The Corporation...at last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Last night I heard a review of a documentary that has been made by a young Canadian woman. It is called "The Corporation". The Australian reviewer said it made her feel sick, all that information being delivered in 3 hours, but they gave it a great recommendation as an important piece to see, giving it 4 and 5 stars. I can't wait to see it.

But I may have to. You know what is special about today...other than that it is the second day of Spring?.
Farenheit 9/11 is opening in Grafton TOMORROW night!!!
Don't we have to be patient down here in the outback? Some things open simultaneously, but not many. I won't get to see it until next week. This is a must see for me. I know most of you have seen it already and liked it.
But anyway :up: to the young film maker.

I watched an Australian documentary last night Soundtrack to War by George Gittoes. It's a heartfelt piece. Best wishes for the safe return of all the teams that bring these images to us.
Documentaries:up:

It does look interesting, and it sounds as if it is delivered in the Moore idiom of documentaries. The Corporation is second on my list, behind Control Room.

This past year was great for "independent" docu-pics, at least in terms of provocative content (whether enjoyed or not). My Architect was a decent introspective too, although the capturing lens is slightly more personal than most of its peer films.

the corporation is excellent. more structured and almost clinical relative to moore i thought, but that goes along with the premise.

Last edited:
I don't remember it being 3 hours long at all.

It's not as "rabid" as Moore's work, and it's much more structured like your classical documentary. Really well done, I thought. I saw it when it first came out in Toronto, a few months ago.

kobayashi said:
the corporation is excellent. more structured and almost clinical relative to moore i thought

that's pretty much what the Australian reviewer said.
I think Farenheit 9/11 for me may be a case of preaching to the chorus( I have heard that phrase used so much about Michael Moore's work), but I will make the effort to get along to see it this week. I want to be another paying patron that adds to Michael's phenomenal success. He earned it imho.

I hope you are right anitram about the length. I think that particular Aussie reviewer is a bit excitable and prone to exaggeration. The seats in our old local theatres aren't at all comfortable....but gings I love them. I think the one in Yamba will be torn down and modernise soon, so I try to go as often as possible( which isn't often) before that happens.

Back
Top Bottom