The Dandy Warhols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
Anyone have thots on their new album "Welcome To The Monkeyhouse?" It's growing on me. I also like that it was produced by Duran Duran's Nick Rhodes.

I LOVE THE DANDY WARHOLS!

With Monkeyhouse, they had the potential to overtake U2 and become my favorite band. However, the album came up short. You Were the Last High is something special. Unfortunately, most of the rest of the album isn't. My expectations were higher after 13 Tales. I can't wait to see them live again, though.

You were the last high is incredible. The rest of the album is a little hit and miss. But I still like them a lot. Even though they probably will self destruct soon. Always rumors of them breaking up.

I don't have the new album, I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it. I have a couple of their older ones.

I saw them at Reading last year and I have to say they were actually really disappointing...not because they played badly or anything, it's just that they looked like they were just going through the motions. I mean Courtney Taylor-Taylor spoke to the audience all of...once? There wasn't really any kind of energy to the performance and since then I've been put off them a bit :( so I wanna hear a few more tracks off the new album before I buy it :yes:

I heard they are on tour with David Bowie? Is that correct?
I think tickets are on sale already for Bowie in Oz? I won't be there :(
I have fond memories of the Dandy Warhols being here a couple of years ago for the Livid festival. I didn't go, but I heard some of it on the radio. They were really good sports about the silly aussie goings on.
The first single is getting lots of airplay here "we used to be friends" I haven't heard the album.

...any friend of Bowies....

PS:squishy...you mentioned Reading. A young Aussie band is heading up for that this year, The Sleepy Jacksons...only babies yet. I wish them well and pray for good weather for the event.

They are playing at the Silverlake music festival here in LA in September :)

I don't know the date but I can find out if anyone is interested...

Back
Top Bottom