"the da vinci code" by dan brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just spent the past few weeks working a second job at a book store. They anticipated two things of this book:

1. It was going to be a really big seller for the holiday season.

2. There was going to be tons of returns on this book.........why? Because so many people were giving it as gifts that the recipient either had already received the book from another person or they already read it before they got it as a gift.

I quit before I found out if they were right on #2. All I know is the few times that I spent helping people look for books, everyone wanted to know if we had that book in stock.

I got it for Christmas.

My uncle went on and on and on about it--literally anything I brought up was "just like The DaVinci Code" so big surprise what I got as a gift. I was going to return it and exchange it for some paperbacks...but then I opened it and he inscribed it. :mad:

It's not like I don't want to read it, but I have so little time to read that I'm really picky and I avoid bestsellers...plus I don't have alot of room for hardbacks, thanks to all my textbooks, so I'd just as soon get it from the library or wait for paperback. So I was going to trade it for the beautiful LOTR trade paperbacks. But now I've got no choice--which really makes reading it a pleasure. :rolleyes:

I sound so Grinchy, but there's a whole history with this uncle anyway that his Christmas gift just bugs me. So if someone wants a copy of The DaVinci Code... :laugh:

Last edited:
i read it in about a day. i really enjoyed it.

interesting story that mixing facts with a fictious story.

U2ME3 said:
i read it in about a day. i really enjoyed it.

interesting story that mixing facts with a fictious story.

same here, took about a day, the mix kept it faster paced than a straight historical account. If you're Catholic, makes ya want to ask some questions, or do some more serious reading on some of the issues/topics brought up in the story.

Made me go read Angels & Demons - not as good.

I'm sure the movie will be a blockbuster, too.....

frenchie1970 said:

same here, took about a day, the mix kept it faster paced than a straight historical account. If you're Catholic, makes ya want to ask some questions, or do some more serious reading on some of the issues/topics brought up in the story.

Made me go read Angels & Demons - not as good.

very true.

i also read angels and demons and thought the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom