The "Damon Albarn Can Do No Wrong" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Blur
Gorillaz
The Good, the Bad, and the Queen

Three bands worthy of drooling over, and they're all populated by one dude, Damon Albarn.

He's easily one of the most creative minds in music today, while still making quality material.

I've been listening to Demon Days for the last few days, and although Danger Mouse should get credit, too, it's not the same without Albarn's contribution. I'm sure you guys have more to say about him than I do.

Appreciate, bitches. :drool:

Blur were best when they were at their most British..

And also, She's So High is a delight, got a hint of the Stone Roses about it...

And the Coffee & TV video is classic, as is the Country House video.

And the Gorillaz are cool, if a little pretentious. DARE is a gem, but it's all about Shaun Ryder....

Clint Eastwood... :drool:

I ain't happy
Feelin' glad I got sunshine
In a bag I'm useless
But not for all the future
Is comin' on is comin' on...

i'm damon albarn's biggest fan.
... well not really.
but i thought it'd sound nice.
i love his work, and he indeed "rules" in my books.

i even went by damon albarn on facebook for a spell.

I just recently seen a show about his and Jamie Howlett's Chinese opera Monkey....it really looks and sounds awesome. Completely different than anything ever put on stage.

I love this thread:hyper:

Yes, he is an amazing musician... So creative and with such charisma...
Gorillaz is not exactly my type but it's not bad at all. They have some good songs and the idea couldn't be more original.
The Good The Bad And The Queen are amazing... In fact they suprised me. I would love to see them live, because of their beautiful sound and because I never saw Damon live...

And Blur... There's no need to talk about Blur. They were the first band I was crazy about.

I love the guy, but oddly only for Gorillaz and TGTB&TQ. I still haven't got into Blur yet. That's my musical mission for this week. I have Parklife downloaded but never had a chance/the gumption to listen to it.

inmyplace13 said:
I love the guy, but oddly only for Gorillaz and TGTB&TQ. I still haven't got into Blur yet. That's my musical mission for this week. I have Parklife downloaded but never had a chance/the gumption to listen to it.

oh man, Parklife changed my life!

U2 should snippet the Feel Good Inc. chorus on Staring at the Sun, since the melodies are the same.

damon.jpg

one of my favourite songs ever... great live version of it from the late show. too bad the quality isn't a bit better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdMUgMPWnVU

Back
Top Bottom