The Corrs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay.

The Corrs. The Corrs. The Corrs.

It's all I'm hearing about these days. So can someone PLEASE tell me: what's the big whoop???

Sure, they're total babes (all a size 2 or zero, I'm sure), but I've never heard any of their music. Are they THAT good?

so what's all the hubbub, bub??? :confused:

They sound like a step up from Wilson Phillips to me. I really don't get the appeal, except that they are really great musicians and they really shine when they're doing traditional Irish music that shows off their fine musicianship. But in terms of pop music, I don't get it.

Other than the twqo duets they did with Bono, I find them so unbelievably boring it's pathetic. I think the only reason they are as famous as they are is because they are so insanely beautiful. Other than that, I really fail to see their appeal as well.

I like When the Stars go Blue. But that's not even their song. And Bono IS singing in it.

i don't mind them. they're good musicians, and i love that their music has a lot of traditional irish influence to it. they lyrics are a bit cheesy and shallow and even dull at times, but i really don't mind 'em...in fact, it's nice music to chill to...

It looks like there are a lot of jealous women on this board :tongue:

Their albums suck if you ask me, but their live performances (Unplugged, Ransdowne Road) are very good.

Hmmrooaaarrrrr....

Attachments

• 010326r2-13cr-corrs.jpg
    010326r2-13cr-corrs.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 48
I have been hearing about them here lately. All I know about them is the one video I saw from them on VH1 like twice.

[color=royal blue]Some songs are better than others...I'm not familiar with ALL their albums, but I agree I like their traditional Irish musicianship.[/color]

They have become big in Australia , they're concerts sold out recently. I don't own any of their albums, so I don't know song titles, but there have been a couple of OK songs on the radio.
I LOVE the fact they are siblings and YAY for female drummers imho.
I also like the fact they sometimes break into reels or just a hint of. I have some fine traditional folk music friends and I like that kinda stuff.
I'm no help am i discoteque..they're not rocky enough for me really.

suppose this is a good place to say this...Corr's /Ireland/Ronan Keating...a bit of a connection.
Ronan Keating is touring Australia at the moment and a young woman whom i've known since her 8 year old talent quest days is his support act and opening for him. She is about to release a single nationally, so Good Luck Brooke McClymont, knock'em dead honey!!

Back
Top Bottom