The Coldplay hate has got to stop... for the good of this forum! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Ugh...I just typed out a big long post but Mozilla stopped working cause I tried to play the damn new iPod ad.

Maybe I'll put it back up later

Old 10-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #17
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by typhoon

No, by all means, dislike them, but creating THREAD AFTER THREAD just to bash them is annoying (or worse, a Coldplay bashing in a completely irrelevant thread, which happens a lot too). They suck, they rip off U2, one of them named a kid Apple, WE GET IT. There's no reason to cause the same shitstorm that many times.

And anyway, tolerance is a two-way thing. If you want people to respect your Coldplay bashing, you could try respecting the Coldplay fans by not making it blatant flamebait like most of the Coldplay comments that find their way here. The attitude that we should tolerate everything just to be fair doesn't hold up; have you ever heard that the right for you to throw a punch ends where my nose begins?
I understand what you mean, I normally don't go out and Coldplay bash, maybe a jab every once and while, but yeah, it is tiresome. I totally have no problem with people liking them, I mean, I still listen to everything but their new stuff, cuz it was just too much for me.

So basically the main point is: "we get it, we know already, stop posting this crap" right?

cuz I like that

Old 10-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

I'm not kidding when I say that I find Coldplay's music so catastrophically, offensively bad that I don't feel the band respects me. I know that they're not out to hurt me (that's fuckin' crazy talk), but I'm still hurt by their music.
Man.. that's seriously fucking crazy talk!

I guess since you don't create thread after thread or make post after post about how much they suck and pretty much keep your hate within yourself, it's okay.... I guess.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I understand what you mean, I normally don't go out and Coldplay bash, maybe a jab every once and while, but yeah, it is tiresome. I totally have no problem with people liking them, I mean, I still listen to everything but their new stuff, cuz it was just too much for me.

So basically the main point is: "we get it, we know already, stop posting this crap" right?

cuz I like that
I like you too, sexy.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
I guess since you don't create thread after thread or make post after post about how much they suck and pretty much keep your hate within yourself, it's okay.... I guess.

Although you're talking to/about me, I have to admit...that was PERFECT use of that smiley, my friend. I am rolling. Perfection.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I think that was the jist of my lost post.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:46 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I think that was the jist of my lost post.
Ugh.. that sucks! I hate it when that happens! Like when you're typing up a long email and just when you're submitting it, the connection goes!

As for 'If you shout...', let's stick to discussing Radiohead and 90s U2 then, shall we?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by typhoon

I like you too, sexy.

That Hansel is so hot right now
Old 10-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 07:29 AM
I am a big Coldplay fan and I frequent this board. If I get upset about the hate towards them, then I have a problem, but I know other sites *cough coldplaying.com* to go to get my Coldplay fix.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
coldplaying.com

I actually prefer the official board to it, though.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
The official board moves way too fast for me to follow. I have made some good friends off of the official board though.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:29 PM
zoots:

dig, man: I don't hate coldplay; in fact, I like them enough. however, I felt like with the release of their latest album it was hype mania.
all kinds of devotion to them, chris martin saying he's gonna "beat" u2, etc.

you know, coldplay can do whatever the hell they want and that's cool with me, but when it's shoved in your face all the time as "this is the GREATEST", I tend to have an adverse reaction.

and to be fair, when bono was on his whole "we're the greatest band in the world" trip in 2002.....hey, if I wasn't already a fan for 16 years, I'd be ripping him up too.

I am not a fan of hype.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
zoots:

dig, man: I don't hate coldplay; in fact, I like them enough. however, I felt like with the release of their latest album it was hype mania.
all kinds of devotion to them, chris martin saying he's gonna "beat" u2, etc.

you know, coldplay can do whatever the hell they want and that's cool with me, but when it's shoved in your face all the time as "this is the GREATEST", I tend to have an adverse reaction.

and to be fair, when bono was on his whole "we're the greatest band in the world" trip in 2002.....hey, if I wasn't already a fan for 16 years, I'd be ripping him up too.

I am not a fan of hype.
See... saying it like that is cool.

But it's the OMFG!!!111 C0LDPL4Y SUXXXXXX B4LL5!!!777 that gets old very fast.

Actually, I haven't listened to a single Coldplay album. Only know the radio singles. They don't pique my interest like Radiohead are doing right now.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

just a suggestion, listen to Parachutes.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

or Rush of Blood

or dig deep and get some of the incredible b sides

Tags
coldplay