The Cure Tour Announced

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The album sounds like it's going to be really good. :up:

Between that and the Placebo DVD, we're gonna be in music heaven. :drool:

I can't wait for this. I've only become a major Cure fan within the past six months, but new Cure? :drool: I think that if this is going to be the last Cure album (and I really do hope it's not!) it seems like they should have ended with Bloodflowers. I'm really hoping they'll have at least one more album after this, if only because I don't want to see this as the final album. Eh, if that made any sense...:huh:

u2popmofo said:
I Edit: There are lots of thumbs up in this post :up:

:up:

Cujo has been rubbing off on you!

I love the new avatar.

I have heard the new Cure song on the radio, and it sound better than some of their recent releases. :up:

~ 80's Cure fan

The video for their new single is up on Yahoo! Launch. 'Tis on the front page right now.

http://launch.yahoo.com

Mtv2 was also showing a half-hour thing called "The Cure Make a Video." They'll probably be showing it eight times a day if anyone wants to check that out.

HeartlandGirl said:
The video for their new single is up on Yahoo! Launch. 'Tis on the front page right now.

http://launch.yahoo.com

Mtv2 was also showing a half-hour thing called "The Cure Make a Video." They'll probably be showing it eight times a day if anyone wants to check that out.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I totally has an 'old school music video' vibe to it. I approve :up:

So has anyone gone so far? I'd like to hear impressions and such.

I'll be there next week, rocking as much as is allowed goth-wise.

I have been trying to win tickets all day...I have been caller 1,2,5,6...but not seven.

Otherwise, I will buy tickets at the venue on Thursday!

OK.....back from a day of concert going with a bag full of stories! :up: I will work in order of the Curiosa Band List for our show (Tinley Park/Chicago - Cursive and Thursday did not play - no big lose in my mind):

HEAD AUTOMATICA - Not very interesting in my opinion. I think I may have heard them on the radio before, and they didn't interest me then. They all seemed like your usual "trying to hard" poser band (too well dressed, etc. etc.). What I found funny was they were given free reign of a diesel golf cart that they used ALL over the venue after their show).

MOGWAI - By far my favorite of the night. I love their music. BUT, the downside with their songs and a 45 minute set is that they can only get three songs in. :( :)

COOPER TEMPLE CLAUSE - Again...an OUTSTANDING perfromance. I really liek these guys. And the second stage is so freaking small...it is GREAT! Little did I know, as they were playing, all hell is about to break loose in my world.

At the end of their show, so roady gets on and announces "Due to an injury, Muse will not be playing tonight." Well, the friend I convinced to go with me was ONLY there to see Muse. She is a student here, and from Germany, which menas she has a REAL limited income. $38 for a lawn seat is expensive - and now this is all a big dissapointment.

We go over and talk to some of the guys from Cooper Temple to see what the story was. Were chatting with them, and they said they were all playing footbal (re:soccer) in the parking lot when the lead singer from Cooper Temple challenged the bassist of Muse for the ball. Both being competitve in a parking lot soccer game, the Cooper Temple lead singer slide tackles the Muse bassist, and the Muse bassist breaks his wrist. Dumbasses.

THE RAPTURE - Didn't even see them. We ventured to talk to the Muse roadies to see if they were around. They were all at the hospital. We went to the ticket office, and ended up talking with the Regional Box Office Director of Clear Channel. Well, she was cooler than cool and refunded us both our ticket prices, and also told me to e-mail her if I was interested in seeing Wilco in St. Louis! SWEET! :D

AUF DE MAUR - We missed most of them, but of what I did see...I liked. She has a big fan base in the area because she played with the Smashing Pumpkins. And she is so damn attractive!!!

INTERPOL - LOVED them. Second favorite of the evening. It is really who I came to see...and I was very impressed. I wanted to pre-order Antics, but they required you to come to the store in Chicago to pick it up. Pfft. They played an extended show due to the Muse mis-step.

THE MUSE - see TCTC and The Rapture.

THE CURE - I was so happy to here so many songs from Disintegration. That was the last concert I saw them (yup...1989...Another outstanding show considering Pixies and Love and Rockets opened for them then). My favorite album will always be Kiss Me (x3)...but that is a pretty dark and evil album to play live songs from (Little alone 17 years later). It was a good show. Fortunately they didn't play too many new songs I would know, and they capped off the night with Love Cats and Boys Don't Cry. Robert said that they don't play LoveCats too often...so it was kinda cool. He looked pretty haggard...but I expected that.

It was a cool set-up. They have five minutes between each band (starts off with a side-stage band, and alternates until the Cure). They also have a meet and greet area where two bands come out and sign CD (you must buy the CDs though).

And then they the area for the "causes" (animal rights groups, free tibet, save grandma from certain death, etc. etc.) and then the "we'll sell you vacation packages" area too.

Awesome Zoney!!!!!!! Thanks for posting your impressions!!!

I had read that about Muse, that totally sucks!!! It's very awesome they refunded your tickets though, wow! Too bad Cursive wasnt there, hopefully they wont miss SLC. I'm really digging their latest album. From what I've read, Head Automatica is the lead singer of some band called Glassjaw and Dan 'The Automator' Nakamura from Gorillaz. I'm not too excited about them either. I'm glad Mogwai was awesome! What CD of theirs would you recommend if I ever got one? Pure Rock Action or Happy Songs for Happy People? Those are about the only 2 CDs of theirs I usually see around.

How exactly does the 2 stage thing work? Are they very far apart from each other? Do you have to get up and move for each performance? Just wondering. I'm sure it will be set up slightly different at each venue.

Here's the setlist The Cure played for your memories:

Lost, Plainsong, Labyrinth, Facsination Street, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, High, The End of the World, Anniversary, Lovesong, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Pictures of You, Closedown, Before Three, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, The Promise

Encore: Close To Me, The Lovecats, Why Can't I Be You, Boys Don't Cry

u2popmofo said:
Awesome Zoney!!!!!!! Thanks for posting your impressions!!!

How exactly does the 2 stage thing work? Are they very far apart from each other? Do you have to get up and move for each performance? Just wondering. I'm sure it will be set up slightly different at each venue.

In Detroit the "other" stage was on the other side of the GA lawn hill. Nowhere near each other really. You had to go all the way around the hill or over it. I got there late so I didnt catch the opening acts. The Cure came on 10 minutes late (fortunately for me as I was running late) and seemed to be a little rushed during the encore as a result (11pm all ages outdoor show noise oridinance and curfew) although they played until about 11:10.

Thanks Blue Room!!!!!!!

Here's your setlist in Michigan for the help:

Plainsong, Shake Dog Shake, Labyrinth, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, Push, Siamese Twins, Before Three, Inbetween Days, Sinking, Us or Them, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, alt.end, A Strange Day, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

Encore: Close To Me, Friday I'm In Love, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry

Re: Re: The Cure Tour Announced

zoney! said:
Well, she was cooler than cool and refunded us both our ticket prices, and also told me to e-mail her if I was interested in seeing Wilco in St. Louis! SWEET! :D

Yeah, I'm still jealous. But you better come um, 'meet me in st. louis' to go to the show with me (and robin and kara)!

I will e-mail my new friend Monday to thank her and see what I can do about Wilco! :sexywink:

Mofo....thanks for the setlist. I ws glad they didn't play "friday..."

The side stage for us was on the backside of the main stage, and you had to go back and forth between the two to see all the bads...but it IS possible to see all of the bands. I am sure all of the venues have a unique set-up....but manageable so you can see all bands if you wish!

u2popmofo said:
Thanks Blue Room!!!!!!!

Here's your setlist in Michigan for the help:

Plainsong, Shake Dog Shake, Labyrinth, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, Push, Siamese Twins, Before Three, Inbetween Days, Sinking, Us or Them, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, alt.end, A Strange Day, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

Encore: Close To Me, Friday I'm In Love, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry

Guess I didn't notice it before but that's a killer encore!!!

The new single/singles have been announced:

U.S.: 'alt.end'
Europe: 'Taking Off' (lucky suckers, hopefully US will get this later)

Also, they will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live on August 26 (performing 'alt.end' and a 'Cure classic')

PS - I'll be seeing them Tomorrow!

I heard that the Curiosa Festival at The Gorge has been postponed. Does anybody know why? Is it because the guy from Muse broke his wrist??

probably another parking lot football match.

I am sorry, but I could NOT imagine seeing Robert Smith running around playing soccer. :no:

Calluna said:
I heard that the Curiosa Festival at The Gorge has been postponed. Does anybody know why? Is it because the guy from Muse broke his wrist??

Nah, Muse was already off the tour by now regardless. Robert Smith apparently needed to go back to England for "family matters" this weekend and they had to postpone. Major bummer for everyone, best of luck.

I'm hoping it doesnt rain for the entire 6 hrs of the show on us today, but it probably will.

Pinball Wizard said:

I am in despair.

Not even motivated to wear my orange pants today.

:down:

Aww, poor cujo! I hope that you can make it to the rescheduled date.

From 107.7 The End's website:
Robert Smith of The Cure, will be heading back home to London this weekend due to personal reasons. This will result in the rescheduling of the Curiosa show at The Gorge on August 21st. The Cure will now play a special show, "An Evening With The Cure," in Seattle on August 31st at The Everett Events Center. No other acts will perform. Tickets for the August 21st Curiosa Festival date will be honored at the show on August 31st. New tickets for the Everett show will go on sale Thursday at 10am through the venue.

Back
Top Bottom