gonna get tickets the day they went on sale, but I just figured whenever I got around to it, I'd get them. When I went to get them, however, they were totally sold out. Their popularity in America went from nothing to everything in a very short time. Radio still rarely plays them, but then again radio never plays anything good. I think their current US tour dates were booked months ago, before they exploded. They could easily sell out bigger venues then what they are.

Back
Top Bottom