The CSGW gives you Brainpower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John, who is the woman singing in Restart Your Mind because it sounds like Patti Smith (at least the style of singing is very similar)? :hmm:

Everything is done with a mixture of my voice and effects :lol: Guitar effects pedals make your voice sound weird when you plug microphones into them :wink:

Interesting. :up:

So how are you liking the tracks Justin? They're basically the first fruits of our current recording sessions. We've taken a slightly more serious approach to bass, drums and vocals this time around that's probably the main difference between this and the recording of our first album

So how are you liking the tracks Justin? They're basically the first fruits of our current recording sessions. We've taken a slightly more serious approach to bass, drums and vocals this time around that's probably the main difference between this and the recording of our first album

I think Memories is one of your best tracks. The middle of Restart Your Mind sounds like a jazz fusion piece which is great. I think they sound tighter and more unified than a lot of your past album. It's sounding great so far. :up:

I think Memories is one of your best tracks. The middle of Restart Your Mind sounds like a jazz fusion piece which is great. I think they sound tighter and more unified than a lot of your past album. It's sounding great so far. :up:

I love Memories, honestly it's my favourite of all our songs. It started out as an ambient jam and we basically played over it, only 9 seconds of the original was cut for the final mix. We're trying to make everything sound better, we're using higher quality equipment, we're not mixing down the songs until we're finished, and we're saving loseless copies of every song

Trust me you haven't heard the intro to Memories until you've heard it in loseless :drool: Well originally anyway, the original ambient version nearly broke my heart to hear in MP3, I remixed it a little differently so that it'd survive the quality downgrade a little better

I'm back :wave:

John customs have never given me a prob... wht are you planning to bring into the US? :lol:

Because I get nervous and customs people don't like that :wink:

I love Memories, honestly it's my favourite of all our songs. It started out as an ambient jam and we basically played over it, only 9 seconds of the original was cut for the final mix. We're trying to make everything sound better, we're using higher quality equipment, we're not mixing down the songs until we're finished, and we're saving loseless copies of every song

Trust me you haven't heard the intro to Memories until you've heard it in loseless :drool: Well originally anyway, the original ambient version nearly broke my heart to hear in MP3, I remixed it a little differently so that it'd survive the quality downgrade a little better

The intro is beautiful. It sounds like a lost Passengers track to be honest. :up:

Sorry for the short absence,Had to clean the kitchen. Hey Justin :wave:.

:wave: Hi Flybabe. How have you been? :)

It's not going to cool down anytime soon, either. :|

It'll probably be this hot when Wayne gets here and his English rose lilly white skin will be burnt to a red crisp like a broiled lobster :drool:

FB it's 7:30 here and blistering hot. It's even too hot for me and I love heat. :|

:crack: I really wish this heat wave would pass over,and it not raining is really not helping. But when it rains that doesn't help either,it just makes it muggy. Today I was looking for something in my closet and it is a walk-in,and just not 30 seconds I come out sweating it is that hot.:crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom