The Curse Lives On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there is no team more arrogant than the new york yankees... but with 26 championships, you can almost understand it...

but talk about the arrogance of the boston red sox management to paint the 2003 world series logo behind home plate at fenway park PRIOR to last night's game... that'll go down in history alongside the shea stadium scoreboard reading "congratulations boston red sox, 1986 world champions"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the second kevin millaaaahhhh fell down running to first... even the most skeptical of people had to think, just for a second, that The Babe was getting warmed up...

yes. the beginning of the end. bastards!

The painting of the logo was ordered by MLB as a precaution due to the fact that game 1 was in less than 48 hours.

And for the record its not Aaron F*ckin' Boone to go along with Bucky FUCKING Dent...Its Grady FUCKING Little.

screw that... did pedro give up the game winning homerun? no... they tied the game... red sox still had plenty of chances to still win... but the red sox' legendary loser's limp set in, and the curse... the ultimate built in excuse... was set.

as for the logo... how come they didn't tell the yankees to paint the logo on their field before game 7 'cause it was "48 hours before the game." i haven't heard that mlb told them to do it... but even if they did, the red sox, forver a jinxed franchise, HAVE to refuse to do it until game 7 is over. if they really had to get it done before a potential friday workout, have staff on hold to paint it over night. i'm sure the fenway crew would have been more than happy to stay up late as hell to paint that thing if it meant that the sawks had finally beaten the "evil empire"

They obviously couldn't paint the logo at Yankee Stadium while the game was ongoing. Had game 7 been at Fenway, they'd have started painting up Yankee Staium as a precaution.

And the Pittsburgh Steelers New Orleans hotel room reservations from from Super Bowl week 2002. (Hey I have to make myself feel better).

Is it really that important when they painted the thing? I bet the Yankees would have if the game had been in Boston, even when they were losing

:madspit: to those Yankees, and a curse on them

there is no team more arrogant than the new york yankees... but with 26 championships, you can almost understand it...

What about Man U? I forget how they stack up. I also know that the Montreal Canadians (habs) aren't too far behind, despite sucking right now.

but talk about the arrogance of the boston red sox management to paint the 2003 world series logo behind home plate at fenway park PRIOR to last night's game... that'll go down in history alongside the shea stadium scoreboard reading "congratulations boston red sox, 1986 world champions"

i saw that last night on the fox preshow and thought that was a joke. i didn't know that they actually did that. :tsk:

the great bammm-beeee-nooo
sandlot2.jpg

funny... the same fans who killed mcnamara for taking clemens out after 7 innings are now killing grady "slingblade" little for leaving pedro in after 7 innings... :shrug: what'cha gonna do
How well do you remember 1986? I was in Fenway for game 5, remember things quite vividly. There wasn't an outcry over McNamara removing Clemens. It was widely reported Clemens was removed due to a split on his finger. Only one person complained of Clemens' removal after the game, Clemens. He said he could have gone further, while McNamara contends (to this day, it was reiterated during last night's broadcast) that Clemens asked out of the game.
Some people do blame McNamara for game 6, but not for yanking Clemens, but for not putting Dave Stapleton in at first in the bottom of the 10th, a maneuver he made all season long because of Buckner's ailments.
As for Grady...it was pretty clear to most people that Pedro was cooked. Grady should make the same move as Torre, step out of the dugout, signal for the reliever, then head to the mound. Don't let the player dictate your move.

Last edited:
I agree it shouldnt be up to the player, Grady says "Pedro wanted to go", well Grady, hows about you grow a pair and make the decisions you are paid to make.
I mean, of course he wants to stay out there, who wouldnt, (unless injured).

funny... the same fans who killed mcnamara for taking clemens out after 7 innings are now killing grady "slingblade" little for leaving pedro in after 7 innings... :shrug: what'cha gonna do

Back in 1986, Ronan Tynan wasn't disgracing the memory of the victims of 9/11 with an overblown rendition of "God Bless America" intended to put opposing starting pitchers on ice for the 7th inning. Pedro should not have entered the bottom of the 7th.

how is singing god bless america a disgrace to the victims of 9/11? i don't get that comment at all... they've been doing god bless america durring the 7th innings stretch at every single game since 9/11... they didn't do it in this game just to ice the pitcher... that's retarded.

I think the Yankees have scored in the 7th inning of every home playoff game so far. I think Boston started doing the overblown version of God Bless America this series too, I'm ashamed to admit. I firmly believe that there's some gamesmanship going on here, and that's what's shameful -- manipulating what should be a solemn rememberance for sport.

I think we should have Fox cover a match up between the best little league team from Chicago and the best Little League Team from Boston. it is the match up we all wanted. We can call it the Grady Little League World Series

Back
Top Bottom