The Coldplay hate has got to stop... for the good of this forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I'm not even a big fan of Coldplay. I like Radiohead much more. But I don't hate Coldplay! Wasn't there a big uproar when somebody started a thread about how much they hate the Dave Matthews Band??? Then why does the bias against Coldplay go unnoticed? Isn't this an unhealthy hate too? Honestly, how would you feel if you were a big Coldplay fan. You would not even want to step into this forum. Put yourself in other people's shoes please.

Live and let live.

:up:

Zootlesque said:
Honestly, how would you feel if you were a big Coldplay fan. You would not even want to step into this forum.

:uhoh:

:reject:

Mofo said:
....but did you really needed to make another Coldplay thread :wink:

I'm hoping somebody takes this seriously. That's why I started a thread about it. If I had just posted in the same thread, it would've been most likely forgotten by the next page.

Agreed.

If you don't like a band, don't listen to them and don't talk about them. I don't understand why the concept is so hard.

Besides it's better for your blood pressure not to get all bent out of shape hating. :wink:

I'm afraid it's live and let die, as long as I'm here anyway :wink:

but seriously, what should Coldplay fans expect when they come to a U2 forum, after what Chris Martin keeps saying about "being better than U2" or "beating U2 as the biggest band in the world" ?

And it's ok for Coldplay fans to say they love Coldplay? Then can't people who dislike them say their own opinions? It's like the Bomb haters, there are 2 sides and there are going to be arguments because all people have different opinions.

But isn't part of someone's taste in music having a distaste in a certain band or genre, and when you're in discussion over a subject you talk about how you feel. Some people like Coldplay, some don't, sure the bashing gets too unfair at times, but not everyone loves Radiohead either, but is it wrong to say you don't like them?

*I like Radiohead, but I'm using them as an example

and Irish, it is Live and Let Live also

Live and Let Die is a killer song tho:drool: :drool: :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
but is it wrong to say you don't like them?

It's one thing to say... 'Eh, I don't like them' or 'I don't care for their music'. But to constantly go on and on about how Chris Martin has no talent, he has no balls, Coldplay suck, Coldplay is shit etc.. and to start threads over and over again just to badmouth one band is totally unproductive to the forum, not to mention disrespectful to the band's fans.

LemonMacPhisto said:
But isn't part of someone's taste in music having a distaste in a certain band or genre, and when you're in discussion over a subject you talk about how you feel. Some people like Coldplay, some don't, sure the bashing gets too unfair at times, but not everyone loves Radiohead either, but is it wrong to say you don't like them?
No, by all means, dislike them, but creating THREAD AFTER THREAD just to bash them is annoying (or worse, a Coldplay bashing in a completely irrelevant thread, which happens a lot too). They suck, they rip off U2, one of them named a kid Apple, WE GET IT. There's no reason to cause the same shitstorm that many times.

And anyway, tolerance is a two-way thing. If you want people to respect your Coldplay bashing, you could try respecting the Coldplay fans by not making it blatant flamebait like most of the Coldplay comments that find their way here. The attitude that we should tolerate everything just to be fair doesn't hold up; have you ever heard that the right for you to throw a punch ends where my nose begins?

Zootlesque said:

It's one thing to say... 'Eh, I don't like them' or 'I don't care for their music'. But to constantly go on and on about how Chris Martin has no talent, he has no balls, Coldplay suck, Coldplay is shit etc.. and to start threads over and over again just to badmouth one band is totally unproductive to the forum, not to mention disrespectful to the band's fans.

Zoo: Chris Martin DOES have balls. I WILL kick them when I grow up. This is how it must be.

Also: I think the two worst bands on the planet (and I'm talking about bands many consider "real" artists--I'm making no room, I admit, for the Nicklebacks of the world) are, in no particular order, Dave Matthews Band and Coldplay.

I just hate bad, derivative, uninspired music which aches and pretends to be something far more than it is or ever could be, and that's why I hate these bands like no others.

So the bottom line is that I, for one, ain't gonna cause no trouble if somebody opens a thread to rip Dave Matthews and his "Band" of "musicians." I would gladly kick all of them in the nuts, too...but I admit that there are way too many of them and that I'd likely be overpowered and, in the end, embarrassed. Probably not worth it, no matter how potentially gratifying the whole thing could be...

typhoon said:

No, by all means, dislike them, but creating THREAD AFTER THREAD just to bash them is annoying (or worse, a Coldplay bashing in a completely irrelevant thread, which happens a lot too). They suck, they rip off U2, one of them named a kid Apple, WE GET IT. There's no reason to cause the same shitstorm that many times.

And anyway, tolerance is a two-way thing. If you want people to respect your Coldplay bashing, you could try respecting the Coldplay fans by not making it blatant flamebait like most of the Coldplay comments that find their way here. The attitude that we should tolerate everything just to be fair doesn't hold up; have you ever heard that the right for you to throw a punch ends where my nose begins?

And I think that Typhoon probably makes some pretty damned good points, here. Luckily, I can say I've NEVER started a Coldplay thread...so at least I'm innocent of that.

And while some may take this the wrong way, I don't know how else to say it: if the issue is Coldplay and we disagree (about that issue--not about other stuff), then I couldn't possibly care less about whether or not my bashing (and it IS bashing and it IS flaming and it IS impossibly rude...I can't make any bones about that) is respected or anything. I'm not kidding when I say that I find Coldplay's music so catastrophically, offensively bad that I don't feel the band respects me. I know that they're not out to hurt me (that's fuckin' crazy talk), but I'm still hurt by their music. I'm sure that most would find this irrational, but most would find my inverse (and perverse...?) love for U2 to be equally irrational. It's just the way I roll, I s'pose...

But, yeah. I just feel like I'm standing up for myself when I eviscerate Coldplay in a thread. Which, I might add, I've hardly at all done over the time I've spend at Interference. Only recently. But, then, I'm sure nobody is trying to attack me personally.

Whatever. That's how it is on this end for the world's greatest Coldplay-hater.

First 2 Coldplay albums: o.k., nothing revolutionary or evolutionary.

X&Y: :help:

By the way, I don't think hatin' on something constantly, is a good thing, but open discussion and opinion is healthy and needed in every aspect of life, especially music :tongue:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
I'm not even a big fan of Coldplay. I like Radiohead much more. But I don't hate Coldplay! Wasn't there a big uproar when somebody started a thread about how much they hate the Dave Matthews Band??? Then why does the bias against Coldplay go unnoticed? Isn't this an unhealthy hate too? Honestly, how would you feel if you were a big Coldplay fan. You would not even want to step into this forum. Put yourself in other people's shoes please.

Live and let live.

Interference is democracy at work. It's also a kind of virtual Darwinism...there's no guarantee of your survival...:evil:

I have no problem with people who want to discuss Chris Martin's lyrics, or the band's choice of video styles. But, I also reserve the right to critique them and discuss their (IMO) overall lack of originality, and blatant rip-off of U2-ness that often leaves me physically ill and questioning a music industry that pushes them as the 'Next Big Thing.'

If you shout... said:

I just hate bad, derivative, uninspired music which aches and pretends to be something far more than it is or ever could be, and that's why I hate these bands like no others.

Interestingly, I know many people who would think this sentance is about U2. And they would agree with it too (in the U2 context). :wink:

Ugh...I just typed out a big long post but Mozilla stopped working cause I tried to play the damn new iPod ad.

Maybe I'll put it back up later

typhoon said:

I understand what you mean, I normally don't go out and Coldplay bash, maybe a jab every once and while, but yeah, it is tiresome. I totally have no problem with people liking them, I mean, I still listen to everything but their new stuff, cuz it was just too much for me.

So basically the main point is: "we get it, we know already, stop posting this crap" right?

cuz I like that

If you shout... said:

I'm not kidding when I say that I find Coldplay's music so catastrophically, offensively bad that I don't feel the band respects me. I know that they're not out to hurt me (that's fuckin' crazy talk), but I'm still hurt by their music.

Man.. that's seriously fucking crazy talk! :lol:

I guess since you don't create thread after thread or make post after post about how much they suck and pretty much keep your hate within yourself, it's okay.... I guess. :huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I understand what you mean, I normally don't go out and Coldplay bash, maybe a jab every once and while, but yeah, it is tiresome. I totally have no problem with people liking them, I mean, I still listen to everything but their new stuff, cuz it was just too much for me.

So basically the main point is: "we get it, we know already, stop posting this crap" right?

cuz I like that
I like you too, sexy.

familyguynew.jpg

Zootlesque said:
I guess since you don't create thread after thread or make post after post about how much they suck and pretty much keep your hate within yourself, it's okay.... I guess. :huh:

:lol:

Although you're talking to/about me, I have to admit...that was PERFECT use of that smiley, my friend. I am rolling. Perfection.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think that was the jist of my lost post.

inmyplace13 said:

I think that was the jist of my lost post.

Ugh.. that sucks! I hate it when that happens! Like when you're typing up a long email and just when you're submitting it, the connection goes! :mad:

As for 'If you shout...', let's stick to discussing Radiohead and 90s U2 then, shall we? :wink:

zoots:

dig, man: I don't hate coldplay; in fact, I like them enough. however, I felt like with the release of their latest album it was hype mania.
all kinds of devotion to them, chris martin saying he's gonna "beat" u2, etc.

you know, coldplay can do whatever the hell they want and that's cool with me, but when it's shoved in your face all the time as "this is the GREATEST", I tend to have an adverse reaction.

and to be fair, when bono was on his whole "we're the greatest band in the world" trip in 2002.....hey, if I wasn't already a fan for 16 years, I'd be ripping him up too.

I am not a fan of hype.

JOFO said:
zoots:

dig, man: I don't hate coldplay; in fact, I like them enough. however, I felt like with the release of their latest album it was hype mania.
all kinds of devotion to them, chris martin saying he's gonna "beat" u2, etc.

you know, coldplay can do whatever the hell they want and that's cool with me, but when it's shoved in your face all the time as "this is the GREATEST", I tend to have an adverse reaction.

and to be fair, when bono was on his whole "we're the greatest band in the world" trip in 2002.....hey, if I wasn't already a fan for 16 years, I'd be ripping him up too.

I am not a fan of hype.

See... saying it like that is cool. :wink:

But it's the OMFG!!!111 C0LDPL4Y SUXXXXXX B4LL5!!!777 that gets old very fast.

Actually, I haven't listened to a single Coldplay album. Only know the radio singles. :wink: They don't pique my interest like Radiohead are doing right now. :drool:

or Rush of Blood

or dig deep and get some of the incredible b sides

Back
Top Bottom