The Cure....US Tour 2008 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:33 AM
The Cure....US Tour 2008

Well what can I say after 30 years these guys can rawk like they were 20 something...

I went to their opening show of the tour last nite at The Patriot Center in VA. And all I can say is these guys are in fine form in every way, musically, vocally and the chemistry is electric.. God love Robert Smith...

I heard about their shows in Europe this year and thought wow, 3 hour gigs! They'll never do that here in the US... WRONG! DEAD WRONG...!

They played a 3 hour set last nite that went past midnight!(they are probably gonna get fined for going past kerfew LOL) 38 friggin songs! We got 2 new songs that have never been played live yet. They were great! The Perfect Boy and The Only One. I would recorded them but my camera battery died about 3 or 4 songs into the show. Damn it I should charged it before the show.

I was on the floor the second section behind the first center section in front of the stage so it wasn't a bad spot. Patriot Center isn't that big either.. I got the setlist from the mixing board after the show which was cool! People were asking me where I got it and I just said well I begged for it...

Here's the setlist:

Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, A Strange Day, alt.end, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures of You, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Hot Hot Hot!!!, The Only One, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

1st encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
2nd encore: Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You
3rd encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab.

They are releasing a new album this fall, september I think. And they are doing something cool. The 13th of every month they are releasing a single every month starting on May 13th. The album as of yet is untitled.

My crap pics:

Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Blue Meth Addict
Local Time: 11:33 PM

Nice to see them opening with Plainsong, as the gods of rock have deemed fit. The first encore is a thing of perfection.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Never been to a Cure show, but I love how the main set ends.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:33 AM
i did a damn search in this forum and didn't see that one.. I went thru all 33 pages.. Somehow I missed it..

whatever... mod's merge this I guess..
Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 AM   #5
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:33 PM
I saw them when they were in Singapore last year and it was bloody awesome. We didn't get 'Plainsong' or 'Disintegration' though.

But we did get 'Kyoto Song'...

the cure