The Darkness...Men what do rock baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squishy Peanut

Acrobat
Don't be put off by the slightly umm 'dark' name...The Darkness are the best thing to happen to the UK charts in quite a while!
They were virtually unheard of at the beginning of the year but their debut album, Permission To Land, is now firmly seated in the #1 position on the charts and their second single I Believe In A Thing Called Love looks set to follow suit. :D

The band are playing a few gigs in America just to test the water at the New York Bowery Ballroom (September 18), Toronto Lee's Palace (20) and The Los Angeles Roxy (22).
And the album is being rush released there too cos it's doing funky shtuff in the charts here in the UK :D

A certain guy by the name of Bono once said:

"Great rock 'n' roll, the raw stuff, is pure joy. It's that sense of being alive, of being grateful for your pulse."

And The Darkness sound just like that :D I figured it was about time they had a thread here

Anyone else here like them? :) Just humour me ;)

If you want to hear their stuff, there are 3 videos up on their site at the mo http://www.thedarknessrock.com The vid for I Believe In A Thing Called Love is highly recommended for the :lol: factor plus the fact that you'll never get it out of your head :p

They arent bad

Their leotards/ hairstyles dont agree with me though :|

That video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Nice, very nice.

:yes: :yes:

The Darkness are the best band to come out of the UK in a while. Their album is just fantastic and the best thing is that it's just them doing the simple stuff really well and they just don't give a shit! So yes I agree with you. I've heard they're fantastic live so In+?

The Darkness are the best band to come out of the UK in a while. Their album is just fantastic and the best thing is that it's just them doing the simple stuff really well and they just don't give a shit! So yes I agree with you. I've heard they're fantastic live so I can't wait to see them in Dublin in a few weeks time.

PS did the beginning of Get Your Hands off My Woman remind anyone of old (Boy era) U2?

keosulli said:

I've heard they're fantastic live so I can't wait to see them in Dublin in a few weeks time.

They're GREAT live! I saw them at the K! Day Of Rock thingy in Virgin Megastore a month ago and they completely blew me away because, bloody hell, they can sure can playtheir instruments :D
I'm gonna see them again in November! :hyper:

i dont really like them bit to heavey for me, but i did actually see them live about mid july..

i was in glasgow and on the off chance they were appearing in the virgin megastore there playing live and signing albums :eek: my brother is a fan of theirs so he thought it was great, we stayed and watched them for a bit, well i stayed for about 15 mins before i got bored :eek:

they were good performers but not my type of music.... the lead singer is quite funny, he was fooling around and playing his guitar over his shoulders lol.

Back
Top Bottom