The Dark Night Casting (New BatMan Film!!!) Spoilers on Casting!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is Well Heath? And Hoffman as the Penguin may be interesting. He's no Danny Devito though! My name is Oswald Cobblepot!:mad:

Screwtape2 said:
This is a bad idea. Ledger and Hoffman haven't shown they can do supervillians yet. As a fan of Batman Begins, I must say the casting is starting to scare me away from this film. I'm feeling like this could be another Batman & Robin. :tsk:

I'm not that thrilled about Ledger's casting, but I'm positive that Hoffman will be able to pull off the role of Penguin (if he's ever confirmed for the part anyway). Hoffman has yet to disappoint me in any of his recent film roles. He's such a versatile actor.

I'd be skeptical over this movie if Christopher Nolan wasn't attached to it. I honestly don't think it's going to be another trainwreck like Batman & Robin, though. Hopefully Ledger will surprise everyone...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm concerned about having two of his major villians in one movie.
True I don't want to see another Shuemacker look alike disaster.

Queen Bee said:

I'm not that thrilled about Ledger's casting, but I'm positive that Hoffman will be able to pull off the role of Penguin (if he's ever confirmed for the part anyway). Hoffman has yet to disappoint me in any of his recent film roles. He's such a versatile actor.

I'd be skeptical over this movie if Christopher Nolan wasn't attached to it. I honestly don't think it's going to be another trainwreck like Batman & Robin, though. Hopefully Ledger will surprise everyone...

You mean Batnipple and Robin right? :yikes:

I pretty much agree with you, and Wanderer's idea of Liev Schreiber as Harvey Dent :drool:

How about Billy Dee Williams guys, Colt .45 + Lando + Gale Sayers = Harvey Dent again??? :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm concerned about having two of his major villians in one movie.

According to Batman on Film, Joker isn't going to appear until the hour mark at least so that leaves room to develop The Penguin (a British arms dealer) and also Harvey Dent.

Anyway, Begins had three villains (four if you count the decoy) and that worked out great.

Here's a bit about the direction the film is taking.

Source: batman-on-film.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:55 AM CENTRAL TIME: Well, it begins. From this point on, expect the news and rumors to really pick up. Here’s our first report from one of our sources who has been tremendous for BOF in the past. Here’s what he had to tell us:

As rumored and expected, The Joker is going to be nothing like Nicholson’s version from B89. “What would be the point in trying to recreate something that was done so well then?”

Expect to see a back story for The Joker and we shouldn’t expect to see him until the middle of the film. “Like Batman in BEGINS.”

The Joker will not be the only villain in the film. “I know you’ve heard this before but trust me -- Nolan and his brother have a couple of surprises up their sleeves!”

“Heath Ledger is perfect for the role as he has never played this kind of part before which is what Nolan was after. Think about it -- if you see Sam Rockwell or Robin Williams or even Hugo Weaving, you’d know exactly how they would play the role before even seeing the film and that’s not very intriguing for fans is it? I have a feeling Paul Bettany was out of the mix after his performance in The Da Vinci Code.”

“From what I’ve heard about the direction of the film expect The Joker to be very creepy and very extreme.”

if they are going the ways of a trilogy, I want to see this one be darker and have more Bat-action, similar to The Empire Strikes Back or even the recent Pirates 2.

This is all really exciting news, plus the title is perfect :hyper:

U2girl said:
Too bad they don't bring in new villains.
I see where you're coming from but neither the Penguin nor Dent/Two-Face have been treated with the right amount of respect. I liked Burton's mutant Penguin but that was not the same character from the comics. Same goes for Dent/Two-Face.

As for the Joker, Nicholson's was far too campy and seemed more concerned with his love life. Again, not the same same guy from the comics.

I actually think those who haven't been exposed to the source material are going to be pleasantly surprised by the depth of these characters come 2008.

Slapnutz said:

Anyway, Begins had three villains (four if you count the decoy) and that worked out great.

All pretty minor compared to these two. If they somehow kept them around to show up in later films that might be cool...hell we'll see.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

All pretty minor compared to these two. If they somehow kept them around to show up in later films that might be cool...hell we'll see.

Penguin is said to be a small role. I think that's why Hoffman is stalling. He wants more screen time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom