The Darkness- Just when you thought you've heard everything...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
From Ultimate Guitar Archive

As we reported previously, The Darkness have started work on the follow-up to "Permission To Land" with a little bit of inspiration from the late Freddie Mercury. The band was working in the same studio in which Queen recorded "Bohemian Rhapsody." "Studio stuff is going well. It's about the biggest drum sound you'll ever hear on a rock record and that's all there is to it at the moment. We're in the same studio that they recorded "Bohemian Rhapsody" in, so I'm using Freddie's piano and stuff," said singer Justin Hawkins.

As it was reported by WiredAF news agency, at the present time the band stopped working on the follow-up because of mysterious reasons. Justin Hawkins denied commenting on the situation, however some info leaked on the net. "We were recording our 3rd song for the album, which has some piano parts and I was playing on Freddie's piano when this happened," said Justin to his close friend during the phone conversation. "Suddenly all our gear stopped working and it's became very silently. I almost felt the silence. There were like 10 people from the studio as well as the whole band when we heard a hiss from one of our amplifiers, and then the voice said "Stop this. You vulgarize the rock music, you are doing everything wrong. And stop touching my piano and stuff." "Last thing I remember -- that amplifier started to burn. I am scared to death now and we decided to stop the recording and think about that. We may quit the scene."

The band is going to sue a company which owns the studio, because they did not make them to know about ghosts and other odd things that have happened there before.

It's nice to know that at least the ghost of a rock legend looks after rock music though.

So Freddie manifested himself from the other world to ask The Darkness to stop using his "piano and stuff". :eyebrow: Hardly the Fairy Feller's master stroke.

How much drugs are these guys using again?

I thought it was pretty obvious this was an April Fools Joke. I wasn't going to say anything until someone else did, see if anyone would actually get roped in.

Pretty funny though.

bsp77 said:
I thought it was pretty obvious this was an April Fools Joke. I wasn't going to say anything until someone else did, see if anyone would actually get roped in.

Pretty funny though.

:reject: well in my defense I just thought it was plain ridiculous :huh:

Back
Top Bottom