The Coldplay hate has got to stop... for the good of this forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how about Ghost Dad?

B00003JABL.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

if you haven't already, check out the bill cosby xanga

http://www.xanga.com/mr_bill_cosby

it's not in english because wholesome cosby comedy transcends language barriers

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't like coldplay.

But what if I like them? Am I not allowed to like them? It really brings a guy's day down when he has to go in here and read all this negativity about his favourite bands. :(

:uhoh:

:wink:

It's quite ironic that the Queen thread is now directly above this one. I can't stand Queen, but, at the expense of sounding a wee bit arrogant, if I can have the civil courtesy to not invade what is an appreciation thread with why I don't like them, I don't see why people can't do the same for Coldplay.

Edit: Oh, and for those of you who say Coldplay can't rock, please take 1.36. Thank you.

elevation2u said:
THAT'S NOT IN ENGLISH,,,,,
FORGET THAT

"THAT'S A COSBYYYY SWEATER, A COSBY SWEATTTAAAAA"

:lol: I just watched that movie on Comedy Central yesterday

Sonic Death Monkey :rockon:

Last edited:
haha, random Cosby joke

So Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?

Sunshine and farts what the hell kind of a question is that?
I'm sorry, are you through? I thought this was Kids Say the Darndest Things, not Old Black Comedians Don't Shut the Hell Up

Family_guy_-_Bill_cosby.jpg

he's not even speaking real english anymore?

I like pudding, and Ghost Dad was the best movie since Leonard Part Six

Coldplay are sellouts. They need to go back to making true metal, and stop collaborating with Fred Durst. Real metal 4 life. :rockon:

Wait a second...Coldplay get slammed for not being "progressive", yet everyone loves Sigur Ros and they've put out the same record 3 times.

The most disturbing thing about the anti-coldplay sentiment that exists on this board, is that it usually motivated by prejudice and bigotry.

If the criticism were validated and well thought through perespectives on the band, it would make for decent discussion.

However, in many instances, the anti-Coldplay crowd are bigots whose hatred is motivated by a number of factors:

1. The fact that Coldplay have achieved commercial success and have generated widespread appeal. A form of elitist jealousy that exists amongst fans of bands who fail to recieve such recognition or radio-play.

2. Those who prefer heavier more guitar-based styles of music, and enjoy the act of undermining anyone who decides to write a piano ballad like "What If" or "The Scientist".

3. Anti-conformism. Whilst total conformism is never a good thing, people believe that to like a band like Coldplay (who are unquestionably massive) is a form of conformism, merely because heaps of other people like them. For them, it is fashionable to attack or develop an anti-coldplay sentiment.

4. A simplistic philosophy that considers that to write an accessible song is to "sell out", whilst to be wildly and ambitiously experimental means unquestionable credibility, nevermind how obscure an artist's music maybe.

X&Y and Coldplay have many flaws, yet let's discuss them with maturity, as we do with bands such as Radiohead and U2.

This is no place for prejudicial tirades...

intedomine has hit the nail on the head.

I fell in love with the band after buying Parachutes the day it came out in late 2000. I understand how people may not be open to them now since they are so huge, though. A lot of people can't like an artist unless they are NOT on the radio. It's strange.

Coldplay used to be like that, to an extent. I remember when they were one of my little bands none of my friends knew. But now that they are one of the biggest groups around, I'm not going to like them less. The music loses a bit of its sentimental value to me due to the fact that everyone knows them now.

I do wish they were still one of my little bands like Eisley is now. Someone I loved from the beginning that not a whole lot of people know about. At least then I wouldn't have to hear how bad they suck on a daily basis :huh:

intedomine said:

1. The fact that Coldplay have achieved commercial success and have generated widespread appeal. A form of elitist jealousy that exists amongst fans of bands who fail to recieve such recognition or radio-play.

3. Anti-conformism. Whilst total conformism is never a good thing, people believe that to like a band like Coldplay (who are unquestionably massive) is a form of conformism, merely because heaps of other people like them. For them, it is fashionable to attack or develop an anti-coldplay sentiment.

And what is really ironic is that this is a U2 forum. Can't get much more commercial than U2 or be more conformist than being a U2 fan.

bsp77 said:

And what is really ironic is that this is a U2 forum. Can't get much more commercial than U2 or be more conformist than being a U2 fan.

Haha... so true!

Great post, intedomine! :up:

Back
Top Bottom