The Cult

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I saw The Cult last night at The Wiltern Theater! Wow, those guys know how to put on a good show. Ian Astbury is awesome, really gets into the music. You really dont see that many bands out there who can still kick ass after all these years. Ian still has that awesome voice, really enjoys performing with the band. They played most of the familiar tunes from their old albums as well as more tunes I didnt recognize. I had not planned on seeing them before, and I am not really a diehard fan where I know all their songs. I was really planning on seeing Ours because I had just discovered their music and I wanted to see them perform live but come to find out, they were opening for The Cult, so it was two good bands in one night. Here are some tunes The Cult played in no particular order as I dont know their older or newer stuff as much, just the popular tunes:

Fire Woman
Spirit Walker
Revolution
Edie (acoustic version. This was great)
Wild Flower
Sweet Soul Sister
American Gothic
White

and with my luck they probably played the last song She Sells Sanctuary when we left to avoid traffic:angry:

There were a few people in the general admission area who were floating and trying to mosh, I thought that was pretty dumb. Idiots. Something about it turns me off in a big way, as I have been in mosh pits before in my younger years and have managed to get myself nearly killed each time. I just like to enjoy the music. My brother and I stayed towards the back and still had a great view of them. It was like one big party last night, where nobody wanted to leave. It was a great show.

nellie said:
noooobody likes The Cult? not one person? only me? :reject:
Nellie-
I like The Cult.
Saw them last year here:up:
Ian got pissed during Sanutuary...then kicked the mic and stand over..
Great show:)
I think Ian was doing speed..I watched him spit loogies quite a bit on stage and he was very very hyper..:huh:

We all had a good time:)

DB9
:dance:

Thanks Diamond, for a minute I really thought I was the only one who liked them.

Some of the stuff he said that night:

"We played to some great crowds in Oakland, and we played in San Francisco, they were amazing, but L.A....this is fucking coming home!"

"I haven't taken drugs, because......Billy Idol took all of mine!"

"Dave Grohl went to a Cult concert on a dare and said that our album was overly produced, and when he heard it it made him want to go and shoot people"

he was wearing some strangelooking tie that was grey with a circle at the end and he said after a while...
"And if your wondering about the tie, it was designed bye _____"
(i forgot who he said)

and before the encore..
"Thank you! Now please let us go!"

Back
Top Bottom