The Dark Side of the Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:

I'm 99% sure at this point that I'll be going to see ol' Rog for a second time and I can't wait. Most of the screen projections have apparently changed since the 2006 tour, and they're apparently even better. I don't know how on earth that's possible, because they were amazing the first time I saw them!

I'll probably see him again, and I'll have to go to another city as well. That pinkfloydz video from Brisbane had some new visuals - those were incredible.

Tampa???

Wow, that's only an hour and half away from me.

loved the videos :drool:

ntalwar said:
That pinkfloydz video from Brisbane had some new visuals - those were incredible.

The coloured pills? I can't remember there being any coloured ones in the 2006 shows. The big white Soma one was there, I remember that...I think I would have remembered the coloured pills because they look fabulous! Either that or I was high off the guy smoking copious amounts of weed in front of me. :lol: The Any Colour You Like visuals still look the same, although I can't quite remember there being planets (I hope the amazing writhing prism vectors from the beginning of ACYL haven't gone - that bit blew my mind!)

EDIT: Ha...on "all you distrust" George Dubya comes up on the screen briefly. I never noticed that before! See, this is why I have to go see the show again!

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Tampa???

Wow, that's only an hour and half away from me.

GO, SERIOUSLY, GO. You won't be disappointed. It's well worth the trip. Hell, I'm flying five hours to see the exact same setlist that I saw last year; the show is that good!

GibsonGirl said:

GO, SERIOUSLY, GO. You won't be disappointed. It's well worth the trip. Hell, I'm flying five hours to see the exact same setlist that I saw last year; the show is that good!

If I can find a way there, I will go.

Zootlesque said:
Damn, you guys are making me want to look for Waters shows in my area! :drool:

Watch this video the whole way through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skb74r9Vxc8

That, dear Zoots, is why Roger Waters is fucking awesome and why you simply have to catch one of his shows. :wink:

hiphop, I'm not much of a songwriter. :lol: I record covers...that's about as far as I go.

Did anyone go to his Melbourne show? I read reports that until he got into the more popular Floyd stuff the show was quite despondent, and was bought down as a whole thanks to his Hicks campaigning.

COBL_04 said:
Did anyone go to his Melbourne show? I read reports that until he got into the more popular Floyd stuff the show was quite despondent, and was bought down as a whole thanks to his Hicks campaigning.

I was there, He was awesome , That is all!

I didnt really care about the more popular stuff, it was just awesome to be there!...

bono_man2002 said:
Hey, are there any plans for a release of a show from this tour on DVD?

Yep, more than likely a 2007 show. Mangy Cours with Nick Mason was planned, but the people at the show didn't see any cameras other than the ones used to film the footage on the screens. It's just as well, because the show improved drastically by the 2006 North American leg (with the inflatable pig and whatnot :drool: ).

ROGER WATERS 2007 ONSALE DATES

DATE CITY VENUE ON SALE DATE

Friday, May 18th West Palm Beach, Florida Sound Advice Amphitheatre Saturday, March 10th

Saturday, May 19th Tampa, Florida Ford Amphitheatre Saturday, March 17th

Tuesday, May 22nd Atlanta, Georgia Phillips Arena Saturday, March 3rd

Thursday, May 24th East Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena Monday, March 19th

Wednesday, May 30th New York City Madison Square Garden Monday, March 19th

Friday, June 1st Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Saturday, February 17th

Monday, June 4th Ottawa, Ontario Scotiabank Place Monday, March 5th

Wednesday, June 6th Quebec City Quebec Colisee Arena Monday, March 5th

Thursday, June 7th Montreal, Quebec Bell Centre Saturday, March 3rd

Saturday, June 9th Chicago, IL United Center Saturday, February 17th

Wednesday, June 13th Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl Sunday, March 18th

Friday, June 15th Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Sunday, March 18th

Saturday, June 16th Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Saturday, March 17th

Tuesday, June 19th Oakland, CA Oracle Arena Sunday, March 4

Thursday, June 21st Vancouver, BC GM Place Monday, March 5th

Saturday, June 23rd Calgary, Alberta Saddledome Saturday, February 24th

Sunday, June 24th Edmonton, Alberta Rexall Place Saturday, February 24th

Wednesday, June 27th Winnipeg, Manitoba MTS Centre Monday, March 5th

Friday, June 29th Omaha, NE The Qwest Center Saturday, March 10th

Saturday, June 30th St. Paul, MN Xcel Center Saturday, March 10th

Monday, July 2nd Milwaukee-Summerfest Marcus Amphitheater Saturday, March 3rd

Monday, July 9th Boston, MA TD Banknorth Friday, March 2nd

Friday, July 13th Hartford, CT The Meadows Saturday, March 17th

Saturday, July 14, 2007 Toronto, Ontario Skydome Monday, March 5th

:drool:

Thanks for the updates, GG. Now I have to pick one(or more) to got to :hmm: this time around. Probably Philadelphia. That Skydome is a surprise for Toronto.

My pleasure. And now that Lila's bumped up the tour thread, we can stop derailing this one. :wink:

COBL_04, are you going to check out any other Floyd albums?

Gibby, thanks for recommending the Dark Side dvd! It's absolutely amazing! :bow: I have a renewed appreciation for the album! :faint:

Btw, this may sound silly but what is it that David uses for the slide intro to Great Gig and also on Breathe? That boxy thing from Fender, is that a guitar? :reject:

Zootlesque said:
Gibby, thanks for recommending the Dark Side dvd! It's absolutely amazing! :bow: I have a renewed appreciation for the album! :faint:

Btw, this may sound silly but what is it that David uses for the slide intro to Great Gig and also on Breathe? That boxy thing from Fender, is that a guitar? :reject:

I told you it was hot! :wink: It's a fascinating thing to watch. Incredible just how much work went into that album. You don't notice it when you're listening to it, because it's all pieced together so well. The intro to Time must have been a nightmare to synchronise properly given that it was still ages before digital recording!

That's a lap steel guitar. Gilmour used it for most Floyd songs that needed slide, actually (e.g. Shine On, Wish You Were Here, One Of These Days, etc.)

GibsonGirl said:
Incredible just how much work went into that album. You don't notice it when you're listening to it, because it's all pieced together so well.

Seriously!!! It's so interesting to watch how they strip away each element of a song until only the vocal or only the guitar or bass is left. Fantastic! I esp. enjoyed Gilmour constructing Money. :love:

Zootlesque said:

Seriously!!! It's so interesting to watch how they strip away each element of a song until only the vocal or only the guitar or bass is left. Fantastic! I esp. enjoyed Gilmour constructing Money. :love:

And how cool does the Money tape loop look? :love: It's also pretty amusing in spots too. Roger's impression of the Zabriski Point director's reaction to the Us And Them piano is classic. :lol: "Eet's beyootiful but eet is too sad...eet makes me think of church!"

Nice to see Alan Parsons as well.

GibsonGirl said:
Roger's impression of the Zabriski Point director's reaction to the Us And Them piano is classic. :lol: "Eet's beyootiful but eet is too sad...eet makes me think of church!"

:laugh: That was great!

First time I saw Storm Thorgeson's face I think. The genius behind all the images and album covers! :drool:

To all you people that don't have the patience to sit thru' the intro of Time and think it's self indulgent or pretentious or whatever, here's what Waters says about it on this dvd. He says he had the opportunity to go back and listen to this song and his brain kept saying "now it's gonna... now it's gonna change... ohh it's going round again..." It seemed to go on forever and ever and ever and that in those days there was no hurry to quickly keep changing the pace in order to keep the listener's attention. He ends with saying it was good. I agree with him. We're living in such an ADD world right now that artists probably don't even have much freedom to do whatever the hell they want with their music!

Zootlesque said:
Oh Gibby, if you're reading this, did you catch that Waters' bit about GW Bush? :laugh:

Yeah. :lol: It would be nice if Dubya could transcend his upbringing, wouldn't it? Rog isn't very fond of him to say the least.

"Oh George! Ohhhhh George!
That Texas education must have fucked you up when you were very small!"

My favourite line in Leaving Beirut.

And I couldn't agree more, regarding Time. It might be too "prog rock" for some people to listen to a bunch of chiming clocks and a long roto tom intro, but it is absolutely true; we live in a society of instant gratification, and that's reflected in a lot of pop music, punk music, etc. Sometimes it's good to have that inner "I want everything delivered in a neat package and I want it NOW" drive put on hold. If artists don't say something in four minutes or less, well, that's it for them. MTV won't play a song that breaks the seven minute barrier (when they're not showing raunchy reality shows, that is.) Radio won't play a song that breaks the seven minute barrier. I think it's a bit sad that a lot of the music being written these days is crafted to fit this reality. Some of it's good, of course, but I often find myself thinking that a particular section of whatever song I'm listening to could have been extended and developed further.

Zootlesque said:
To all you people that don't have the patience to sit thru' the intro of Time and think it's self indulgent or pretentious or whatever, here's what Waters says about it on this dvd. He says he had the opportunity to go back and listen to this song and his brain kept saying "now it's gonna... now it's gonna change... ohh it's going round again..." It seemed to go on forever and ever and ever and that in those days there was no hurry to quickly keep changing the pace in order to keep the listener's attention. He ends with saying it was good. I agree with him. We're living in such an ADD world right now that artists probably don't even have much freedom to do whatever the hell they want with their music!

:drool: :bow: The first 2 minutes of Time are worth the price of admission alone.

Gibson Girl, by any chance, are you a Pink Floyd fan?

:laugh:

Yeah, I plan to check out some more. My new years resolution (among others) was to broaden my musical tastes. I have bought so far SGt. Peppers and Dark Side, I'm going to get more Beatles, Rolling stones, maybe some Who, who konws. Maybe I'll run a thread. But I think I'll be after Wish You Were Here next in terms of floyd.

GibsonGirl said:

we live in a society of instant gratification, and that's reflected in a lot of pop music, punk music, etc. Sometimes it's good to have that inner "I want everything delivered in a neat package and I want it NOW" drive put on hold. If artists don't say something in four minutes or less, well, that's it for them. MTV won't play a song that breaks the seven minute barrier (when they're not showing raunchy reality shows, that is.) Radio won't play a song that breaks the seven minute barrier. I think it's a bit sad that a lot of the music being written these days is crafted to fit this reality. Some of it's good, of course, but I often find myself thinking that a particular section of whatever song I'm listening to could have been extended and developed further.

:up: So very true.

This is absolutely weird, but for the past few days I’ve been battling a head cold...and in my attempts to force a magical cure, I bought some kind of herbal tea from Dominion. After drinking it before bed, I ended up having the strangest dream: I was in the middle of a Roger Waters concert--only it wasn’t in a stadium or similar venue, it was in a high school gymnasium! All the lighting and sound was done by locals, and they even had cheap insulation blocks that were going to come down as part of the show. Just when things couldn’t possibly get any stranger, I started getting upset at people who were openly drinking alcohol from bottles and flasks and not really listing to the music. I was saying things like "Do you know who this is? This is ROGER WATERS! Why are you not paying attention?"

It was a very disjointed, two-part dream, because the very next scene featured me walking by Roger’s house (which was more of a compound). He was perched on a hill, with a beautiful view of what appeared to be Corner Brook. I was invited to play baseball in his sports field :|

bono_man2002 said:

Good Choice, I'd be going for either WYWH or Animals next.

I always feel unworthy in the Pink Floyd threads, because I haven't listened to everything--if I was any more casual as a fan, I'd be wearing permanent pajamas. I can confirm, however, that Animals is amazing. Aside from that and DSOTM, I've only heard The Wall and The Final Cut.

Getting back to Animals, has anyone seen the movie Children of Men? Part of the reason why I found it so intriguing was the scene that makes the Animals album cover come to life. After watching the movie, I went for a walk and listened to the album...and it all gelled together in a pretty interesting way.

B000024D4R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

childrenofmenpigwy4.jpg

childrenofmenpig2pn5.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I haven't listened to everything either. I have most albums....but I really have only listended to Animals, DSOTM, WYWH, The Wall and The Final Cut....as well as some of the first album.

Back
Top Bottom