The Darkness cover "Street Spirit"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder whether the single is even released in The Netherlands :grumpy:

I'd better check soon whether I can buy it online :hmm:

Too bad they weren't number one, but I gotta give it up to the Gary Jules version of "Mad World." I've been listening to it a lot.

By the way, the listening party in my truck on the way to the restaurant was great. One girl was like :uhoh: , the other was like :lol: . I was like :up: . :D

HeartlandGirl said:
Just picked up Permission to Land and listened to it. If anyone is hesitating, I highly recommend picking this album up. It will make you happy during this cold holiday season. My favorite nonsingle tracks so far are Love Is Only A Feeling and Love On The Rocks With No Ice. They get five stars for song title creativity alone!

:up:

I asked for this album for Christmas...and then took it off my list!

I wish I hadn't now...

I bought it today, after shamelessly putting it on my top 10 lists for the year. Almost bought a Sleater-Kinney album, but then I remembered I wanted Permission to Land more. Opinion? It rocks.

I am also addicted to "Love Is Only a Feeling." I'm all about the melody, the guitar, all of it. :heart: Best song on the album imho.

Last edited:
Growing on me, I believe in a thing called love, Love is only a feeling, Friday night, Holding my own

half that album is amazing IMO
the other half is merely great :D

I have to say I quite like this cover.

I found out about it in a Radiohead interview, Johnny said he liked it.

That being said, I still stick to my guns that The Darkness are just a British version of Andrew WK.....which I have no problem with because I like both of them.

pub crawler said:
I hear shades of Robert Smith in Hawkins' voice, but it is of course a purely subjective observation.

Ah, got it. I kinda see what you mean now that I think about it. Most people think he sounds like Freddy Mercury of Queen.

I thought it more a rip taylor/scott weiland/geddy lee oration.

The album is actually pretty good, although I'm not so much in agreeance about the christmas song. I concur with the $1.99 price though...

:sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom