The Corrs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
I wanna buy their Live from Dublin CD, but I only know 2 songs, the one with Bono and Breathless, and I definitely don't like that song. Could some of you give me your opinion on the album, and whether or not it's worth the money?

Yeah, I'd just heard a lot of people 'round here like them and could give me some info.. and I guess Bono does of course :D

bono-vox said:
Not worth the money imo- ive heard snippets of it and The Corrs are rubbish....every tune sounds exactly the same

She said it! Go see a trad band in an Irish pub for free and you'll also hear better music. They look nice, sound nice I guess, but blah, so dreary and samey and tinges of paddywhackery.

As much as I can't stand em though, they do perform better live than their shite chart dribble, although as I said, Irish pub trab band better:p

I saw the special on VH-1 and had to have the sound down for most of it. Summer Wine with Bono is great, but k.d. lang would do a better job than what's-her-name. The Stars/Blue song isn't even that great.
Don't buy it. :tsk:

Enter Mrs.Clayton: The Black Sheep.....there are two kinds of people...those who like the Corrs, and those who do not.....I really like the Corrs. I don't listen to them for their "authentic" Irish sound, I listen to them because they are pop, but not Britney Spears. I must agree that they sound much better live. Only buy the album if you can say this statement and mean it..."I like the Corrs"

not exactly true..........here's my deal.......i think the corrs are talented musicians and andrea has a good voice.....their songs for the most part are dumb though.....all sappy love tunes....so i really like the live album because more than half the songs are not theirs........i mean, i don't like their other stuff a super lot, but i really like that cd.....

i say buy it..........

I find it near impossible to listen to Andrea on record. Don't ask why. They're a throwback to 70s easy listening, and they carry most of their influences from that. If you hate 70s easy listening, you hate the Corrs. That's my take on it.

Despite that, I managed to see them in concert (only half-decent act to come to Singapore recently although I'm mulling over whether to go see the Pet Shop Boys come Jul 29 and I passed over a chance to see Screamfeeder due to unfamiliarity) and they do put up a good show.

what amazes me is how these girls can carry off the same image for years.........!

I even had a dream the other night, a whole crowdful where standing watching the Corrs play live, and Andrea started movin round the crowd, suddenly she was shot in the back........she lay there, not dead, but there was terrible panic.

as an opening statement...THE CORRS ARE SHIT>

However.......i bought the Live in Dublin cd just for "When the Stars go blue"i think it is an absolutely fabulous song! Andreas voice is great in it, And the B-mans in Fabulously Vocal Form!!

that song is great. the corrs are pop music, with a bit of diddly-ee-dee-doo to make foreign people look at them and say "ah the quaint irish". i think thats called marketing.

Having said that, some of their songs are sing-along-able, quite decent pop songs, but i cant see myself going out and buying a Corrs album for Corrs songs!

*as usual, us Dundalkers get the raw deal...Dubliners got u2 and Damien Duff, Robbie Keane, Niall Quinn etc etc etc, and we get The Corrs and Steve Staunton!......no im jokin I LOVE STEVE STAUNTON

Andrea has a great voice...check out "Hold On" (REM's song, but a nice cover)..."Song for Ireland," 'Runaway," "So Young," and "Make you mine"

Their lyrics need work tho...I can admit it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom