The CSGW gives you Brainpower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a doppelganger Cassie? :wink:

Maybe. If so, I haven't met her yet. I honestly do think that everybody has somebody else out there that looks very, very similar to them though.

I went to the gym today. WTF.

I've been biking lots lately, and as much as I hate exercise normally, it's been nice. I can tell I'm a lot leaner already, and it's not like it's all that strenuous to bike a bit every day. :up:

I'm fairly sure I saw the aftermath of a suicide off of the Washington Avenue bridge this afternoon. Crowds of people watching from the pedestrian bridge above, emergency vehicles on the road part of the bridge below, and a few cops over on the shore of the river. :(

John I don't start till the 29th :lol:

Lucky you

I'm fairly sure I saw the aftermath of a suicide off of the Washington Avenue bridge this afternoon. Crowds of people watching from the pedestrian bridge above, emergency vehicles on the road part of the bridge below, and a few cops over on the shore of the river. :(

Damn that sucks....suicide is always so sad, I mean I'm not judging the person who did it, it's possible they were perfectly sane and made what they felt was the right decision but for the people who it affects like their family and friends...

Damn that sucks....suicide is always so sad, I mean I'm not judging the person who did it, it's possible they were perfectly sane and made what they felt was the right decision but for the people who it affects like their family and friends...

I know. Just looking at the whole scene was so unnerving.

I know. Just looking at the whole scene was so unnerving.

Yeah I can just imagine....

Cassie do you ever read the threads on what.cd about pirating music? I'm beginning to discover I have a lot of negative feelings towards torrenting especially certain people's attitude to it

Cassie do you ever read the threads on what.cd about pirating music? I'm beginning to discover I have a lot of negative feelings towards torrenting especially certain people's attitude to it

No. I've learned that people are stupid, generally, and I don't like most of them, so I consequently don't trust or like their opinions. :lol:

But, I am curious as to what some of their attitudes are towards it.

No. I've learned that people are stupid, generally, and I don't like most of them, so I consequently don't trust or like their opinions. :lol:

But, I am curious as to what some of their attitudes are towards it.

Most are reasonable you know the usual buying what you like etc. but some people seem to have the opinion that artists are selfish for wanting to be paid for their work which I think is a little bit of a stupid opinion, I mean surely if an artist can afford to compose music full time that means more or better music. I get the idea of disliking record labels and super rich artists but saying the average new band doesn't deserve any money at all can only hurt music overall

Look, John, I found your doppelganger!

Screenshot2009-09-20at44603PM.jpg

:wink:

Based on that picture, I can totally understand why John's a fan of Knifecrime. :wink:

That guy looks so pissed. :laugh:

Most are reasonable you know the usual buying what you like etc. but some people seem to have the opinion that artists are selfish for wanting to be paid for their work which I think is a little bit of a stupid opinion, I mean surely if an artist can afford to compose music full time that means more or better music. I get the idea of disliking record labels and super rich artists but saying the average new band doesn't deserve any money at all can only hurt music overall

This is one of the better ideas I've heard in dealing with pirated music and the music industry adapting:

YouTube - Todd Rundgren Time for the Music Industry to Evolve pt1
YouTube - Todd Rundgren Time for the Music Industry to Evolve pt2
YouTube - Todd Rundgren Time for the Music Industry to Evolve pt3

How many CD's does the average person buy each year? 20-30? The music industry getting $20 each month from the subscription of a person adds up. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom