the concept of half birthdays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
half-birthday is the day you get after adding 6 months to your
birthday.

if you celebrate your birthday, you can also celebrate half-birthdays. infact you can celebrate your birthday as two half-birthdays.

half-birthday is a better unit, more accurate and comes twice as fast.

think of the half birthdays u missed celebrating.. live more half-birthdays...feel better...because its all in the mind and our imagination.. :sexywink:

and there are even half birthdays and odd half birthdays... he never need to wait looooooooooong ..for your next half-birthday.

a random thought by

AcrobatMan

Back home, I used to celebrate my birthday as often as possible. :up:

After my birthday would pass, I'd celebrate by weeks for a little while. Then I go back to months. My birthday is March 9th, so on the 9th of every month, I was often fond of informing my friends how many months were left until my birthday.

Ya know...they were probably happy when I moved away. :mad: :lol:

While we're at it...have you guys heard of golden birthdays? For example, if your birthday is April 15th, then when you turn 15, that's your golden birthday. I've only discovered a few people who have heard of this. My boyfriend turns 30 on the 30th next month, and I was telling him how cool it was that it would be his golden birthday, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Doozer came up with the "5 days of birthday" where you are expected to give something for the entire week before someone's birthday...I think it's just a scam so she can get more presents :eyebrow: :lol:

oh my golden birthday is this year!!!

ive never heard of it either

i hope i get a golden birthday shower

I :heart: Doozer. :lmao: :heart:

I'm so excited for my boyfriend's big day next month...I mean, 30th birthday PLUS his golden birthday. I want to make a big deal out of it...but, um...I highly doubt he wants me to. :reject:

I will have to find a compromise.

Sorry, but more digressions...

I've heard of golden years, which is the same concept of your golden birthday except it's a really prosperous year.

i was 6 days away from being born on 29 february. a girl i went to school wasn't so lucky, though.

apparently my golden year was when i was 5. :angry:

My golden birthday was a loooonng time ago now....(when I was 16). But it was a pretty good year -- I got my driver's license and graduated from high school. :)

As for half birthdays -- when you get to be my age, you only want to be reminded how old you are once a year. However, I do support the concept of birthday months. That way people have to be nice and give you stuff for the whole month! :wink:

okay, here comes debbie downer...

my car accident happened on my 21.5 birthday (2/15 - my birthday is 8/15).

on my 15th birthday i visited my dad in icu. he'd tried to kill himself and had a grand mal seizure.

i won't be celebrating my half birthday next year. :|

okay now i feel bad for posting this...sorry.

KhanadaRhodes said:
okay, here comes debbie downer...

my car accident happened on my 21.5 birthday (2/15 - my birthday is 8/15).

on my 15th birthday i visited my dad in icu. he'd tried to kill himself and had a grand mal seizure.

i won't be celebrating my half birthday next year. :|

okay now i feel bad for posting this...sorry.

Well....maybe they'll both be better next time around.... :huh: As a matter of fact, I think you're due for some good birthdays, so I command the birthday gods to give you good birthdays from now on!

There. All set now. :wink:

My husband's half birthday is his younger brother's birthday (and, obviously, vice versa).

My golden birthday was the year before last.

yolland said:
What do people who were born 29 February (leap year) do?
They age at 1/4 the rate the rest of us do. I have a friend who's my age who was 5 when Able Lincoln was president. :)

Back
Top Bottom